Trump Getting Involved Early in Hurricane Florence

Proud Tiger

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I mean, good...I'm glad he's talking to the governor and such.  But this is standard operation procedure for presidents and governors, is it not?

26 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I mean, good...I'm glad he's talking to the governor and such.  But this is standard operation procedure for presidents and governors, is it not?

I mean, the bar is pretty low. Acting like a somewhat normal president is actually way out of character for him. 

50 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I'm always curious about posters using this sort of language when sharing articles.  It's fairly common on political and sports forums.  You do know that the president doesn't visit this site, right?

14 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Pretty much this.  Next thing you know, folks will be giving him kudos for wiping his own arse.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Pretty much this.  Next thing you know, folks will be giving him kudos for wiping his own arse.

The Fox News article didn't even take the tone PT bestowed upon it.  Somebody's got a crush.  :hearts:

One difference already is this administration's FEMA appears much more prepared than W with Katrina or Obama with Sandy Hook for examples. The massive evacuations have gone well so far. Hopefully the post storm efforts will be better also. What matters now, as opposed to childish/immature comments is concern for the people about to be affected. I have lots of family in harms way and my prayers are with them and everyone else about to get slammed.

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

One difference already is this administration's FEMA appears much more prepared than W with Katrina or Obama with Sandy Hook for examples. The massive evacuations have gone well so far. Hopefully the post storm efforts will be better also. What matters now, as opposed to childish/immature comments is concern for the people about to be affected. I have lots of family in harms way and my prayers are with them and everyone else about to get slammed.

Dude, if concern for the people involved was your main motive for posting this thread, you wouldn't have puffed it up to be a "three cheers for Trump" deal with how you started it.  To come in after the fact and try to throw shade - ain't nobody buying it.  Everyone is concerned for those in its path and the entire situation has been in my prayers personally for days now.  So can the fake shaming.

20 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

So he wants credit for something he's supposed to do ... sounds about right.  Particularly after the Puerto Rico disaster.

56 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Sandy Hook?  Really?  Did you just try to make an analogy between a natural disaster and school shooting?

20 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

So he wants credit for something he's supposed to do ... sounds about right.  Particularly after the Puerto Rico disaster.

Well I don’t know if Trump is the one who really wants it, but PT seems intent on showering him with adoration over it. 

19 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Sandy Hook?  Really?  Did you just try to make an analogy between a natural disaster and school shooting?

My bad. I was thinking about the hurricane Irene I think. Hit NJ in 2011.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Dude, if concern for the people involved was your main motive for posting this thread, you wouldn't have puffed it up to be a "three cheers for Trump" deal with how you started it.  To come in after the fact and try to throw shade - ain't nobody buying it.  Everyone is concerned for those in its path and the entire situation has been in my prayers personally for days now.  So can the fake shaming.

OK sonny have it your sicko way. I remember praying for your  sick child (daughter) many years ago but in my family's case all you can do is sling your typical insults.

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

OK sonny have it your sicko way. I remember praying for your  sick child (daughter) many years ago but in my family's case all you can do is sling your typical insults.

"Dude" isn't an insult.  Never has been anywhere except between your ears. And the ridiculous discussion of how you think it is will not be rehashed.  Get over it.

22 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

The FEMA response to Irene was very good, earning praise from governors on either side of the aisle.

21 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

latest?cb=20160305105340

31 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Ok.  Finished a bit more of the thread.  Glad to see I can simply go back to disagreeing with you instead of pitying. 

40 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

"Dude" isn't an insult.  Never has been anywhere except between your ears. And the ridiculous discussion of how you think it is will not be rehashed.  Get over it.

It is just as much as an insult to ME coming from YOU as me ( and another poster) calling you boy which you deleted. And you know that too.

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

It is just as much as an insult to ME coming from YOU as me ( and another poster) calling you boy which you deleted. And you know that too.

I wasn't insulted.  I'm just not having the discussion.  Because it's stupid.

13 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

lulz

23 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Good job Mr. President and SC Governor.

I agree PT. Very good job. People in the past had the common sense to minimize these natural disasters. Not true today. Need a powerful governing figure to guide us. Good job President Trump.

You know this coming destruction is man made?

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I agree PT. Very good job. People in the past had the common sense to minimize these natural disasters. Not true today. Need a powerful governing figure to guide us. Good job President Trump.

• Well Roger does

Tennis legend Roger Federer just lost the U.S. Open to an underdog from Australia thanks to – egads! –global warming.

At least, that’s according to The New York Times.

“Roger Federer, one of the world’s greatest tennis players, may have become an unwitting spokesman for the effects of climate change on Monday at the U.S. Open,” the Times claimed in an article published Tuesday.

“Federer, who is ranked No. 2, seemed to struggle all night in the heat and humidity at Arthur Ashe Stadiumlosing in a fourth-round upset to John Millman, an Australian ranked 55th,” the paper bemoaned.

And this upset, they claim, can only be due to “increasing nighttime temperatures,” explaining:

8 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thank you. 

6 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I have been through a number of hurricanes and Katrina was the first one where people began to expect Federal government to handle the bulk of pre and post game efforts.  Louisiana governor blew it with Katrina and Bush got the blame. No President is gonna wait to see if governors have their act together.

Archived