2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carnell said:

Anyone have a visitor list for Saturday or know where I can find one.

I believe @ellitor mentioned he would post this weekend's list today or tomorrow on the recruiting side of the forum. 

FWIW I posted in the recruiting thread a day or so ago that a list & thread will be made Friday when AU gives out the list to the recruiting websites. Any list on those sites now is info they gathered on their own & is behind their pay walls so they can’t be posted here. There should be a list available between 2 & 4 tomorrow generates from the university..

Was it Morris's buddy that we pulled the offer for because of a clandestine trip to Knoxville? Guessing that even further diminishes the likelihood of a successful poaching. Sigh. 

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Was it Morris's buddy that we pulled the offer for because of a clandestine trip to Knoxville? Guessing that even further diminishes the likelihood of a successful poaching. Sigh. 

The center from Grayson?

37 minutes ago, fredst said:

I thought about Warrior after I posted

I remember waking up mad early on NSD because I swore we were gonna pull him haha

Ignont just left the team. If we’re still interested. 

I just hope we’re blowing BJ Ojulari up right now. No harm, no foul. Just come sign with us. 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Ignont, Nigel Warrior, and Morris to name a few off the top of my head

Also Ojulari, Ramel Keyton, JJ Peterson, Dominick Wood-Anderson, & Jerome Carvin. That's just in the Pruitt era. Ignont & Warrior were under the prior UT staff.

17 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

If we’re still interested. 

We're not. We Gucci at LB despite what Mikey says.

18 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I just hope we’re blowing BJ Ojulari up right now. No harm, no foul. Just come sign with us. 

He's VOL IN as long as Pruitt stays & even then he may stick.

@ellitor Are we back on Desmond Tisdol? I read somewhere that he was expected to be on campus for a visit this weekend I believe. If we are, are we thinking of him for Buck? That would indicate our staff doesn't feel good about Webb and we already missed on BJ. Thoughts or explanations?

4 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I remember waking up mad early on NSD because I swore we were gonna pull him haha

I wanted badly for us to get him.....mainly to have an enforcer on the back end named Warrior, lol

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Are we back on Desmond Tisdol?

We are technically staying lukewarm on him in case something were to happen with a current commit. Nothing imminent in particular. Just safe-quarding.

are we thinking of him for Buck?

No. Between him & our current commits Simpson is the only one that could potentially be seen as a Buck but the staff has no plans to put Simpson there as of now.

That would indicate our staff doesn't feel good about Webb and we already missed on BJ. Thoughts or explanations?

Yes Webb is the top Buck target. After him it's Romello Height who is committed to Miami. BJ is All Vol & may continue to be even if Pruitt got canned.

On Tisdol he clearly loves AU & there doesn't appear to be a #2 for him. Given in our staff's minds we are full at LB in this class I'm hoping Tisdol would be willing to Grayshirt & wait to enroll in January of 2021 so we can then take him & count him to the 2021 class.

With respect, I know what Ojulari is saying right now, but if the staff gets fired, all bets are off. I bet we're staying in close touch.

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

On Tisdol he clearly loves AU & there doesn't appear to be a #2 for him. Given in our staff's minds we are full at LB in this class I'm hoping Tisdol would be willing to Grayshirt & wait to enroll in January of 2021 so we can then take him & count him to the 2021 class.

That would be cool if we could get him to grayshirt but I don’t see him loving Auburn that much to do something like that. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

We are technically staying lukewarm on him in case something were to happen with a current commit. Nothing imminent in particular. Just safe-quarding.

No. Between him & our current commits Simpson is the only one that could potentially be seen as a Buck but the staff has no plans to put Simpson there as of now.

Yes Webb is the top Buck target. After him it's Romello Height who is committed to Miami. BJ is All Vol & may continue to be even if Pruitt got canned.

Thanks E. I am glad we are still recruiting him. I can't believe we wouldn't take his commitment. I know we were full but man he is a stud. I get it though. Simpson would make a mean buck I think. With his quickness and get off...I would like it. He has a good size and frame to fill out too. Man...Our LB corps is looking stacked. We still haven't seen K.brown or OC Brothers play yet. 

31 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

With respect, I know what Ojulari is saying right now, but if the staff gets fired, all bets are off. I bet we're staying in close touch.

We are staying in touch but it's about more than just what Ojulari may be saying. His family is VOL IN too.

30 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

That would be cool if we could get him to grayshirt but I don’t see him loving Auburn that much to do something like that. 

Maybe not but Jarez Parks did it for Bama a couple years ago so it's possible.

Archived