SEC West rankings

AuburnTiger4Life

Just for fun. Keep in mind AU and A&M are the only two to of played anyone good this far. Feel free to make your own rankings. 

Alabama (although still skeptical about the secondary, and what Tua can do against a good defense) 

Auburn (elite d-line, faster offense than last year, let the O-line continue to improve and the division is ours to take) 

Texas A&M (better on both sides. I think they’re back) 

Miss State (defense looked okay against KSU, but the offense really struggled. I don’t see them being much better against SEC defenses)

LSU (you’d think they’re back by looking at their scores, but the stats tell a different story)

Ole Miss (worst defense I’ve ever seen. It’s a shame because they’d be a real contender if they had a good defense) 

Arkansas (blew a 27-9 lead to a bad Colorado State team, terrible recruiting classes the past few years, they’re definitely the least talented team in the West) 

I would go this way

1a- bama.... The defense is suspect at this time especially secondary but the offense is lighting it up ... But given competition they should. I'm interested to see tua against a good def. Didn't he have a couple picks in tthe NC against Georgia? From what I've seen he is going to turn the ball over some... He had thrown up some prayers but receivers made him look like a God...jury still out

1b- Auburn, with as little bias as I can be I think our defense is going to be top five in the country. We all know how good our front 7 is but I'm really impressed with the secondary and how they are coming along. I think our running game is going to take shape as always, and with Studham at the helm, this offensy is going to be legal.

2 Ole miss.....I know I'm going to catch some grief lol but this far..I have them at 3 behind AU/Bama. The reason is simply their offense. It is legal and I don't know if Auburn it bama can hold them under 30.... Yes their defense is horrible but it can only get better. I think their offense is good enough to carry them through a lot games. Remember in 2010 and 2013... We didn't have a great defense... Mediocre at best... We had some great players but unit as a whole want great but we were great offensive and just good enough defensively.

3 MSST .....I know they haven't been that great yet but I feel like if Niki fitz gets his passing game fine tuned a little more they will be a tough out for anybody. I think they will upset some people. Defense is pretty solid especially the dline.

4 TAMU ....I know they showed up against Clemson but I still am not sold. I think they take a step forward from last year... But still a ways to go. This is still way too early lol. 

5 lsu .... Defensively fill if stars and solid but still not sold on Joe burrow and company in offense... Mainly I think ensminger is their biggest offensive problem

6 Ark.....I think they stay in a few games and show improvement but it will take Morris a couple years to get the right players for his system

It's going to be fun watching this season.... I'm sure I'll be reaping this post by then lol. Fun anyways

Alabama - though they don't play a ranked opponent until week 9

Auburn

LSU - solid defense with a sub-par offense, what's new?

Texas A&M - impressive against Clemson but just not there yet.

Mississippi State - one dimensional but dangerous.

Ole Miss - garbage defense will keep them from winning any big games.

Arkansas - absolutely atrocious. 

I think most of us can agree on 1 (bama), 6 (Ole Miss), and 7 (Arky).  

2-5 are really interchangeable at this point.  AU, LSU, and MS St all appear to have solid defenses, and A&M appears to have a good bit of fight in them.  

Ole Miss will outscore a few teams this year, but we have 5 legitimately strong teams in the West this year!   

And bless Arky’s heart.  Chad has his work cut out for him.

Oh, and there’s only one legit team in the East.....ONE!

1. Auburn
2. Bama (Tua is dangerous)
3. TA&M (Clemson is not a top 10 team right now. Period.)
4. MS State (I have respect for Snyder's K-State defenses so they get a bump up.)
5. LSU (Miami is basically the Floridian LSU but without a good defense this year.)
6. Ole Miss (seriously bad defense)
7. Arky (...........)

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Objectively speaking, Auburn should be ranked over bama.

True based upon competition. 

Based on the ole' eyeball test at this moment in time, I'd go with:

1. Alabama
  2. Auburn
  3. Texas A&M
  4. Mississippi State
  5. LSU
  6. Ole Miss
  7. Arkansas 

Who knows at this point.  Al looks normal. Ms st looks very good. Tam is improved. OM can score in anyone and will give teams fits. Auburn has potential to be good or great. LSU is a little better than I thought but this weekend will be the test. 

Only thing I think we can definitely say is that Arkansas is terrible.

Arkansas is pitiful (I expected more from Morris), OM's defense is piss poor again and it's so bad that their offense won't get on the field enough to out score many teams, LSU's defense is legit , their offense? Steve Ensminger LOL!, MSU's is good, Auburn's solid overall, Bama looks about the same.

Archived