2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Oooooo take that Mack Brown that’s what you get for going after TS and getting him to completely rethink his commitment and open his recruiting back up!! 😂😂

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Oooooo take that Mack Brown that’s what you get for going after TS and getting him to completely rethink his commitment and open his recruiting back up!! 😂😂

I don’t know if it was Mack I think he recently took a trip to Clemson. And you know how that goes. They get who they want

I saw where Jason Campbell’s kid his having a pretty good season. 6’5” WR but pretty thin. Good for him!

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Sounds like a future tackle for our O

He’ll add some crucial depth

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

We might have to send out that offer to that kicker. Don’t know what’s going on with Carlson

I don't know if it is Carlson, or spoiled Auburn fans. It's not like he missed from short range. 42, 49, and 49 are not gimmes. 

10 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I don't know if it is Carlson, or spoiled Auburn fans. It's not like he missed from short range. 42, 49, and 49 are not gimmes. 

Yeah but it’s not like leg strength is his problem. 42 should be a gimme for somebody like the Carlson brothers

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

We might have to send out that offer to that kicker. Don’t know what’s going on with Carlson

He had a new holder this game.  That can have a lot of effect with the timing. I noticed he was uncomfortable in his stride.  

On 11/2/2019 at 6:14 AM, Zeek said:

I saw where Jason Campbell’s kid his having a pretty good season. 6’5” WR but pretty thin. Good for him!

Where is he playing his HS ball?

39 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Where is he playing his HS ball?

8 hours ago, Sizzle said:

No plans for us to sign a kicker now. If we take one it would be as a walk on.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

No plans for us to sign a kicker now. If we take one it would be as a walk on.

Would we take the kicker from Alabaster as a grey-shirt?

Seems like Carlson has lost some of his confidence. Maybe missing the PAT got in his head a little. Why did we change holders? I actually felt we had a better shot at making 3 yards on the 4th down than making the field goal. Right now I don't like our chances with anything over 40 yards.  Special teams may be our Achilles heel right now.  If we win against UGA and UAT we will have to make critical field goals and not allow long kick returns. Gotta fix it.

53 minutes ago, autan said:

Seems like Carlson has lost some of his confidence. Maybe missing the PAT got in his head a little. Why did we change holders? I actually felt we had a better shot at making 3 yards on the 4th down than making the field goal. Right now I don't like our chances with anything over 40 yards.  Special teams may be our Achilles heel right now.  If we win against UGA and UAT we will have to make critical field goals and not allow long kick returns. Gotta fix it.

Getting to a point where if it’s over 40 yards we either go for it or just punt it

15 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Would we take the kicker from Alabaster as a grey-shirt?

No clue. Just know the plan as of now is if we take one it would be as a walk on.

12 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Since Joey is transferring, I hope we sign 2 QB's for this upcoming class.

speaking of RB commit Tank Bigsby..........

Oh, what the heck - ME TOO!    😃

22 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Since Joey is transferring, I hope we sign 2 QB's for this upcoming class.

Interesting take. 

On 11/3/2019 at 12:16 PM, SumterAubie said:

He is not accurate from the left hash. All 3 misses from the left hash.

Archived