2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

30 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yes Yes Yes. Love the guys that are under-rated and fly under the radar to blossom into beast mode. I like your pick. I am going to go the Offensive route and choose Tate Johnson OG. I like him, I think he has a chip on his shoulder. He is going to have to work his way through a crowded group at OG ....but I think by 21 or 22 he will be a really good piece on our OL. 

I thought Tate got a bump? Maybe not. If he's a 3*, I agree and for the exact same reason. Dude seems like he'll be showing up pissed off at a position group that has been sorely lacking in pissed off.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I thought Tate got a bump? Maybe not. If he's a 3*, I agree and for the exact same reason. Dude seems like he'll be showing up pissed off at a position group that has been sorely lacking in pissed off.

He did get a bump but it got shut right down within a week when another site dropped him. He dropped a good bit since.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He got a bump back months ago....and was IIRC a Comp. 4 * for a short time and then dropped down to 3*. I am sure E can shine a light on it if I am wrong or any of the other recruiting SPURTZ

Edit- I didnt see Ellitor already said this. I need to read the threads better lol

Ellitor, glad Super 7 and your 16 hour days are over so you can get back to your "real" (and unpaid) job. 😁 Seriously, thanks for the updates to the OP and for the new thread for the upcoming signing date. Also, thanks to others who have been providing info over the last few weeks.

War Eagle, all! 

2 hours ago, akillshot said:

Ellitor, glad Super 7 and your 16 hour days are over so you can get back to your "real" (and unpaid) job. 😁 Seriously, thanks for the updates to the OP and for the new thread for the upcoming signing date. Also, thanks to others who have been providing info over the last few weeks.

War Eagle, all! 

I second that!

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 12/13/19)

Since we're approaching the early signing deadline, maybe it's time to take a step back and re-assess. This class appears to be fine as far as it goes. For it to be an unusually good class we will have to finish strong. With 27 vacancies and 20 guys committed we've got quite a bit of ground to cover in a short period of time.

Yes, there is a second signing period in February but the vast majority of the plumbs will be picked in the early period that starts Wednesday. The competition for the few top prospects that didn't sign early will be fierce. No, we don't have to fill all 27 slots but it sure would help.

Fingers crossed for some positive results from our closers, who I'm sure are out working their butts off this weekend.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

No, we don't have to fill all 27 slots but it sure would help.

And the staff isn't planning to. They are telling recruiting sites through sources we are using a hard 25 cap for high schoolers & jucos right now.

8 hours ago, DonDraper said:

Wonder if we will do anything with Major Burns who looks to be dropped by LSU. Or maybe he goes to Georgia and it pushes Reed to us? 

@DonDraper We are done at DB for the class if we land Brian George as expected.

5 spots if I had my pick would go to Brian George, Flax, Pegues, Defensive Tackle, linebacker

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

5 spots if I had my pick would go to Brian George, Flax, Pegues, Defensive Tackle, linebacker

The LB is going to be Tisdol. *Knock on wood* I wonder why we are not pushing more for Josiah Hayes the composite top 250 DT from Horn lake. He seems to be third on the staffs board behind Jackson and walker. His top 2 schools are ole Miss who he used to be committed to and Kentucky. I know he is a Mississippi kid but surely we could beat them out. Doesn't seem like we are pushing hard for him. I haven't even seen any new reports from 247 and rivals that we have done a in home with him this week.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

And the staff isn't planning to. They are telling recruiting sites through sources we are using a hard 25 cap for high schoolers & jucos right now.

Regardless of what they are saying, we both know that if they could suddenly get the right two to sign the hard cap of 25 would turn soft as butter. The only hard cap is 27, but saying AU is setting a cap at 25 is a convenient excuse for missing on a few targets.

" We're saving those other two slots for some unknown future event". That doesn't sound that great but I suppose it's better than just saying we couldn't fill all the vacancies with guys we really wanted.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Likely 6 left & the LB is Tisdol.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He seems to be third on the staffs board behind Jackson and walker.

Maybe 4th behind Marquis Burks as well.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Regardless of what they are saying, we both know that if they could suddenly get the right two to sign the hard cap of 25 would turn soft as butter.

We've had this argument before & no we don't know that. As stubborn as Gus is he could be dead set on holding 2 spots for Transfers/Grad Transfers. Hell at this point I'd be willing to bet nearly everything in my name he's setting at least 1 spot aside for a transfer QB.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

saying AU is setting a cap at 25 is a convenient excuse for missing on a few targets.

Or they don't want it known how many spots they actually have left. Most staffs don't want the public to know so us cracking their code has got to be an annoyance to them.

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

I will happily accept Broderick Jones over Flax.

Just now, logan adams said:

I will happily accept Broderick Jones over Flax.

I'd rather get Flax and Jones over another LB.  We have quality depth and a couple of good committed LBS.  Buck/WDE needs a spot as well.  Maybe Shaw?

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

I'd rather get Flax and Jones over another LB.  We have quality depth and a couple of good committed LBS.  Buck/WDE needs a spot as well.  Maybe Shaw?

I would take this as well. If the available slots are 6, then we can take all. 

Just now, logan adams said:

I would take this as well. If the available slots are 6, then we can take all. 

@ellitor, do we have any spots to count back to last season with any of the early enrollees?  Or is 25 our hard cap outside of Grad Transfers?

37 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

@ellitor, do we have any spots to count back to last season with any of the early enrollees?  Or is 25 our hard cap outside of Grad Transfers?

Grad Transfers count as part of the yearly 25 limit. As Mikey stated last night we believe AU has 2 spots to count to last year even though AU sources are saying it's a hard 25.

Archived