Trump Getting Involved Early in Hurricane Florence

Proud Tiger

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I agree PT. Very good job. People in the past had the common sense to minimize these natural disasters. Not true today. Need a powerful governing figure to guide us. Good job President Trump.

You know this coming destruction is man made?

If only we'd seen this powerful governing figure when Puerto Rico was hit.  Maybe he's learning.  

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

If only we'd seen this powerful governing figure when Puerto Rico was hit.  Maybe he's learning.  

True...he put too much faith in the competence of the local government....BIG mistake.  

7 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I may be the only one here who understands this reference.

I'm sure there are many children of the 90s here lol.

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True...he put too much faith in the competence of the local government....BIG mistake.  

Are-You-Fucking-Kidding-Me-Rage-Face-Mem

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I loved that show as well as Salute Your Shorts.  

Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts...

33 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Are-You-Fucking-Kidding-Me-Rage-Face-Mem

YES.….check it out.... same mistake Bush made with officials in New Orleans and state of Louisiana.....

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

No, just stupid. Just like anyone who would blame Puerto Rico for what happened. 

43 minutes ago, AU64 said:

YES.….check it out.... same mistake Bush made with officials in New Orleans and state of Louisiana.....

Yeah, Good job Brownie!

https://www.cato.org/blog/hurricane-katrina-remembering-federal-failures

Hurricane Katrina: Remembering the Federal Failures

15 hours ago, RunInRed said:

So he wants credit for something he's supposed to do ... sounds about right.  Particularly after the Puerto Rico disaster.

Puerto Rico and New Orleans were run by inept Democrat administrations. They were a big reason the natural disaster was much worse in the recovery.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Well y'all did crucify him for having two scoops of ice cream...

Crucify?  No.  Make fun of the insecurity of needing more ice cream than others?  Yes.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Exactly. The elected officials in Puerto Rico were incompetent and blamed their own failures on Trump. Supplies were sent in by our gov't and Samaritan's Purse that weren't distributed to the people. I donated money for the relief fund.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

No, just stupid. Just like anyone who would blame Puerto Rico for what happened. 

Blame the government officials in PR for being incompetent and not properly doing their jobs.   Sounded like New Orleans leaving all their evacuation busses to flood when the water came up.    Not like PR had never experienced a hurricane before.....

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I agree PT. Very good job. People in the past had the common sense to minimize these natural disasters. Not true today. Need a powerful governing figure to guide us. Good job President Trump.

Thanks. Glad you didn't get jumped like I did for saying a simple thank you without bashing any other president.

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Thanks. Glad you didn't get jumped like I did for saying a simple thank you without bashing any other president.

Because you shouldn't have to thank a person for doing basic functions of their job!  It's like me going to work every day and expecting my boss to say thanks for showing up.  You're setting the lowest bar humanly possible for success. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Blame the government officials in PR for being incompetent and not properly doing their jobs.   Sounded like New Orleans leaving all their evacuation busses to flood when the water came up.    Not like PR had never experienced a hurricane before.....

That's insane.

No amount of feasible preparation - or post storm response - by the government of Puerto Rico would have made much difference in the impact of that storm. They simply didn't have the resources.

The question is, what was the adequacy of the federal response after the fact? 

Of course, from your perspective, it would have to be inadequate as well because it's "government" and "government" by definition is evil, right?

Only a nihilist would casually assign total responsibility for the response to such events to the victims.   

24 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Of course, from your perspective, it would have to be inadequate as well because it's "government" and "government" by definition is evil, right?

"Government" except for Trump.  Somehow he's exempt from such criticisms and disdain.  The buck always stops somewhere else.

Except when it's something good the government did.  Then Trump gets credit.  All bad government stuff is someone else's fault though.

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Because you shouldn't have to thank a person for doing basic functions of their job!  It's like me going to work every day and expecting my boss to say thanks for showing up.  You're setting the lowest bar humanly possible for success. 

Jumped!  JUMPED I TELL YOU!

Poor PT.  So mistreated.  So misunderstood.

I was thinking about this earlier. Now,  I dont think this about anyone in here,  but I wonder how many of those who have so much invested in politics and are blinded by  power,  on both the left and right, are just praying for some major catastrophe with this storm where they can try and destroy Trump to regain some advantage in favor for them their party in the public eye?  

Archived