Injuries

Auhud08

Probably should bump this and see if anyone has info on a few guys. Boobee, Prince Tega, and Driscoll seem to be the most dire concerns. Don’t remember any other obvious injuries. Horton was so bad again Saturday I’ll continue to wonder if he’s close to 100%. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Boobee out a few weeks with shoulder. Driscoll and Tega day to day. Agree on Horton. 

Thanks PTB, I like a healthy Horton but banged up Horton is a liability. I have to imagine his backup couldn’t be much worse. 

Boobee being out probably means no chance of a redshirt for Shiv, and even likely Asa.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Boobee being out probably means no chance of a redshirt for Shiv, and even likely Asa.

I’m really interested to see what Malik Miller can do running as #2 RB.  Have said that, we need to be running Worm and Asa also to get them game experience.  Make the MSU defense thing a little bit. 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Thanks PTB, I like a healthy Horton but banged up Horton is a liability. I have to imagine his backup couldn’t be much worse. 

Shivers has played in all five games

7 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Boobee out a few weeks with shoulder. Driscoll and Tega day to day. Agree on Horton. 

Dang. Gonna be interesting to see what we do at RB. One would think Asa would have to get a few carries, but Gus seems terrified of that. Even if Tega and Driscoll can play, I would think they'd be limited in their mobility. IMO Driscoll's injury looked worse than Tega. Maybe an MCL issue for Driscoll. Given how Ashley played late, I'd look at starting him if there is even the slightest concern with Driscoll. 

Hate that for Boobee....he was just coming into his own.....getting experience and good results too.  

Hoping we drop those off tackle power plays and do a bit more with pitch sweeps though I'm wondering if we have a "pulling guard" this year who can lead a play to the other side like BS did last year?  Missing that bulldozer effect he gave the offense. .   

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm wondering if we have a "pulling guard" this year who can lead a play to the other side like BS did last year?  Missing that bulldozer effect he gave the offense. .   

They currently can't block the guy directly across from them, what on earth makes you think they can pull out of the line, run down the play and then block someone else?

33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

though I'm wondering if we have a "pulling guard" this year who can lead a play to the other side like BS did last year?  Missing that bulldozer effect he gave the offense. .   

Hells bells '64, they still haven't mastered the very basic oline task of blocking the guy right across from them (elementary skills.)  If they can somehow achieve that duty, then they may be able to move on to the monumental task of pulling and blocking someone else.

Edit: just saw selias' post.

2 hours ago, keesler said:

Hells bells '64, they still haven't mastered the very basic oline task of blocking the guy right across from them (elementary skills.)  If they can somehow achieve that duty, then they may be able to move on to the monumental task of pulling and blocking someone else.

Edit: just saw selias' post.

:)  Not sure one has anything to do with other...just thinking that if we ganged up on one side of the DL ( 4 or 5 against 3) they might be able to move some guys out of the way.   :dunno:

boobee’s IG post made it kind of sound like he was playing, but I doubt it based on the reports from last week. However, I know nothing. 

On 10/1/2018 at 1:20 PM, AU64 said:

:)  Not sure one has anything to do with other...just thinking that if we ganged up on one side of the DL ( 4 or 5 against 3) they might be able to move some guys out of the way.   :dunno:

unfortunately when we try this they shoot the gap on the backside and blow up our slow developing plays

Just now, Tarpleton said:

Been posted by an insider on rivals that Boobie will play if he can tolerate the pain. Weird, it's almost like it's up to him and not the doctors. Crazy huh?

He's actually been cleared by the doctors. That's how shoulders injuries go...can you deal with the pain? 

Driscoll will play.

Tega, a game time decision.

Archived