Injuries

Auhud08

34 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So anyway. I heard Ashley and Brahms stepped in for Driscoll and Horton? So who’s projected to start vs. Corndogs at this time?

Could be wrong but I believe Troxall actually stepped in with Ashley (can't remember who was G/T) and Brahms stepped in for Kim.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

That would be me........................but I have never driven into a lake/pond

Lol you havent lived till your buddy driving the cart asks you the passenger to pick up his ball.......then all of a sudden buddy darts left throwing you from the cart.........learned the hard way at age 14 ?

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Could be wrong but I believe Troxall actually stepped in with Ashley (can't remember who was G/T) and Brahms stepped in for Kim.

IIRC Troxell actually played guard and Ashley played tackle against ASU, a role reversal from what we were hearing from fall camp. 

On 9/10/2018 at 9:17 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

You guys will never know the pain of plucking your eyebrows or skinning a layer of skin off your shin when you shave...not to mention child-birth, ya bunch of sissies!!!

Yeah....they are whining like a penned up hound dog aren't they? :laugh:

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:28 AM, kevon67 said:

Lol you havent lived till your buddy driving the cart asks you the passenger to pick up his ball.......then all of a sudden buddy darts left throwing you from the cart.........learned the hard way at age 14 ?

I bet you never rode with augolf1716 again did you.....:laugh:

On 9/11/2018 at 11:28 AM, kevon67 said:

I have fallen out of the cart while driving.  Went to pick up my ball with one hand on steering wheel, holding a beer in that hand and the rest explains itself.  Even ran over my own leg since my hand turned the steering wheel into me.  My last time golfing in the bud light open.

I have also thrown my sister out of the cart in your scenario a couple of years ago, lol.    I really shouldn't be driving golf courts it seems!!!

Hope Brown is okay! Seen with a boot on that CGM said was precautionary, but it seems to be what he always says. We are gonna need him big time in this game!

I cracked a rib in a Rugby match years ago. In those days they taped you up real tight so you could barely breathe. That is no longer done as it can cause you to get Pneumonia.  After the Doctor taped me up he told me not to play Rugby until rib healed as if I got hit on it again and it broke completely it could puncture a lung. In those days I did not have the same respect for my life that I now have. The next week in a Rugby match trying to avoid getting hit in the bad rib I separated ribs on the other side.  I have had should surgery ankle surgery multiple broken noses but nothing hurt as much as separated ribs. It only hurts when you breath which means it always hurts.

Back in my younger days (1990s), I was playing in a twilight tournament and was placed with another golfer who I did not care much for. He had a bad habit of drinking one too many beers before hitting the links. He owned his golf cart and was able to use it to play at the country club that belonged to at that time.

He was going too fast and hit a culvert and flipped the cart.  It managed to land where it caused extensive damage to my 3 week old set of Ping Eye II clubs. It bruised my left rib cage and sprained my left shoulder. I was beyond ticked off at the dude.  He wound up buying me a new set of Pings irons and 3, 5, 7 woods. He was banned from the club for 6 months. I laugh about it now, but was some kind of sore for almost 2 months!

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Back in my younger days (1990s), I was playing in a twilight tournament and was placed with another golfer who I did not care much for. He had a bad habit of drinking one too many beers before hitting the links. He owned his golf cart and was able to use it to play at the country club that belonged to at that time.

He was going too fast and hit a culvert and flipped the cart.  It managed to land where it caused extensive damage to my 3 week old set of Ping Eye II clubs. It bruised my left rib cage and sprained my left shoulder. I was beyond ticked off at the dude.  He wound up buying me a new set of Pings irons and 3, 5, 7 woods. He was banned from the club for 6 months. I laugh about it now, but was some kind of sore for almost 2 months!

He was a dumb ass I've had to play with some of those guys

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

The 18 hole par 3 course that I belong to allows me and a few other folks to drive our own carts on the course for a small fee of $75.00 yearly for this privilege. Our pro monitors drinking closely on the course and we have not had any issues since I joined back in 2013. I bought a 2014 Club Cart a few months ago that I drive from my house to the course of which is about 1/3 of a mile each way.  It is a sweet cart with new batteries and brakes. Looks brand new from front to rear.  It has the regent braking system of which comes in great on the steep hills I have to navigate going to the course.

It has 10 inch tires with flashy mags to boot. I had it clocked at 22 mph of which the speed controller is set to level 4.  I do not drive it fast but just wanted to see what the top end speed was. The controller has 400 amps of which helps with climbing steep hills.  I guess I need to get back on track before one of the mods slaps my keyboard hands!

Doc, you sure can spin a yarn, buddy. Ha. I love it.

The D Brown injury is concerning. @passthebiscuits has elaborated in the Meltdown thread in case you missed it.

I know DB is a game changer at that position, but I wonder, with our depth, if you sit him for a few series to see how things are playing out with his backup(s). I mean - if it looks like we can win the game without him, do you risk further injury to the ankle? Obviously, you're risking LSU having a better chance to create some positive plays and steal some momentum early on if he's not in there.

I guess the counter-point there is we have a few weeks for him to heal up after LSU, given he really shouldn't be needed for Arky and Southern Miss.

Just some musings. Carry on...

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm sure they say the same thing...

On 9/10/2018 at 7:37 AM, Mikey said:

Sorry to hear that D. Williams is "day to day". Saturday should be an "all hands on deck" kind of game. This guy would be missed in a big way.

I suspect that's mostly coachspeak, considering what passthebiscuits said. He might be day to day in practice, but come game time, I'm sure he'll be good to go.

I think we are trying to make LSU to think that some of our top players will be very limited or may not play. When the game starts, we will see those players fired up and good to go for the game. I  have a good feeling about this game and think we will go into the game with a point to prove and will take them to the woodshed early and often.

On 9/12/2018 at 3:23 PM, toddc said:

Hope Brown is okay! Seen with a boot on that CGM said was precautionary, but it seems to be what he always says. We are gonna need him big time in this game!

I read a couple of times during fall camp and since that DL has been den during the week in the boot and he has still played in the first two games. Probably just a support to rest it during the week. My guess anyway.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I read a couple of times during fall camp and since that DL has been den during the week in the boot and he has still played in the first two games. Probably just a support to rest it during the week. My guess anyway.

I think Derrick will be fine and will be clogging up the middle and wreaking first class havoc on Burrow all day long!

A buddy of mine was driving the cart down the first fairway, big down slope after a high tee box.  It was wet from having rained for a few days. For some reason, all of the sudden he decided to lock up the brakes. We white-knuckled and skidded down for about 100 yds before the cart spun sideways, went on 2 wheels for a sec, and then landed and proceeded to continue the skid backwards for another 50 yds or so. Somewhere during the turmoil, the driver bailed out on me leaving me the lone idiot passenger. I did have a good seat to watch him rolling down the fairway though.  Meh, we were young and foolish. I do miss those days.

Back on topic...

Any injuries from LSU? I know their players were dropping like flies (the realist in me didn’t believe half of them), but is everyone on our end ok? Anyone know when Gatewood will be able to play? 

Paging @passthebiscuits ?

@passthebiscuits any news on the OL? Hearing that Kim, Dirscoll, Horton, and Harrell are all dealing with injury issues. Kim and Harrell sound the most pressing. I'm guessing if Driscoll and Horton could play against LSU and aren't worse off now, they will play against Arkansas, especially if we're having to replace a LG and  a C this week.

We could be looking at a starting OL that looks like this: Tega/Troxall/Brahms/Ashley/Driscoll

Driscoll and Horton are good to go. Brahms will play Center this week. (Surprised not to see him start last week.) Harrell a little banged up with knee strain/contusion, but I expect him to go. Tega is fine as far as I'm aware.

Gatewood should still be out 2-3 more weeks.

Archived