Stadium noise

3rdgeneration

SIAP in the game thread, but did anyone besides me think that the  Jumbotron noise was just a tad too loud? Seems a little louder than last year. Yes, I am older than a good majority of you, so there's that. But I thought that playing songs between EVERY SINGLE PLAY was a little too much, too. The song noise came very close to the ball snap. I also think they need to stop the songs a little sooner on kickoffs so that we can hear the "WAAAAAAAAR EEEAAAAAAGLE, HEY!". What do y'all think? Old fogey, or what?

I agree with you 3rdGen. Not that I've been since they installed the jumbotron but just "in general".  An Auburn football game (really any college) has always been able to generate it's own atmosphere and noise between the passion of the fans and the bands.  All this artificial noise & music actually takes away from the experience.  But like in other aspects of life, anything traditional is basically considered a bad thing by the younger generations.  I suspect that one day bands will be a thing of the past too and it'll just be like the NFL.

I actually thought it was fine.  It may be where you are sitting if you are closer to the speakers.  Their 3rd down pump up shorts are really good and gets me hyped.

I think they need to play a variety of music types that have a good beat. I know the music is mostly for the student section, but it would be great if it had some diversity. We left early last night, due to the long ride home and the blow-out, and as we were right outside, they played The Lion King, "The Circle of Life" and I thought that was cool. I also wonder if moving 11 rows down in the stadium in the upper deck made it a little louder, too. It didn't keep me from enjoying the game, but earplugs are on the list for next week! ?

I will say I noticed the music played too close to the snap and I also said something to my wife about it before kickoffs. Volume was loud but I thought it was cool myself. Loved, loved, loved the Takeo intro hype video. I actually had chills. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Takeo intro was AMAZING! I hope they play that all year. It gave me chills!

Anyone have a link to it for those of us that can't attend?

I didn’t think it was too loud, I thought it was too often. I felt bad for the band. 

Hopefylly they put the Takeo video on YouTube. I was ready to run through a wall after that except the ASU band (who was very entertaining) was playing over the last half of it. 

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

SIAP in the game thread, but did anyone besides me think that the  Jumbotron noise was just a tad too loud? Seems a little louder than last year. Yes, I am older than a good majority of you, so there's that. But I thought that playing songs between EVERY SINGLE PLAY was a little too much, too. The song noise came very close to the ball snap. I also think they need to stop the songs a little sooner on kickoffs so that we can hear the "WAAAAAAAAR EEEAAAAAAGLE, HEY!". What do y'all think? Old fogey, or what?

Yep......was waaay to noticeable even on TV and must have been deafening in the stadium.   Frankly I hate artificial attempts to generate "atmosphere" or excitement ….which is one reason I gave up on the NBA.

3 hours ago, auburntiger1987 said:

took my wife and child. I'm 31 and she's 29, it was too loud and i'm not really digging the dubstep type stuff they were doing either

But that’s what the players like. What suites the college crowd so that’s why they play the songs they do. You see our players dancing to the music lol 

Yeah, it really wasn’t a volume issue for me, I get it’s supposed to be loud and it’s for students/players really. It played too close to the snap for my liking and too close to kickoffs as well. Other than that, it rocked for sure. 

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

I would venture to say that most of us in this forum are not in the target audience.

I suspect there's a line of delineation in terms of age when it comes to "like" vs "dislike".  But ain't that life? LOL!

It sounds like the main issue is not what they play necessarily vs how much and when they do it.

Plus...give the band some love!

Well I would say that the students loved it. Me on the other hand thought it was a lot louder than normal and made it to where we had to scream just to talk to people around us. We had fun though. We sat in the players parents area. It was fun getting to see them and see that they got to enjoy so many getting to play and do well. I think Joiners Mom high fived half the section when he scored.

Archived