2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

So I haven't been keeping up with recruiting the same way I used to, but from the quick scan of things so far it seems like we are getting killed in the in state recruiting department.....so what about nationally? Are we going to have a down recruiting year for 2020?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cole256 said:

so far it seems like we are getting killed in the in state recruiting department.....so what about nationally? Are we going to have a down recruiting year for 2020?

We aren't going to recruit nationally as long as Gus is HC. He's going to stick to Ala, Fl, Ga, & Miss for recruiting. As for the 2nd question I say if Gus stays through next season then yes we will have a down year come 2020 early NSD unless the new OC somehow turns around the O giving us a big win season & Gus some security.. JMO

• 2 weeks later...

What's the difference between Alabama-Georgia recruiting???? They already have their 2018 class and recruiting for 2019....we're trying to finish our class and loosing out on next year's class....  

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Are we going to actually sign some damn offensive linemen?!

If Gus is a lame duck next year it's unlikely what we will sign will be high quality.

5 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

What's the difference between Alabama-Georgia recruiting????

Their HCs are good & have job security.

• 2 weeks later...

I did see an Ohio State 4* 2020 OL decommitted from them who is from Marietta I believe.  Any interest?  A 4* CB also decommited from them.  Does Mel Tucker leaving UGA help us with anyone at all?

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Any interest? 

Don't know we haven't offered.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Mel Tucker leaving UGA help us with anyone at all?

No in both the 2020 & 2019 classes. He has no commits for 2020 & his 2019 guys were CBs & we are pretty much full there.

3*s SDE & ATH

Auburn extends offers to St. Paul’s juniors Daniel Foster-Allen, Jordon Ingram

By Ben Thomas

The athleticism of St. Paul’s juniors Daniel Foster-Allen and Jordon Ingram continues to draw the interest of multiple Southeastern Conference schools.

Auburn became one of the latest schools to offer both players last week.

Ingram is a 6-foot-2, 195-pound running back. Foster-Allen is a 6-foot-4, 250-pound defensive end. Both are ranked among the top 30 2020 prospects in the state, according to the 247 composite rankings.

“I think schools really like their athleticism,” St. Paul’s head coach Steve Mask said. “They both are basketball guys and are incredibly versatile. That’s a big plus for them.”

Ingram was a workhorse for the Saints in the backfield during their first year as a Class 6A program. He ran for 1,526 yards and 20 touchdowns on 246 carries – an average of 6.2 yards per carry. He also caught 15 passes for 150 yards.

“I think people can see Jordon doing a couple of things,” Mask said. “First, he can be a big, power running back, or he could transition to defense and play secondary or linebacker. I think a lot of schools see a great athlete and will decide later exactly how he fits into what they want to do.”

Mask said Ingram would play some defense for St. Paul’s next year.

In addition to Auburn, his SEC offers include Arkansas, LSU, Tennessee and Ole Miss. He also has offers from South Alabama, Southern Miss and Troy.

Foster-Allen anchored the St. Paul’s defensive front as a junior.

“He really improved during the last half of the season,” Mask said. “Daniel has a lot of upside. He’s very young. He’s only 16 as a junior. His body is really starting to change. I think he has a chance to be a great player.”

In addition to Auburn, Foster-Allen has offers from Mississippi State, LSU and Rutgers.

“Colleges look at Daniel and see he is 6-4 now and think they can add 40 or 50 pounds to his frame,” Mask said. “He already has great quickness. That’s an important combination at the next level.”

Foster-Allen and Ingram aren’t St. Paul’s only prospects for the 2020 season. Offensive lineman Brady Ward (6-7, 310) continues to gain interest as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Pfffft at the notion that Gus doesn't recruit outside of Fl, GA, AL and Miss. We have a kid from Virginia and Texas in 2019 commited. Nick Coe is from NC.. I am sure there are others. I really wish we could move on with the continued bashing of Auburns head football coach.  He has done a heck of a job recruiting this year in spite of all the innuendos, rumors and outright lies about him and our program. 

21 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Pfffft at the notion that Gus doesn't recruit outside of Fl, GA, AL and Miss. We have a kid from Virginia and Texas in 2019 commited. Nick Coe is from NC.. I am sure there are others. I really wish we could move on with the continued bashing of Auburns head football coach.  He has done a heck of a job recruiting this year in spite of all the innuendos, rumors and outright lies about him and our program. 

That’s not many outside our recruiting territory at all. The kid from Texas AU probably would not have found if he wasn’t at IMG at the time.  We knew about Kelly from Virginia because of relationships Crimedog before he went to Ole Miss.

the rest of the post looks lost in this thread so i’m going to leave it alone.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

That’s not many outside our recruiting territory at all. The kid from Texas AU probably would not have found if he wasn’t at IMG at the time.  We knew about Kelly from Virginia because of relationships Crimedog before he went to Ole Miss.

the rest of the post looks lost in this thread so i’m going to leave it alone.

Never ever lost. I 98% of the time you are spit on. But the redundancy in finding fault in any and everything Gus Malsahan does, especially by moderators, is exhausting.. Maybe the name of this web sight should  be " who can bash Auburns head football coach more " or ' Who can find fault in everything Gus does"  Not trying to pick a argument with you e but I just don't see the necessity to find fault and exaggerate the truths.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:36 AM, ellitor said:

With due respect, when you posted about Tank there wasn't any AU buzz with him in terms of publicly reported. There is now. Lol

I hope AU hammers down hard on Tank, especially since UGA & Dell McGee hasn't made a push yet. I want to get a big of a lead on them as possible before they potentially come calling.

Hey Tank if Georgia is so great ask McGee why he didn’t choose the mutts? 😂

On 12/23/2018 at 2:20 PM, tbone4jc said:

Never ever lost. I 98% of the time you are spit on. But the redundancy in finding fault in any and everything Gus Malsahan does, especially by moderators, is exhausting.. Maybe the name of this web sight should  be " who can bash Auburns head football coach more " or ' Who can find fault in everything Gus does"  Not trying to pick a argument with you e but I just don't see the necessity to find fault and exaggerate the truths.

1. Why did you even post your OP in this thread in the recruiting forum? It doesn't belong here or in this forum. Would have been better suited for the football forum. As for the stuff on Gus I was just passing info from people connected to the program. I don't make stuff up & nothing is exaggerated, at least not from me. I don't like being played like that so I won't do it myself. People can accept it or not.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

1. Why did you even post your OP in this thread in the recruiting forum? It doesn't belong here or in this forum. Would have been better suited for the football forum. As for the stuff on Gus I was just passing info from people connected to the program. I don't make stuff up & nothing is exaggerated, at least not from me. I don't like being played like that so I won't do it myself. People can accept it or not.

I replyed to your op you posted in this forum. Its a non-issue though. On to next season...

On 12/22/2018 at 12:41 PM, tbone4jc said:

This is nothing to argue about.....just look at the roster and look where everybody is from...

One would think Pruitt will do the best he can to build a fence around his state on any elite recruits Tennessee has, especially a big O Linemen like this fella.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

E231A89F-E753-47F5-A56F-607CD097F86A.png

I know it’s 2020, but wanted to share. 

2020 may be more important than this year with tackles!

On 11/27/2018 at 9:59 PM, tigerman1186 said:

What's the difference between Alabama-Georgia recruiting???? They already have their 2018 class and recruiting for 2019....we're trying to finish our class and loosing out on next year's class....  

The difference is that those to schools have made a commitment to excellence.  We have a BOT that is worried about themselves and an administration with zero vision.

Archived