Null

ellitor

2020 Recruit Thread

I'm told we have offered just about every 2020 OT. FWIW. :rollin:

This should have been under the new OT recruits thread. 

Edited by WarDamnEagleWDE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

tumblr_inline_pcgg2bRQqd1qzqdem_540.gif

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

With the bumper crop there was this year at OT, you would've thought we could've done the same.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

With the bumper crop there was this year at OT, you would've thought we could've done the same.

Yup! There are 32 OTs  who are 4*s. 6 are in our normal recruiting territories. 4 in states that don't have a traditional power. 2 more in Arkansas which even though not an AU territoy we should be able to get the quality from that state we want with Gus's prestige in that state & before he was moved off field, Horton's connections there. We need to go out of our territories more when needed to get talent. Sure Bama, UGA, Clemson, & OU are the tier 1s but AU can sell itself better outside of the SEC territories than we do with not great effort needed. Pretty much everyone views the SEC as best conference & rightfully so. There are a good number of quality kids outside of SEC states who would love to come to the SEC to play the Bamas & UGAs & the rest of the conference. We have to do a better job of reaching out to find these kids. Gus really needs to use his analysts for these type of duties much like Bama & UGA do.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup! There are 32 OTs  who are 4*s. 6 are in our normal recruiting territories. 4 in states that don't have a traditional power. 2 more in Arkansas which even though not an AU territoy we should be able to get the quality from that state we want with Gus's prestige in that state & before he was moved off field, Horton's connections there. We need to go out of our territories more when needed to get talent. Sure Bama, UGA, Clemson, & OU are the tier 1s but AU can sell itself better outside of the SEC territories than we do with not great effort needed. Pretty much everyone views the SEC as best conference & rightfully so. There are a good number of quality kids outside of SEC states who would love to come to the SEC to play the Bamas & UGAs & the rest of the conference. We have to do a better job of reaching out to find these kids. Gus really needs to use his analysts for these type of duties much like Bama & UGA do.

yes yes yes

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:43 PM, ellitor said:

Even with a bumper crop of 32 4* OT's of which 6 were in our normal area when you are competing against bama. Georgia, Fla, Clemson, and now Tenn in our area the chances are still not that good. That is why we have to do a much better job at evaluating the 3* players and work them in case we don't get one of the studs.   During the NFL playoffs I am amazed at how many of the players are from smaller schools. As E and others have said we need to have great analyst and rely on them to find these type players.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

As E and others have said we need to have great analyst and rely on them to find these type players.

I'd be more than happy to join you in that job.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

God help us if that were to happen

You can come to...

14 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Talk about a lazy hire....   😲

Damn straight I'm lazy as hell..............................I know you didn't mean it that way but you are correct

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Talk about a lazy hire....   😲

Well somebody has to be the Beer Man.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well somebody has to be the Beer Man.

I'm also the bag man and beer man which has helped at times

chick fil a man GIF

man beer GIF

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No it's not. Just take all the ads out by clicking on "post as text only."

Besides the article deserves it's own thread anyway.

I fify as the kids say and I have already started a new thread five minutes after the first post. Just forgot to delete other post!

• Thanks 1

4* DE Quandarrius Robinson has decommitted from us as of about 7 hours ago. It says Gus is going to visit him Friday. Funny he's now 50/50 Auburn v Alabama after Saban made his gaudy helicopter entrance.

4* RB Tank Bigsby is still listed as warm but it looks like we're quite firmly in 3rd place at best

4* OT Tate Rutledge is the same, listed as warm but we're still on the outside

4* OT Bryn Tucker is warm but looks like a Tenn lock as of now

4* ATH Enzo Jennings is warm but looks like a Notre Dame lock

4* Dual-Threat QB Robby Ashford looks like we lead for him

4* OT Joshua Braun is warm but looks like a FSU lean

4* OLB Phillip Webb looks like he's 50/50 between us and Clemson

4* RB Daijun Edwards looks like a three way battle between Auburn-FSU-Georgia

4* OLB Cameron Riley looks like an Auburn-MooState battle

4* OT Avery Jernigan is listed as an Auburn lean but SoCar appears to be trending

4* WR Eddie Williams looks like a Clemson boy

4* WR JJ Evans looks like an Auburn lean

5* DE Myles Murphy doesn't show a leader but we're warm

4* DE Andy Boykin shows us as still leading

3* DT Eric Taylor looks like an Alabama lock but we're warm

Not a lot of positives but we're still wrapping up the previous class so it's not time to hit the panic button. We started really strong and just haven't had much momentum since. Similar to what the 2019 class felt like. Hoping that we can really get things rolling again. With the large percentage of kids committing and signing early it's important to attack you options early and often. 

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

4* DE Quandarrius Robinson has decommitted from us as of about 7 hours ago. It says Gus is going to visit him Friday. Funny he's now 50/50 Auburn v Alabama after Saban made his gaudy helicopter entrance.

4* RB Tank Bigsby is still listed as warm but it looks like we're quite firmly in 3rd place at best

4* OT Tate Rutledge is the same, listed as warm but we're still on the outside

4* OT Bryn Tucker is warm but looks like a Tenn lock as of now

4* ATH Enzo Jennings is warm but looks like a Notre Dame lock

4* Dual-Threat QB Robby Ashford looks like we lead for him

4* OT Joshua Braun is warm but looks like a FSU lean

4* OLB Phillip Webb looks like he's 50/50 between us and Clemson

4* RB Daijun Edwards looks like a three way battle between Auburn-FSU-Georgia

4* OLB Cameron Riley looks like an Auburn-MooState battle

4* OT Avery Jernigan is listed as an Auburn lean but SoCar appears to be trending

4* WR Eddie Williams looks like a Clemson boy

4* WR JJ Evans looks like an Auburn lean

5* DE Myles Murphy doesn't show a leader but we're warm

4* DE Andy Boykin shows us as still leading

3* DT Eric Taylor looks like an Alabama lock but we're warm

As posted before, those warm/cool features don't mean jack. Reporters don't update them often to reflect accuracy of a situation, especially when the class is a year out. Perfect example, UGA likely leads for Ashford.  I wouldn't make any of the above assessments looking at the warm/cool feature or crystal ball picks given this class is a year out.

Come on @GwillMac6! You know we create threads for new commits if we don't already have one for them.  Not moving the post because I don't want to completely edit a 2nd post. Lol

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Come on @GwillMac6! You know we create threads for new commits if we don't already have one for them.  Not moving the post because I don't want to completely edit a 2nd post. Lol

Well I did not want to completely make a new post either so I took the easiest path. So glad that TODD! TODD! TODD! did haha.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well I did not want to completely make a new post either so I took the easiest path.

Lazy ass.

Yes I know....Pot meet kettle.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Lazy ass.

Yes I know....Pot meet kettle.

YES I am. Very much so! lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well I did not want to completely make a new post either so I took the easiest path. So glad that TODD! TODD! TODD! did haha.

Don’t bring me into this dust up! Lol

• Haha 2

Wondering if we should change this thread title to 2020 OLine Recruit Thread??  Considering 25% of the class could be along the line.    😂

• Like 1