LSU Visitor List & Thread

ellitor

38 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I sure hope the o-line does a decent job at least with Putnam and Webb there.

It won’t hurt with him if they don’t. Can sell how much we need him even more. Not that I want that to be a selling point.

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

They still saw an incredible atmosphere and game.

Think they saw it wasn’t even a sellout?

Edited by jared52

3 minutes ago, jared52 said:

... official attendance was 86,787, pretty close. Ya know Jared I really like you but this negative stuff that’s came out tonight is a bit weird man. 

20 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

... official attendance was 86,787, pretty close. Ya know Jared I really like you but this negative stuff that’s came out tonight is a bit weird man. 

Just asking a question. It’s more the fault of the admin and ticket people prices than people staying home expecting AU to lose. But you know they will hear about AU not selling out a top 25 game like that. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

I did think it was in interesting that the top corners weren't filled, at least from my view on TV (I read an article recently on how much lower tax sales have been at games in college football. Basically it stated that ADs are using questionable tactics to pad attendance figures-interesting read).

That said I'm curious to know what things looked like from a recruit's perspective. How full did the stadium appear in person? Did we create the environment we usually do for opposing teams?

13 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

I did think it was in interesting that the top corners weren't filled, at least from my view on TV (I read an article recently on how much lower tax sales have been at games in college football. Basically it stated that ADs are using questionable tactics to pad attendance figures-interesting read).

That said I'm curious to know what things looked like from a recruit's perspective. How full did the stadium appear in person? Did we create the environment we usually do for opposing teams?

I’m sure it was enough to feel the excitement of being in Jordan Hare. Just hate that tickets are so expensive AU can’t even sellout a top 15 game.

5 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

@ClaytonAU can probably answer. 

The heat also had some to do with the lack of sellout, I imagine. I, for one, was under doctor’s orders not to go. 

8 hours ago, jared52 said:

Just asking a question. It’s more the fault of the admin and ticket people prices than people staying home expecting AU to lose. But you know they will hear about AU not selling out a top 25 game like that. 

I encourage you to go back and look for pics from last years game in Baton Rouge. It was about 70% full. It is a trend increasing everywhere, especially when heat index is over 100. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I encourage you to go back and look for pics from last years game in Baton Rouge. It was about 70% full. It is a trend increasing everywhere, especially when heat index is over 100. 

Wow, really? That’s crazy. I don’t recall if LSU was even ranked at the time or not. I agree it’s a trend, but it would be nice if AU got ahead of others on being more aggressive with ticket prices, but I guess that not really what’s pulls in money. Maybe one day there will be more skyboxs than stands. 

3 hours ago, AidiAU said:

@ClaytonAU can probably answer. 

The heat also had some to do with the lack of sellout, I imagine. I, for one, was under doctor’s orders not to go. 

It was loud. It was 103 degrees. But recruits saw an incredible game with fan interaction and a close hard fought game that either team could’ve won until the last two seconds. Just because we lost doesn’t mean we’re out of anything with these guys.

Those corners were empty mostly because those are designated away team tickets. LSU supposedly returned a bunch. And yeah, $125.00 per ticket is gonna price a lot of people out of going to games. Ridiculous. But yes, great atmosphere and loud from what I could tell from the ramp.

Let’s be honest here, though. That OL performance should put to rest any delusions that Webb might come to AU, especially when you see that well coached offensive juggernaut across state.

5 hours ago, Roos said:

Isn't it about time we added another recruit or two? December will be upon us before we know it, 

With 16 already committed we've only got 9 more slots available and that's if we're not holding a slot or two back for grad transfers. I think we can afford to be picky considering the quality that's already committed. In fact, we'll have to be picky if we're going to keep up with the Jones's, which seems to be a big thing with some fans.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2018 at 8:27 AM, ClaytonAU said:

It was loud. It was 103 degrees. But recruits saw an incredible game with fan interaction and a close hard fought game that either team could’ve won until the last two seconds. Just because we lost doesn’t mean we’re out of anything with these guys.

This. It was friggin miserable in the stadium until the sun went below the upper deck. I stood up to yell at one point in the first quarter and felt my whole word rock and shift. Had to sit down and slowly down an entire life water before I felt good enough to muster a little yelling. Prices for decent seats have become insane and season tickets are no longer worth it. We renewed every year from 2010 on and the moment they put my seats in the upper deck two years ago I said "f*** you too" and haven't gotten them again. Definitely not worth the cost on the years where we don't play both Alabama and Georgia at home.

This years home games and my opinion as someone who has to drive 4 hours to see a game and 4 hours back:

Alabama State  - these tickets should frankly be first come first serve like an A-day game.

LSU - definitely worth a trip  but man was it a rough ride home after the heat, stress, and let down. 10/10 would go

Arkansas - I'll be there but it's much more of a "home shopping" trip as me and the wife continue to work on moving up there. Fun game to go to if you're looking for what should be a  stress free game with a lot of scoring. 6/10 only going for an "Auburn tour" to continue to sell the city to the Mrs.

Southern Miss - snooze.

Tennessee - same as Arkansas. 6/10 not making the trip

Texas A&M - might be worth the trip but it could end very similar to LSU. Disappointing and season shattering. 8/10

Liberty - snooze

Quit playing interesting games at "neutral sites" and do a damn home-home series so we can get interesting opponents like Washington AT Auburn.

Home schedule should always have either:

Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, SEC East Team

or

Georgia, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Texas A&M

Guarantees there are always 4 solid home games. Add the two cupcake home games in and you always have a minimum of 6 home games. Then add home&home series with a decent out of conference opponent so every other year you get 7 home games.

https://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2018/9/20/17879522/auburn-football-recruiting-despite-loss-tigers-impress-derick-hall-kalen-deloach-kenny-mcintosh

Obviously, it’s a lot nicer to win these big games when you have a ton of talent on campus visiting than it is to lose. But despite that gut punch Saturday, the Tigers did a lot to impress a number of big time prospects this past weekend. The environment was electric and reportedly the way the team handled themselves after the loss impressed a fair number of recruits as well. Thankfully, recruits and fans tend to react very differently to tough losses.

Official Visitors
Auburn hosted five official visitors and from all accounts those trips went great. In fact, one could be closing in on a decision very soon

4* OG Williams Putnam | 6’4” | 280 lbs | Tampa, FL
Considering Auburn’s interior OL struggles, Putnam is absolutely one of Auburn’s top targets on the board right now. The big man out of Tampa, FL left the Plains feeling Auburn was a “good fit” telling AuburnSports.com’s Jeffrey Lee:

“I definitely say I fit in,” Putnam said. “I got along with all the guys really well. I think they liked me. Same with the coaches. I like the coaches and I think they genuinely like me, not just as a football player but as a person.”

He’s expected to take an official visit to Tallahassee as some point with a decision likely by November. Auburn’s chances for Putnam have greatly increased over recent months and it sounds like this past weekend’s official visit only helped their cause even more.

Will Putnam
@BigWillPut
 Amazing weekend at Auburn, great people and a real family. War Eagle!

4* DB Cam’Ron Kelly | 6’1” | 190 lbs | Chesapeake, VA | Auburn Commit
This was Cam’Ron Kelly’s first time ever seeing an Auburn football game live and from all reports it sounds like it delivered. Kelly appeared to have spent much of his day Saturday helping Auburn commits 5* LB Owen Pappoe and 3* DE Colby Wooden recruit other defensive studs 4* Buck Derick Hall and 4* LB Kalen Deloach to join them on the Plains. Kelly seems locked in with the Tigers and will have a chance to challenge for some early playing time next season.

4* RB Kenny McIntosh | 6’0” | 218 lbs | Fort Lauderdale, FL
Maybe no prospect left Auburn as impressed as Kenny McIntosh. The brother of former Miami standout defensive tackle RJ McIntosh, McIntosh has long been seen as a lock to the Miami Hurricanes. The Tigers weren’t really seen as a major threat and McIntosh basically confirmed those impressions while on his visit.

But things have changed. The bruising tailback out of south Florida was in awe of the environment in Jordan-Hare Saturday and left the Plains saying the Tigers had become a major player in his recruitment. I still think this is probably a longshot but it’s an actual realistic longshot after his official visit. Will be interesting to see if he makes it for any other unofficial visits later this fall.

4* Buck Derick Hall | 6’4” | 216 lbs | Gulfport, MS
The Tigers could be closing in on one of their top targets this cycle. Derick Hall has been the top man at the Buck spot pretty much this whole recruiting cycle and entered his official visit with the Auburn Tigers as his top school. That has reportedly not changed. In fact, Hall admitted he could have a decision by next week. If that happens, it’s probably a good sign for the Tigers. Still, Mississippi State and Florida State are making strong pushes for the Magnolia State native. But his relationship with Gus Malzahn and the need the Tigers have for pass rushers gives Auburn a better than good shot at signing the stud playmaker. Hall was one of many recruits who felt some tough calls late in the game cost the good looking Tigers a chance at capturing the W.

Derick Hall II9️⃣?
@derick_hall5
 That One Pass Interference Call Changed The Rest Of The Game‼️

4* LB Kalen Deloach | 6’0” | 206 lbs | Savannah, GA | Florida State Commit
One of the more interesting visitors to track this weekend was 4* LB Kalen Deloach. He’s long been one of Travis Williams’s favorite targets this cycle but the Tigers lost out to the Seminoles earlier this summer. However, it appears between the Noles early struggles and the Tigers relentless pursuit, that the door to his recruitment might be reopening some moving forward. Not a ton has come out on his visit outside of him giving the vibes that Auburn has a chance but keep an eye on his visits in the coming weeks. I would not be surprised to see him show up on the Plains again very soon. He and Owen Pappoe would give Auburn a pair of incredibly fast linebackers in this 2019 signing class.

Elite Prospects Everywhere
It was an impressive list of prospects on campus for the Tigers this past weekend. Depending on what site you prefer, Auburn had anywhere from 7-9 five star prospects visiting this past weekend. The big surprise visitor was 5* DT Ishmael Sopsher out of Louisiana.

I will admit, I think he was more there to see LSU play than Auburn but he reportedly stayed the night and could end up visiting again down the road. I would be stunned if he landed anywhere other than Alabama or LSU.

The other 2019 5* not committed to the Tigers visiting was 5* C Clay Webb. Webb’s recruitment is difficult to track due to the lack of interviews he gives out and the lack of information he provides in those interviews. There is some serious buzz that Georgia has made a major move in this recruitment but don’t sleep on the Tigers. They’ve made him a priority for quite awhile and JB Grimes was one of the first to offer him back in the 8th grade. Auburn will be in this until the finish though I’m not optimistic about their chances.

The real impact of this weekend might have been on the 2020 5* visitors. According to AuburnUndercover’s Keith Niebuhr 5*s DL Myles Murphy, DL McKinnley Jackson, WR Leonard Manuel and ATH Arik Gilbert were all on campus to witness that top 15 matchup. Of this group, keep an eye on Murphy. His recruitment is a heated contest between Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Clemson. Expect to hear his name a bunch next recruiting cycle.

But it wasn’t just 5* prospects on campus that are worth noting. Three Alabama commits reportedly made the trip in 4* OT Amari Kight, 2020 4* DT Jayson Jones and 2020 4* WR Dazalin Worsham. Kight specifically is the interesting name to track. He was a guy Auburn was hard after before he committed to the Tide and a guy the Tigers have apparently not quit pursuing. He said all the right things Saturday about Auburn still being a factor in his recruitment but this will more than likely be a difficult flip. Let’s see if he makes it to campus a few more times. Pretty obvious that he would fill a huge need in this Auburn recruiting class.

One of the flip candidates I mentioned in Saturday’s preview reportedly made it as well in 3* DT LeDarrius Cox. The Tigers have ramped up their recruitment of the McGill-Toolen product since offering back during Big Cat Weekend. I’m a little surprised he hasn’t flipped already but he’s definitely a name to monitor in the coming weeks. Would not be shocked if he was back this weekend as well.

Running Back Recruiting
So I wanted to follow up on what I talked about Saturday. Typically, one game does not have a major impact on a recruitment but 4* RB Noah Cain might be the exception. He’s a guy that has been pretty clear about the fact that LSU would be tough to beat but he wanted to see how they did early this season. Well, considering Ed O has now knocked off two top 10 teams in three weeks, I think you could say they are doing pretty well.

That’s not to say that Auburn is completely out of this race now having lost. But I think to pull this recruitment off they needed a number of things to go their way including LSU struggling out the gate and Auburn displaying a dominant rushing attack. Neither have really happened and so I would be stunned at this point if Cain did not end up with the Bayou Bengals.

Assuming that happens, what does Auburn do next at running back? Luckily, the Tigers have plenty of options. First, as mentioned above, Auburn has reportedly made a major move with Kenny McIntosh. Not sure if they did enough to win that battle but they are an actual factor moving forward. There’s also 4* Mark-Antony Richards who is high on the Tigers. Like McIntosh, he has a brother that attends Miami and has long been considered a lock with the Canes. But here’s the interesting factor in his recruitment. Richards says he would prefer to play running back at the next level but Miami wants him as a DB. Auburn has stolen plenty of supposed locks from Mark Richt before so it’s not out of the realm of possibility they do it again this December. Richards will take an official visit at some point probably later in the year. We will see if the Tigers can get it done.

After those two, keep an eye on 3* Tye Edwards and 3* Tahj Gary. Both are very talented prospects that the Tigers like a lot, they just appear to have them in the tier slightly below Cain, Richards and McIntosh. I am pretty confident either would jump on board with a serious push for Auburn. That very well could happen soon if Auburn doesn’t like their chances with those other three.

War Eagle!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1