I know it's only been two games but...

WarDamnEagleWDE

8 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Would not be surprised if transfer talks in the Willis camp start to pop up. Body language was everything. Especially after the safety.

Wonder if he could play safety.  Could use some one with his size and speed as a last line of defense if he is physical enough.  Hopefully he can put it together as a QB though.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, akcwde said:

Wonder if he could play safety.  Could use some one with his size and speed as a last line of defense if he is physical enough.  Hopefully he can put it together as a QB though.

Was recruited as a DB at Virginia Tech. I can understand his frustration but he has got to make the best of every situation 

35 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Would not be surprised if transfer talks in the Willis camp start to pop up. Body language was everything. Especially after the safety.

Joey more likely IMO.

35 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Is Gatewood another bust?

No freshman can be labeled that but some things definitely need to change for him.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

How? He has just got here and hasn’t even begun to play due to injury.

More than an injury issue. His attitude hasn't been good. If he's not open to being a TE I don't see him lasting more than a season at AU.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

More than an injury issue. His attitude hasn't been good. If he's not open to being a TE I don't see him lasting more than a season at AU.

STOP!!!!! Attitude as in "I'm only going to play QB"?

He was my fav recruit for that class. You are breaking my heart. Who else was in the fan club with me? Was it @aujeff11?

This may be a topic for its own thread but how does Gus miss on soo many Qb recruits?  If you take away Stidham and Marshall you’d have to say Sean White is the best Qb Gus has recruited from high school.  Even though Cord is technically a freshman I’d put him in the same boat as Stidham and Marshall due to his age and being committed to a completely different team out of high school.  Nix May be great next year but it looks like the coaches don’t know how to scout QBs.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Isn't this the kid that came in with the glowing articles about all the work he puts in and all that?

2 minutes ago, selias said:

Isn't this the kid that came in with the glowing articles about all the work he puts in and all that?

Yes, I think I recall an article from his coach praising his work ethic....

Been two games. Entire left side of the line has been fine including Kaleb Kim. Driscoll hasn't been great at RT but he's been good enough. RG is really the only position concerning me. Plug in some bodies, see who can do it, find one that works. I'm not worried yet.

18 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

STOP!!!!! Attitude as in "I'm only going to play QB"?

He was my fav recruit for that class. You are breaking my heart. Who else was in the fan club with me? Was it @aujeff11?

Ahem. President of tbe fanclub. Gatewood is going to be fine if he’s tough enough. He’s probably going to redshirt (and redshirt year tends to help weed out players with issues by itself.) If Cam is his idol, he should know by now the true freshman year is not going to be a walk in the park, even for tbe best of them.

Honestly, I'm now counting out Bo Nix if that's true, just because it will mean that we still haven't had a successful non-transfer QB since BRANDON FREAKING COX.

It's honestly funny that we're melting at 2-0 and ranked #7, having beaten a top 10 OOC team.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Honestly, I'm now counting out Bo Nix if that's true, just because it will mean that we still haven't had a successful non-transfer QB since BRANDON FREAKING COX.

It's honestly funny that we're melting at 2-0 and ranked #7, having beaten a top 10 OOC team.

I don’t scroll back. What exactly are we melting about? 

27 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

This may be a topic for its own thread but how does Gus miss on soo many Qb recruits?  If you take away Stidham and Marshall you’d have to say Sean White is the best Qb Gus has recruited from high school.  Even though Cord is technically a freshman I’d put him in the same boat as Stidham and Marshall due to his age and being committed to a completely different team out of high school.  Nix May be great next year but it looks like the coaches don’t know how to scout QBs.

This has been hashed to death in other threads, but my take...  Our coaching staff does not "miss" on any more than any other coaching staffs.  Look at any of the other top programs.  UAt for example.  How many 5* QBs have transfered out because of lack of playing time?  QB is a position of type A personalities.  You have to believe you are the best and when you lose your position then many don't take it well and look for other opportunities.  AU is just fine with JS and we have studs in the stable.  Yes, Willis may not be the polished passer that we had hoped.  JG may have issues.  Heck Bo may have issues.  But I think we are going to be just fine with what we have and what we have in the pipeline.

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Not a single person has melt. You want to see true melting? Go to the rant and look at LSU. Better yet, go to hogville. It’s almost getting to the point where you can’t even have simple discussions on this forum.

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Who's melting down?

Willis is another great athlete who we have put at QB. Nothing more. Gatewood,as of now, is just a good, large athlete we have put at QB. The coaches may see something in JG that says " damn good passer with some coaching up", but overall, that hasn't been the MO. 

Can we please stop recruiting QBs based off athleticism and get guys who are 1st and foremost passers?

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The OL is going to keep this AU team from being a title contending one. Just not very good. Time isn't going to help. IMO. Going to be a achilles heel for the foreseeable future. 

Look at where we were two games into last season, our o-line is much better at this point than they were then. 

45 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Can this all be moved to the meltdown thread? ?

Seriously lol. We just rushed for 429 yards and didn’t give up one sack. And 147 the week before that against one of the top defenses in the country. People love to find dark clouds no matter what we do 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

More convinced than ever. 

It was fun watching him get ready to go in. He was pacing up and down the sidelines. He kept walking and standing beside JS then he would pace off again. You could tell he was nervous.

Archived