2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

He is not accurate from the left hash. All 3 misses from the left hash.

Which will be something to watch as far as his offensive coordinator calling a pre attempt play that will put him on the right hash.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Which will be something to watch as far as his offensive coordinator calling a pre attempt play that will put him on the right hash.

Gus probably hasn't assessed his weakness yet, and is not smart enough to adjust to it.

32 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Gus probably hasn't assessed his weakness yet, and is not smart enough to adjust to it.

Who’s the special teams coach? That means he’s not doing his job either

4 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

He is not accurate from the left hash. All 3 misses from the left hash.

You're working from a one-game sample with what's been said is a new holder and reach this conclusion? Maybe in earlier games he was making everything from the left hash. I don't know but I do know a sample from one game isn't enough to state that he's not accurate from a particular area of the field.

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

I don't even know brother. All I know is Gus" pitiful coaching this year has sucked all the energy out of the fans, the players and probably all the other coaches too!

There are a gazillion Gus bashing threads on the main football forum. That number isn't enough so you have to bring it over here?

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Who’s the special teams coach? That means he’s not doing his job either

Porter but special teams coaches really don’t usually work with field-goal kicker’s. They usually just work on kick off and punt coverage as well as kick off and punt return units which has been spotty for us also. Most schools have a field goal kicker coach. We do but I can’t remember the guys name though.

This forum is pretty consistent.  Anything negative about the team is Gus's fault.  Position coaches get credit for anything positive. That's probably the way it should be.  I'm pretty sure CGM is OK with that too.

Haven’t been on the forum lately because of all the Gus hate. Came here to check on recruiting and what do you think I find? Rhetorical question!!!

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

Haven’t been on the forum lately because of all the Gus hate. Came here to check on recruiting and what do you think I find? Rhetorical question!!!

Just a reminder, nobody hates Gus. A lot of folks just hate the bad job that he's doing, and a few other people have trouble understanding that simple truth.

Look forward to talking to you after football season!

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just a reminder, nobody hates Gus. A lot of folks just hate the bad job that he's doing, and a few other people have trouble understanding that simple truth.

Look forward to talking to you after football season!

Okay then, Gus bashers! Used to be an unwritten rule that it stayed out of recruiting side.

22 minutes ago, toddc said:

Okay then, Gus bashers! Used to be an unwritten rule that it stayed out of recruiting side.

When there are losses & poor performances versus teams that won't make a bowl game like Ole Miss it's understood frustrations will seep over some. 1. It hasn't been bad & 2. Some of it was jokes so no editing by Mods was felt to be needed.

Not necessarily.  Its probably got more to do with Buskey not being an ee anymore.  So really until something else happens its more about not getting another LB.

12 hours ago, Sizzle said:

So it’s safe to say we’re going to have somebody decommit on the OL? (Cohen)

1 hour ago, AUTiger2012 said:

Not necessarily. 

This

On 11/12/2019 at 6:35 PM, Sizzle said:

I think I might have said it before but not a fan of having him go to the same school as pop. Would be hard to not assume there is some nepotism; imagine being his backup. Wouldn’t you always have a doubt in your mind that he was starting over you because of his dad (which may or may not be the case).

It has been ridiculous when Auburn keeps guys on the roster for being the son of a coach as well. At one point I think we had Van Gorder’s kid on the roster. I know we had Muschamp’s kid on scholarship at one point. 

39 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It has been ridiculous when Auburn keeps guys on the roster for being the son of a coach as well. At one point I think we had Van Gorder’s kid on the roster. I know we had Muschamp’s kid on scholarship at one point. 

Those guys were only on scholly when we had extras come open in August of a school year due to attrition. If those walk ons didn't get the schollies other walkons would have. Kinda a poor take Zeek.

Lately I have been seeing some Juco D-Line for next year in this thread. Is that because we will need instant help, or is it because we are not feeling comfortable with the HS seniors we are pursuing, or is it just a safety net in case things don't work out?

26 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Lately I have been seeing some Juco D-Line for next year in this thread. Is that because we will need instant help, or is it because we are not feeling comfortable with the HS seniors we are pursuing, or is it just a safety net in case things don't work out?

@AuburnNTexas We have been planning to take at least 1 juco DL in the class for a very long time. Probably since Brown & Co decided to return for the current season. At the very least it's for added quality depth.

Archived