Aidan Marshall leaves the team-Merged thread

TAYLORKEETON

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Well I hate that but Wasn’t he a walk on? Maybe he just decided that If he is not going to be playing and he has no scholarship he may as well concentrate on academics. 

Bingo we have a winner. I think this decision had a lot to do with ego. I think Gus probably gave him first shot not because he was even with crocodile but to

protect his ego. Gus had no choice but to go with the bigger leg especially after his first game punt. I appreciate what AM did and wish him the best, but I’m sure he will regret this decision down the road.

When Gus "hired" a punter from Australia the kid knew his kicking career was over at AU.....I don't blame him for moving along somewhere else or just sticking to the primary reason he was at AU.....education.   

I appreciate his effort.....was about the best we had at the time and I expect he gave it his best.   Hope he does well in life and he can always look back with pride about playing football in the SEC. 

Guessing it IS ego but unless there's behind the scenes ugliness we don't know, if it were me, I'd stay on the team just so that I can go to all the games and get a great view for free.  

It's not like he's a scout team lineman getting his arse kicked daily for "no reward" and he's not having to learn a playbook.  I mean how hard is Punter practice??

Plus, how many guys can tell people, "yeah I play for the Auburn Tigers" when they're trying to pick up chics and be able to PROVE IT?

I'm not kidding either.  But ego is a funny thing...

We had an all world kicker or punter- don't remember which and can't remember his name ATM- leave the team just a couple years ago because his dad died or something like that. Except nobody knew that was the reason at the time.

I really encourage everyone to avoid speculation. 

Edit: It was Jimmy Hutchinson.

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, except he won the starting job.

Scholarship guy was gonna get the job no matter what....JMO.

Sad. Guy bust his butt all spring and summer, puts on a ton of muscle, is in a “heated punting competition” all the way to opening day, gets called first out of the gate and he bungles it. Then in game two he gets no action and the new #1 guy only has 40 and 48 for his efforts. I think he threw in the towel a little early. If your going to work that hard for that long, have one bad punt and then walk after 2 weeks, something else might be there.

13 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Sad. Guy bust his butt all spring and summer, puts on a ton of muscle, is in a “heated punting competition” all the way to opening day, gets called first out of the gate and he bungles it. Then in game two he gets no action and the new #1 guy only has 40 and 48 for his efforts. I think he threw in the towel a little early. If your going to work that hard for that long, have one bad punt and then walk after 2 weeks, something else might be there.

Not putting the young man down in any way but he was always better in practice.

Yes, worked his “back-side off” in a neck and neck race and got the nod with his experience. Then he drops a 30 yarder (not in practice) and gets yanked.

His replacement, an Assie that’s never played major college football in his life, out kicked him in live action to include he would have a longer per punt average but he was asked and did accomplish dropping one nicely inside the 20 yard line.

He’s young, maybe a tad immature, so he left the team. Again, that’s not to put him down in anyway, just stating the facts.

Ego be damned, I’d stay on the Auburn football team as a back up punter any day of the week. I get to be on the team with little to no expectations? Sign me up. Enjoy the “celebrity” of it all and be thankful for that free education!

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Ego be damned, I’d stay on the Auburn football team as a back up punter any day of the week. I get to be on the team with little to no expectations? Sign me up. Enjoy the “celebrity” of it all and be thankful for that free education!

Free education? He wasn't on scholarship.

3 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Y'all please pay attention to the last sentence above.

From what I heard, Carlson and the Aussie kept stealing his lunch money. They also smacked his butt repeatedly with towels in the locker room, naming one of his cheeks "Boris" and the other "Natasha."

Archived