My Thoughts From the Stadium (Alabama State)

abw0004

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I had the perfect angle on Anthony Schwartz's touchdown and initially Stidham overthrew him, but Anthony turned the NOS on and hit a new gear to catch that thing. 

Interesting...I thought from watching it on tv that Schwartz had to slow down to catch it. Glad to hear it was the opposite. Thanks for your perspective!!

40 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, they clearly don't allow cooling/heating equipment for visitors:

http://www.lsusports.net/fls/5200/assets/docs/fb/pdf/18visitingguide.pdf   (page 7)

This is just not right.  Not only is it poor sportsmanship, it's medically dangerous.

For anyone too lazy to click the link:

EQUIPMENT

The sideline area will be equipped with sufficient bench seating, an electric outlet and a water outlet. Field Armor will be laid out on the sidelines at four hours prior to kickoff. All sideline equipment needs to be positioned within the team restricted area – the media walkway behind the team benches must be clear at all times. All cords, cables and hoses must be tucked away in the cable trays – LSU does not provide extension cords. LSU supplies the same amount of power to the visiting team sideline as it does to the LSU sideline.

Heating/cooling benches and similar apparatuses are not allowed in Tiger Stadium. LSU Game/Event Management will deny access to anyone attempting to bring such devices into the stadium or onto the sideline. Visiting teams must submit a request for approval to bring any special forms of equipment - fans, blowers, misters, etc. Any extensive power needs must be identified in advance.

Interesting that they say they supply the same amount of power to both sidelines but won't allow fans/blowers/misters, etc. for the opposing team. I'm sure they are using them on their side, right?

3 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Just a guess, but it may have to do with the electrical loading/power consumption requirements for these types of equipment.  Of course, if the team was supplying their own power via generators or batteries, it would eliminate that concern. 

What I want to know next, is if they use them. 

If so, I totally agree with Mike4AU's recommendation.  Tell them we're bringing our gear and associated power generators as required, and we will repair any damage lasting caused by their use. 

If they refuse, put it in the news and file a lawsuit on behalf of our players health.  Don't think they are going to win that PR fight.

Best I recall, LSU does use cooling fans.  Moreover, keep in mind that during the day games LSU is in the shade and the visiting team is in direct sunlight.  

Even if LSU does not use cooling fans, that should not make any difference what AU or any other school does re cooling devices. Quite frankly, the Neanderthal manner in which schools treat visiting teams, especially in the horrible heat, can be borderline criminal.  There have  been recent incidents of heat strokes at several schools which should lead to a common sense approach to player safety, especially in the heat. 

5 hours ago, stoic-one said:

I'm unclear as to the logic behind their prohibition on this, it is most definitely a player safety issue.

Anyone know WHY they don't allow them?

The most we will ever know, will be from official statement they might make, but only if political pressure demands it. 

It will be interesting to hear.

Archived