2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn 'has a chance' to flip 4-star Texas A&M commit

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

AUBURN | Four-star defensive tackle 

is committed to Texas A&M, has been since June. But Walker’s recruitment isn’t over. Not yet.

Walker, from Smyrna, Tenn., visited Auburn last weekend and is considering returning once more before December’s Signing Day.

“I’ve been talking to the (Auburn) coaches a lot,” Walker said. “I still have three officials left and one will probably be to (Auburn).”

zfrvffhfn06pnhpnuxze

Walker attended the Auburn-Georgia game Saturday night. It was his first game inside Jordan-Hare Stadium.

“It was a good game,” Walker said. “I really like the environment, the gameday environment. The crowd goes crazy. I like how the players fight. They don’t give up. I like their team and I like their coaching staff.” 

NATIONAL
r is a big reason Walker continues to have interest in Auburn. So is the Tigers’ need next year for defensive linemen.

“Coach G is a great coach. He’s very wise,” Walker said. “I really like all the coaches. They told me they are losing a couple of guys and it’s a big need to fill their spots. They think I’m the perfect guy to do it.”

Walker could return to Auburn for the Iron Bowl.

“I’m thinking about it,” he said. “I’m trying to. I like the environment at Auburn. It feels pretty real here. I don’t see anything fake.

“Auburn has a chance. They just have to show me something better than A&M.”

Rivals ranks Walker, who is 6-foot-4 and 305 pounds, the No. 29 defensive tackle in 2020 and the No. 11 recruit in Tennessee.

17 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Sizz!!! I had no idea you were such a big crutin fan!!! I thought you were just a Chandler Morris fan! lol. Good to see! QB is the position I pay attention to at least under Gus. IT IS A MUST to keep re stacking that Defensive talent!! Handoffs and bubble screens is no bueno right?! hahaha.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Sizz!!! I had no idea you were such a big crutin fan!!! I thought you were just a Chandler Morris fan! lol. Good to see! QB is the position I pay attention to at least under Gus. IT IS A MUST to keep re stacking that Defensive talent!! Handoffs and bubble screens is no bueno right?! hahaha.

Yeah I’m big into recruiting. Most of my posts come from this side of the forum.

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Yeah I’m big into recruiting. Most of my posts come from this side of the forum.

hahahahha OOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I just never noticed MUHHHHHHHHHHH BAD!!!!

Just wanted to apologize to you all for not doing more for this thread. A combination of 16 hour workdays plus the apathy of dealing with Auburn’s current program just kind of zaps it out of you unfortunately. After the super 7 I will have more time to get y’all updated on what’s going on with numbers and targets. Thank you for your patience

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Just wanted to apologize to you all for not doing more for this thread. A combination of 16 hour workdays plus the apathy of dealing with Auburn’s current program just kind of zaps it out of you unfortunately. After the super 7 I will have more time to get y’all updated on what’s going on with numbers and targets. Thank you for your patience

No apology necessary, E. Thanks for all you do, brother.

12 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

With the Missouri and Arkansas programs a shambles now, are there any Oline or Dline commits we might flip or get to transfer?

@Tigger1985 Arky only has 6 total commits in their class & 0 on the OL. Mizzou has 3 OL commits, all 3*s. AU offered 1 of them a long time ago. Don't think AU is interested in him anymore.

On the DL AU is in great shape & in a good spot to land 1 or 2 more from their own targets list. AU offered 1 Arky DL commit but has many others higher on the board. No interest in any Mizzou DL commits.

8 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

With the Missouri and Arkansas programs a shambles now, are there any Oline or Dline commits we might flip or get to transfer?

And now Ole Miss fired Luke. Jeez, programs are in shambles

9 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

With Luke out at Ole Miss, will any of their commits be on Auburn's radar and does it improve chances with any uncommitted players?

It could help us with their best commit Eric Reed but I think we have at least 2 CBs higher on our board & we are only taking 1 more. As for uncommitted targets it could help us with McKinnley Jackson & may Jeremiah Pegues. New coaches sometimes bring in renewed recruiting energy though.

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Mizzou has 3 OL commits, all 3*s. AU offered 1 of them a long time ago. Don't think AU is interested in him anymore.

Follow up here @Tigger1985. The player's name is Jalen St John & he decommitted from Mizzou yesterday. AU along with Tennessee, Penn St., Miss St., Zona St. Minnesota, & Indiana all called immediately expressing interest.

If we subtract Cohen, we have 20 commits and get 5 more this year I assume. So maybe this ?

DL- 2, Rodney comes through at the end like he always does with quality commits he had in his back pocket.

DB- 1, likely George

OL- 1 

BA- 1, best available

Where are we on those last 5 guys ?

Archived