Trump Getting Involved Early in Hurricane Florence

Proud Tiger

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Crucify?  No.  Make fun of the insecurity of needing more ice cream than others?  Yes.

As petty as giving him “kudos for wiping his own ass.” Thanks for underscoring the principal.

Hope you’re well Brad!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katrina theoretically should not have been as bad as it was. The storm wasn’t necessarily the primary contributing factor to the catastrophic flooding, as opposed to the factor of dilapidated levees breaking. If the levees don’t break, Nola isn’t sitting under water. The state of the levees should’ve been addressed well before Katrina.

Democrats built the levees. Jkjk

28 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Katrina theoretically should not have been as bad as it was. The storm wasn’t necessarily the primary contributing factor to the catastrophic flooding, as opposed to the factor of dilapidated levees breaking. If the levees don’t break, Nola isn’t sitting under water. The state of the levees should’ve been addressed well before Katrina.

Democrats built the levees. Jkjk

For sure that local government screwed the pooch on levee maintenance.  Who would have ever thought building a city below sea level could potentially lead to disaster?

36 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

As petty as giving him “kudos for wiping his own ass.” Thanks for underscoring the principal.

Hope you’re well Brad!

I think you missed my point.  Oh well.  Hope you're good too.  Need to hit the links more on my side.  Haven't played since July!

58 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

"Government" except for Trump.  Somehow he's exempt from such criticisms and disdain.  The buck always stops somewhere else.

Except when it's something good the government did.  Then Trump gets credit.  All bad government stuff is someone else's fault though.

Or the bad stuff gets relabeled as an "unsung success" by the Fuhrer.  :glare:

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Jumped!  JUMPED I TELL YOU!

Poor PT.  So mistreated.  So misunderstood.

Yeah but you have an advantage using your mod powers. You sling cutesie comments and insults but then when I bite back  in way you don't like, you edit or delete posts. And you don't like it when other posters agree wit me.That's OK and I get it and I kick myself for responding to you at all when other mods have told me not to. 

stoic-one  would say "that's enough guys. Move on."

It's all Trump's fault after all. The always credible WaPO says Hurricane Florence is his fault. This should get the BS Award of the Year.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/12/hurricane-florence-washington-post-declares-trump-is-complicit-for-dangerous-storm.html

21 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Yeah but you have an advantage using your mod powers. You sling cutesie comments and insults but then when I bite back  in way you don't like, you edit or delete posts. And you don't like it when other posters agree wit me.That's OK and I get it and I kick myself for responding to you at all when other mods have told me not to. 

stoic-one  would say "that's enough guys. Move on."

You should see a therapist for this persecution complex you have.

33 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

It's all Trump's fault after all. The always credible WaPO says Hurricane Florence is his fault. This should get the BS Award of the Year.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/12/hurricane-florence-washington-post-declares-trump-is-complicit-for-dangerous-storm.html

I can only Imagine the stories afterwards with the midterms coming up.  What are the odds channels like CNN praises Trumps efforts afterwards?  I mean, there could be no storm casualties, Trump can rebuild each and every home destroyed out of his own pocket, not costing the taxpayers a dime, and still have a media firestorm reign down on him.  Id be curious of what peoples list of things they think are reasonable to prepare for this storm right now, and then compare that to all the "what should have been dones" we will hear from this Monday to the middle of November.

26 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You should see a therapist for this persecution complex you have.

Let's go together and you can get your inflated ego treated.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

Let's go together and you can get your inflated ego treated.

I already get therapy for that.  It's called "a wife and two teenage daughters."

20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I already get therapy for that.  It's called "a wife and two teenage daughters."

You need to come clean and tell them it's not working. Maybe you need three daughters like me.

11 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

You need to come clean and tell them it's not working. Maybe you need three daughters like me.

They tell me it's not working all the time.  I just nod and don't talk back.

Speaking of government's responsibility for Hurricane mitigation:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/north-carolina-bans-latest-science-rising-sea-level/story?id=16913782

New Law in North Carolina Bans Latest Scientific Predictions of Sea-Level Rise

Now this law would not have likely had any effect on what might happen in the next few days, but it illustrates just how foolish it is to stick your head in the sand about global warming.

This storm has the potential to wipe some of these barrier islands clean. It would be foolish to re-build without planning for additional sea level rise.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

He brings this sort of criticism on himself by declaring global warming a "Chinese hoax", then cutting all programs to mitigate the problem, including simple monitoring the changes by NASA. :no:

So he may not be complicit for "Florence" but he's certainly complicit for our delayed response to what is going to happen in the next few decades.

42 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

They tell me it's not working all the time.  I just nod and don't talk back.

You are smarter than I give you credit for.

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

For sure that local government screwed the pooch on levee maintenance.  Who would have ever thought building a city below sea level could potentially lead to disaster?

Above or below sea level, crappy levees don’t discriminate lol

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I think you missed my point.  Oh well.  Hope you're good too.  Need to hit the links more on my side.  Haven't played since July!

Probably did. Oh well. I haven’t played in a while. Too busy with school and clerkship!

On 9/11/2018 at 4:51 PM, RunInRed said:

So he wants credit for something he's supposed to do ... sounds about right.  Particularly after the Puerto Rico disaster.

Puerto Rico is its own worst enemy. I worked in PR off and on for 10 years if I didn't pay out cash payoffs I would not have been able to sell/delivery legal drugs to PR. It finally got so bad my company, BergenBrunswig Drug Wholesaler, had to purchase Blanco Wholesale in PR to just do business there.The government is full of crooks and could care less about the people on the island. The everyday day working man and woman are great people heck I almost married a girl I met there wonderful people but the government there could care less for real interstructure for a solid foundation to handle emergency situations. It makes my heart hurt to have seen what they have had to endure. 

I have friends who still lived there before Maria but they have had enought most of them either have relocated to central Fl or the Miami area. PR is losing all it's good people and what will be left is scary. 

Don't misunderstand I'm not saying FEMA could have been better prepared

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

He brings this sort of criticism on himself by declaring global warming a "Chinese hoax",

What in the world does climate change or warming  have to do with this natural event Brother Homer? It is an event that you guys have politicized for whatever reason. 

11 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

I guess Trump feels he's so well prepared for hurricane season that he can safely divert funds from FEMA (and now I hear the Coast Guard, too) to fund more beds in ICE detention centers.

I really hope everyone in the path of this storm is prepared!

Trump administration diverted nearly $10 million from FEMA to ICE detention program, according to federal document

Oh my!!!  This storm will kill all of us.........or worse

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Trump administration diverted nearly $10 million from FEMA to ICE detention program, according to federal document

Oh my!!!  This storm will kill all of us.........or worse

i-have-no-words-for-this-one_o_934464.gi

37 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

I guess Trump feels he's so well prepared for hurricane season that he can safely divert funds from FEMA (and now I hear the Coast Guard, too) to fund more beds in ICE detention centers.

I really hope everyone in the path of this storm is prepared!

1. FEMA has a $15 Billion budget.

2. The money did not come out of the disaster relief fund.

3. Our immigration centers need funding. I have clients who have been in them and I have visited some of the centers. 

4. WDE.

Archived