2018 Auburn vs. LSU Score Prediction

Zeek

Congrats to @auburntiger1987 for winning last week! Let’s get this started for the corn dogs!

7AB7A161-F2DC-49F4-B911-2E6F13115E43.jpeg

I firmly believe that we match up better against LSU then we did against Washington. LSU’s transfer quarterback missed more than half of us passes against Miami. If it weren’t for the excellent work of their senior running back they likely would’ve struggled in that game.

Our defense is much more built to stop a stud runner than a stud quarterback. Burrow, LSU’s new quarterback, was a terrible 11 completions on 24 attempts and averaged 5.8 yards per pass with no TDs; in comparison Stidham, against a better defense, made 26 completions on 36 attempts with an average of 7.6 yards and a TD.

Both teams will aim to make each other one dimensional with stout run defenses. If this becomes the case, then my money is on Stidham to come out on top not Burrow.

Boobee punches in a gritty score early, offense stalls until we switch to a borderline air raid, their pass defense struggles against our slew of receivers, and we finally see Ryan Davis have a day like we know he can. NCM and Ryan Davis combine for 3 touchdowns. Lil Carlson gets a field goal when we stall in the red zone. Defense gives up a score in the 2nd while the offense was stalling.

Auburn 31 - LSU 17

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31-14....the crowd will be rocking. I am feeling a couple early turnovers from LSU. I got caught up in the hype of their offense early on , but upon review, it actually wasn’t all that great against Miami. Pressure, pressure, pressure that QB.

I'm usually overly cautious in pretty much any SEC game but I can't help but feel that AU's Wash game fourth quarter gut-check coupled with the glorified scrimmage to clean things up and this sets up perfectly for our beloved Tigers.

Oh what the heck... 

O&B Tigers - 35

Paper Tigers - 10

And the game won't be THAT close.

War Eagle!

Said it in another thread.  LSU's offense is ranked 104th in the country.  Their o-line has really struggled.  I don't see that correcting itself on the road against one of the best defenses in the country.  Oh yeah, Gus has also only lost once at home when ranked.  Have your cigar of choice ready.

AU - 27

LSU - 9

Realistic Prediction:

Let's give the football to the other team: 24

Tell 'em bout it Joe-Joe: 14

Even though we are solid against the run, I think because of LSU's talent, they'll find ways to score at least one on the ground.  All it takes is one missed assignment for them to take advantage with their speed.  

I think we will leave a lot to be desired with our running game this go around, but we will just do enough to have the most points on the board.  We seem to be strongest when running behind the right guard and right tackle, and I believe LSU will take that away from us.  

Dreamer's Prediction:

Auburn: 55

LSU: 0

Even though I think we are much better than LSU, I think it will be close. LSU will use slants, screens, and they will hand it off to their RB (probably a ton) to keep the pressure off of Burrow. We should be able to stop the run. LSU has a great defense and we are going to have a tough time running on them. I think we beat them with the passing game.

We need to score TDs in the red zone.

23-17 Auburn wins

i'll go 26 -13 AU. I'm really hoping we can create a couple touchdowns somewhere somehow. But i don't expect to generate those in the redzone. I expect run game will continue to struggle and therefore so will redzone offense. Afraid we'll need a big play to get us in the endzone but hopefully we find a couple of those. 

Our D will give them all kinds of problems. Just don't give the game away on special teams on with turnovers and we'll shut them down. 

My guess is 

AU 20

LSU 12

LSU defense is still tough and their QB play is better this year. That said, we still win.

Auburn 41

corndogs 14

Archived