2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

To be fair to Zeek he had created a thread on it and since posts had already been made on Pitman in this thread I just merged his thread here.

not fair john oliver GIF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he’s asking how many will sign in December at the ESD, but every time he/she posts it’s hard to give an answer with a straight face 😑.

14 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Okay what impact will Chad Morris have on recruiting? 

Probably will help us keep a commit or two that liked Dilly

Next year is when he will help. Being from SEC and Texas already has contacts.

@McLoofus, how do we explain Oklahoma though? Lincoln Riley is a golden god? I bet Auburn has more 4/5 star players on the roster. Seems that way (in the unscientific gut feel sort of way despite the fact that I could look it up). 

54 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

@McLoofus, how do we explain Oklahoma though? Lincoln Riley is a golden god? I bet Auburn has more 4/5 star players on the roster. Seems that way (in the unscientific gut feel sort of way despite the fact that I could look it up). 

Actually they have higher ratings

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Okay what impact will Chad Morris have on recruiting? 

For this cycle, None Other than what he does for the second QB in the class. Next class he should have a big impact on offense.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Probably will help us keep a commit or two that liked Dilly

Next year is when he will help. Being from SEC and Texas already has contacts.

Given his history and how well he did in Georgia and Florida when at Clemson And that being states we recruit hard my guess is he will have a Bigger impact there.

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

I bet Auburn has more 4/5 star players on the roster

Oklahoma has 5 5 stars & 45 4 stars while Auburn has 3 & 43 in those categories respectively. All per 247 composite. https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Oklahoma has 5 5 stars & 45 4 stars while Auburn has 3 & 43 in those categories respectively. All per 247 composite. https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

This makes sense to me as both programs are pretty close in talent with Oklahoma having a slight edge. I bet if we played it would have a similar slim margin of victory this year. 

I see it's already been answered, but the answer actually surprised me, too. My answer would have been 1) yes and 2) Lincoln Riley doesn't seem overly concerned with defense, which is where we rack up many of our most highly rated guys. 

More importantly, though, it's not a strict 1-to-1 correlation. Clemson hasn't actually recruited at the same level as the other top-5ish programs most seasons. Some guys do more with less and vice versa, but not a lot of chicken salad is getting made out of you know what. Minnesota seems to be this year's exception to the rule. I don't anticipate they'll stay in the conversation any longer than UCF did. 

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 12/11/19)
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Clemson hasn't actually recruited at the same level as the other top-5ish programs most seasons.

That's kind of skewed though. Clemson doesn't go through players like most other programs. They retain & develop most of their guys & pay most attention to the overall 85 scholly limit than the yearly 25 enrollee limit.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's kind of skewed though. Clemson doesn't go through players like most other programs. They retain & develop most of their guys & pay most attention to the overall 85 scholly limit than the yearly 25 enrollee limit.

Exactly. They're an outlier because they develop and maximize their talent like pretty much no other program can. I was just participating in another conversation about QBs and realized what their string of studs all have in common: they were all recruited out of high school and are all multi-year starters. Pretty special in today's game. 

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

just looking at the first page on that link, Ok has 24 4/5* on D and 25 4/5* on O (9 OL).  AU has 23 4/5* on D and 20 4/5* on O (7 OL).  Pretty evenly comparison as far as recruiting.  Those other 2 4/5* OL would be nice to have for depth.  Lot of variables go into performance but the truth would only come out if we played.  I'd be up for watching another game this year. 

2 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

So every commit except Cam Riley (LB) and Jonathan Buskey (OT) is an early sign

It's spelled out in the OP of the OP One Week til ENSD thread.

16 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I understand you don’t have to sign at ENSD but is Riley looking around at other schools? Or he just wants to wait until NSD?

He was but AU is working on convincing him to go ahead & sign.

35 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Hope he stays with us. I like his speed

We have had extremely bad luck with LB's this class. I hope he goes ahead and signs as well. Like you did not take any other visits all fall. Why start now? He said in a article that the schools contacting him do not even keep up with him that much. Just once every couple of weeks. Its odd if he does not sign with us on ENSD honestly.

Archived