I know it's only been two games but...

WarDamnEagleWDE

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Within reason can mean many different things to many different people. I couldn't have known what you meant on that without further elaboration.

I wasn't talking about the talent of any given player FWIW. I was talking about the collective group of talent. My apologies for not making that clear. I still the collective talent (which is how you addressed things in your last sentence) & cohesion are equally important.alent

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, ellitor said:

Braden & Golson were much more talented than anything we have on the OL this year plus Dunn was an experienced C who did well once he got going. Take or leave what I'm posting but the info is not mine. It comes from people who know much more about this team than most of us.

My friend, I think you are having a problem following your own posts, lol.  You were clearly talking about the talent of given players in your post to AuburnTiger4Life. That is the post that prompted my original "within reason" response to you. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

My friend, I think you are having a problem following your own posts, lol.  You were clearly talking about the talent of given players in your post to AuburnTiger4Life. That is the post that prompted my original "within reason" response to you. 

I am not having a problem following my own posts. Even though I mentioned a few by name, in no way was I saying the talent of 1 or 2 guys as being more important than collective talent. I may be dumb sometimes but there's no way in hell I'm that dumb. As I said in my last post I didn't make my point clear before which I already applogized for so please let's move on already since at the core of what we are saying is mostly agreement.

Side note: Glad McLoofus knew what I meant even though I didn't state it well.

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I read it same as you and agree with you.

Oh no, not you too, haha. That context (see response to E above) was that E was talking about individual players and that prompted my original post. Have you been getting into the cooking wine with E again ? ;D 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Amalgamous? Did you just say that? This is a football discussion man! You can’t use big words like that. 

amalgamous, analogous, schmamalagous, it's all good

2 hours ago, DAG said:

There are hardly, if any spread football teams up here and most of the squads run a pseudo-offense comparable to Wisconsin. A lot of it has to do with the type of athletes up here as well.

Not to mention, no one likes throwing and catching a football in sub-freezing weather.  Then throw in some snow and ice and wind chill - yeah they're gonna run it a good bit more often.

15 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Oh no, not you too, haha. That context (see response to E above) was that E was talking about individual players and that prompted my original post. Have you been getting into the cooking wine with E again ? ;D 

Dude, I think you just invented the worst best cooking show ever. Loof and E, getting tipsy on cooking wine, arguing about football and cooking the most pathetic omelette ever. 

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I am not having a problem following my own posts. Even though I mentioned a few by name, in no way was I saying the talent of 1 or 2 guys as being more important than collective talent. I may be dumb sometimes but there's no way in hell I'm that dumb. As I said in my last post I didn't make my point clear before which I already applogized for so please let's move on already since at the core of what we are saying is mostly agreement.

Side note: Glad McLoofus knew what I meant even though I didn't state it well.

Yah you are, it happens a lot actually, but it's not worth continuing the discussion.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dude, I think you just invented the worst best cooking show ever. Loof and E, getting tipsy on cooking wine, arguing about football and cooking the most pathetic omelette ever. 

Count me as an investor.  Just give me executive producer credit and allow me on set to sample along with y'all.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Y'all will be STARS. I get a commission though, haha.

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Count me as an investor.  Just give me executive producer credit and allow me on set to sample along with y'all.

Done. 

1 minute ago, IronMan70 said:

Y'all will be STARS. I get a commission though, haha.

Absolutely. Half of all earnings. 

I only pray that you don't owe anyone money when it's all over...

What P5 college teams in our region, SEC/ACC are consistently fielding really good olines, winning with them and then putting those players in the pro's?  Whatever they're doing to evaluate and sign top level HS talent, develop those players over a 12-24 month period and how they customize an offensive scheme to suit those olines would be interesting to look at IMO.  

For years I've felt like LSU's olines have been soft and I never understood how Les Miles was an "oline guy" at his core and his olines weren't reliable in execution and just flat out got whipped in the trenches many times.  He pulled 4-5* olinemen and it just appeared he couldn't get them strong enough to manhandle some really good defensive teams which caused serious problems when he wanted to shake up his offensive scheme over the years.  Oline severely limited his ability to evolve his offense and eventually cost him his job.

29 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Who knows? 

Well to show you how little concern Southern Miss is to me, I'm going to Notre Dame that day for the ND/Stanford game.  I have zero rooting interest in either team.  Liberty weekend will probably have me at another random game somewhere because they're Liberty.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well to show you how little concern Southern Miss is to me, I'm going to Notre Dame that day for the ND/Stanford game.  I have zero rooting interest in either team.  Liberty weekend will probably have me at another random game somewhere because they're Liberty.

Good choice.  USM has no Brett Farv..rah so I don't see much challenge either.  If it WERE a challenge?  I wouldn't want to be there for it....knowwaddimean?

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Good choice.  USM has no Brett Farv..rah so I don't see much challenge either.  If it WERE a challenge?  I wouldn't want to be there for it....knowwaddimean?

Southern Miss just lost to ULM. If either them or Arkansas provides a legitimate challenge, it's MAJOR cause for concern.

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Done. 

LOL, yikes. Well try not to drink TOO much cooking wine so we can stay in the green.

4 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:
24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Done. 

LOL, yikes. Well try not to drink TOO much cooking wine so we can stay in the green.

Hopefully there will also be a lot of vodka chicken and bourbon steak recipes discussed as well as beer battered fish and cheese sticks....

Okay, I'm heading to the Sarasota Brewing Company later.  Maybe I can't imbibe in the nectar but their beer battered cheese logs (yes, logs) are calling my name!

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Hopefully there will also be a lot of vodka chicken and bourbon steak recipes discussed as well as beer battered fish and cheese sticks....

Okay, I'm heading to the Sarasota Brewing Company later.  Maybe I can't imbibe in the nectar but their beer battered cheese logs (yes, logs) are calling my name!

My taste buds and my arteries are in a fist fight right now. Spoiler alert, arteries always lose. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

My taste buds and my arteries are in a fist fight right now. Spoiler alert, arteries always lose. 

Alas....me too.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I read it same as you and agree with you.

Golf is slipping, where is he with a suck up or brown noser comment.

1 minute ago, kd4au said:

Golf is slipping, where is he with a suck up or brown noser comment.

Pretty sure that he's normally napping at this time. And by "at this time" I mean anywhere from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM on most days. 

The perfect AUFamily thread.  A little controversial, a little factual, and a lot of derailments.  Is it Saturday yet?

39 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The perfect AUFamily thread.  A little controversial, a little factual, and a lot of derailments.  Is it Saturday yet?

It's a thing of beauty!

Archived