2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Must be the JUCO DT Banks, he’s the only uncommitted guy there

I would think it is way more than a guy who doesn't even have a commitable to AU at this point!!! Hahaha 

I'm calling it now,  Broderick Jones to the good guys on Wednesday.  If we sign him and Flax along with 1-2 of the other JUCO OTs this will be the best OL class Grimes (and the rest of the staff assisting him) has pulled.  Need to keep doing it every year.

5 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm calling it now,  Broderick Jones to the good guys on Wednesday.  If we sign him and Flax along with 1-2 of the other JUCO OTs this will be the best OL class Grimes (and the rest of the staff assisting him) has pulled.  Need to keep doing it every year.

To commit on ENSD? Because he's not signing till February unfortunately.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

To commit on ENSD? Because he's not signing till February unfortunately.

We'll see.  I like the chatter I'm hearing.

19 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

If we get him, I wouldn't expect a signing from him until February. 

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The y’all are welcome tells me it’s someone they’ve been tweeting at. Broderick has been a popular guy on Twitter 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Don’t get your hopes up

Agreed, just something to talk about right now 

So I checked out the UGA 247 boards. They seem very concerned we will flip Broderick Jones but it feels like they are trolling us to me.

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 12/16/19)
On 9/11/2018 at 1:46 PM, ellitor said:

OL 1-2
5* Broderick Jones - (UGA): AU trying to get traction: may be tough w/ UGA landing Matt Luke: Febrary Signee
3* #1 Juco OT Jeremy Flax - AU UK battle, Early Signee & Enrollee, Has 3 to play 3
3* OT Jordan Williams - GT commit AU monitoring & may be working to flip

Obviously Bro Jones would be a tremendous get but if we miss on him, miss on Flax, and we already lost Cohen things are looking admittedly frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Obviously Bro Jones would be a tremendous get but if we miss on him, miss on Flax, and we already lost Cohen things are looking admittedly frustrating.

True but gotta think that would make AU an attractive spot for GT OTs that will emerge after the bowl season.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

True but gotta think that would make AU an attractive spot for GT OTs that will emerge after the bowl season.

Very true. It's nice to have the contingency but stinks to fall to your 3rd/4th/5th plan lol.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:11 AM, ellitor said:

How a team does at a position in the draft doesn't necessarily translate to that team getting commits at that position for the initial class within a few months after the draft, nor should that be an expectation. Also because early PT is available it doesn't mean kids will commit earlier to a school. With all the transferring going on most teams have early PT available. Kids will commit on their own time. EEs don't have to commit til January (although most do by December) & the rest don't usually sign in February if they haven't already.

I'm no worried about our rivals or who's on their board but of the small number of kids we are willing to take they just aren't ready to commit yet & that's fine.

Nope. Great evaluator, which was invaluable, but once he identified guys then we sent Woodson on the hunt to do the recruiting.

See Ellitor I told you not to worry about DB recruiting this cycle...

...ok maybe it was the other way around, I forget...

6 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

If we can land Jackson and Hardy this will be the most balanced class Gus has signed since 2013, imo.  

It's already more so. We had no OTs in that class & have 2 in this one.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's already more so. We had no OTs in that class & have 2 in this one.

I wasn't so much comparing it to that class, just saying it's the most balance one Gus will have signed if we add some quality DTs.

So if I understand the roster numbers correctly, we believe the staff has a hard-cap of 25-signees leaving 1-2 spots open for potential Grad Transfers? Since those spots are counted back from last year, is this a case of "Use it or lose it"?

If so, we should expect those spots to be filled if at all possible, correct?

31 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

So if I understand the roster numbers correctly, we believe the staff has a hard-cap of 25-signees leaving 1-2 spots open for potential Grad Transfers? Since those spots are counted back from last year, is this a case of "Use it or lose it"?

If so, we should expect those spots to be filled if at all possible, correct?

We have 27 open slots available. Any not used by the end of the later signing period can be held over for next year. The two "use it or lose it" slots will be assigned to two of the early enrolees so there's no danger of us losing a slot.

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I wasn't so much comparing it to that class, just saying it's the most balance one Gus will have signed if we add some quality DTs.

Even if we only add Hardy still expect DFA & Zyke Walker to play some DT too.

Archived