Stadium noise

3rdgeneration

Some things were way too loud.  A few times it sounded like it was turned up too loud for the speakers themselves. 

Agree on the kickoffs. It was interrupting the War Eagle.

I would say too loud based on the fact that sitting halfway across the stadium from the speakers I frequently saw fans - old, young & everything in between - frequently plugging their ears.   

17 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

How are you feeling?

Thanks for asking Aidi!

I'm doing okay.  As we keep saying So far, So good...

Sitting in the chair for my 2nd round of chemo as we speak.  I feel like it's working and I'm healing every day.  God is working through these Drs, nurses & meds and also I'm blessed with a strong constitution and the side effects haven't been TOO bad ?

How 'bout you?  You're due soon IIRC!!!

55 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Thanks for asking Aidi!

Sitting in the chair for my 2nd round of chemo as we speak.  I feel like it's working and I'm healing every day.  God is working through these Drs, nurses & meds and also I'm blessed with a strong constitution and the side effects haven't been TOO bad ?

So glad to hear that!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers. My coworker who is around my age (early 30s) just finished her chemo and radiation for breast cancer a few months ago. I was continuously amazed that she was able to come to work or work from home - the side effects weren't too bad for her either. Praying it's the same for you!

Yes, due next month (TAMU weekend). Thanks for asking! Went to the game on Saturday and even though our seats were shaded and it was a night game, it was SO hot. It's making us rethink going this Saturday or at least me going. ☹️ My hormonal self will probably shed a tear or two if I miss the game. 

And just so I don't derail the thread...I don't recall the music being louder than normal, but I was really flipping hot and may not have noticed. I'm in the camp where I want our music to get the team jacked up even if I don't know all the songs anymore. 

17 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I will say I noticed the music played too close to the snap and I also said something to my wife about it before kickoffs. Volume was loud but I thought it was cool myself. Loved, loved, loved the Takeo intro hype video. I actually had chills. 

I was sitting in section 38 (visitors section) and I loved the Takeo hype video. My only problem was the ASU band was playing very loud during the video. They made a point to play at the worst time for us AU fans. Very disrespectful in my eyes. 

I didn’t mind how loud the Jumbotron was, but they did cut it close on some of the plays. 

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Thanks for asking Aidi!

Glad to hear you are doing well. My wife is an Oncology nurse in Mobile and I hate seeing her look at the obituaries almost daily to see if her patients have passed. On the other hand I Love Love Love hearing her tell me how a patient got to #ringthebell. I know it is the slogan for our team this year, and I love it, but it has a very different and life changing meaning for cancer survivors. Praying that both of you (and anyone else reading this post who has cancer) get to #ringthebelltosurvivecancer. War Eagle and God Speed. 

14 minutes ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Glad to hear you are doing well. My wife is an Oncology nurse in Mobile and I hate seeing her look at the obituaries almost daily to see if her patients have passed. On the other hand I Love Love Love hearing her tell me how a patient got to #ringthebell. I know it is the slogan for our team this year, and I love it, but it has a very different and life changing meaning for cancer survivors. Praying that both of you (and anyone else reading this post who has cancer) get to #ringthebelltosurvivecancer. War Eagle and God Speed. 

Thank you, I appreciate it so much.

Matter of fact, the machine is beeping on my ear (times up) and I'm seeing the bell right across the way.  It'll be a great day when I get to ring it!

War Eagle and God bless!

Archived