2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Disagree. While there’s a glaring need for a new OLC, the turnaround time wouldn’t be near as long. We need aggressive/athletic maulers on the line (something we haven’t had in a couple years), and the guys waiting in the ranks are believed to be that. Our OL will be addition by subtraction next year. I expect there to be a noticeable difference next season. 

The only way I see this happening is if the JUCOs pan out at nearly a 100% rate.  I hope you're right though as they'll be the difference in 4-5 losses or 1-3.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

The only way I see this happening is if the JUCOs pan out at nearly a 100% rate.  I hope you're right though as they'll be the difference in 4-5 losses or 1-3.

I expect Troxell, KJones, and Bro-Hamm to take steps forward. 

If Broderick actually comes here, it’s huge for the future of the line. 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

So if we did get Broderick to commit and Zierer comes back healthy, how many LT’s would we have? Like 4?

Sounds like that’s what we call “quality depth” Siz. 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Sounds like that’s what we call “quality depth” Siz. 

Yep that’s something we’ve been needing for a long time

6 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Even if we made the change today it would take 3 seasons to get our OL back to where it needs to be. 

That's not a definite. The talent that likely will start the next couple years, at least on paper, is better than what we've had the past couple years

4 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

@dyehardfanAU They don't have to pan out at 100%. 3 positions are likely filled with Brahms at C & Bro-Hamm & Keiondre Jones expected to start at RT & RG respectively. That would leave at most 2 positions but more than likely just 1 for our Juco OTs. They will have to beat out a recovering but talented Trox at LT.

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

So if we did get Broderick to commit and Zierer comes back healthy, how many LT’s would we have? Like 4?

Not sure we would immediately put Bro-Jones at LT. He could begin his career at RT. Big Z & Trox are the only ones I've seen so far to be competing at LT in the Fall. Coffey may too. I just haven't seen that reported yet.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure we would immediately put Bro-Jones at LT. He could begin his career at RT. Big Z & Trox are the only ones I've seen so far to be competing at LT in the Fall. Coffey may too. I just haven't seen that reported yet.

Because of size or need? Or some other reason?

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Because of size or need? Or some other reason?

No. Even though it has happened that a true frosh starts at LT, more often their careers begin at RT. With that said if Bro-Hamm does indeed lock down RT & we land Bro-Jones & he's one of the 2 or 3 best LTs off the bat then that likely will be his position.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No. Even though it has happened that a true frosh starts at LT, more often their careers begin at RT. With that said if Bro-Hamm does indeed lock down RT & we land Bro-Jones & he's one of the 2 or 3 best LTs off the bat then that likely will be his position.

Either way, it doesn’t hurt to have that type depth at the tackle position. Something we haven’t had in awhile. 

7 hours ago, fredst said:

I thought we were counting on Bill Taylor to step in at LT🤔......?

He's too valuable to put there. Didn't you see what almost happened because Taylor was injured and didn't play in the bowl game?

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

He's too valuable to put there. Didn't you see what almost happened because Taylor was injured and didn't play in the bowl game?

I think it was a longstanding joke and was not serious.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If you know it’s a joke then why Sheldon in reply?

Repeat in English please. I have no idea what a Sheldon is, or why he/it is in this conversation.

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I have no idea what a Sheldon is, or why he/it is in this conversation.

Sheldon deals strictly in logic and facts.

Checks out.

28 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Repeat in English please. I have no idea what a Sheldon is, or why he/it is in this conversation.

Sheldon is from The Big Bang Theory.  He doesn't understand sarcasm but is incredibly smart.  It is a really funny show once you understand the humor of it.  Kind of like The Office, you have to understand the humor first.  Fun Fact for those that watched The Big Bang Theory:  The producers hire scientists to make sure everything they talk about or write down is factually correct.  The actress who plays Amy is actually as neuroscientist.  Here are some scenes with Sheldon:

And my favorite scene of all time with him:

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Are you being serious or facetious? I know the post you responded to was joking, but not sure if you were. We do need a good long snapper like BT to stay healthy because it was almost disastrous.

11 minutes ago, toddc said:

Are you being serious or facetious? I know the post you responded to was joking, but not sure if you were. We do need a good long snapper like BT to stay healthy because it was almost disastrous.

He's trying to pretend that he's in on a joke that he's not in on. 

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Sheldon is from The Big Bang Theory.  He doesn't understand sarcasm but is incredibly smart.  It is a really funny show once you understand the humor of it.  Kind of like The Office, you have to understand the humor first.  Fun Fact for those that watched The Big Bang Theory:  The producers hire scientists to make sure everything they talk about or write down is factually correct.  The actress who plays Amy is actually as neuroscientist.  Here are some scenes with Sheldon:

And my favorite scene of all time with him:

Lol this is just going to fly over Mike's head. He is just going to mumble something that is totally irrelevant to the subject matter in his oscar the grouch like demeanor and then be on his merry way to his daily routine of gazing all starry eyed in to the eyes of Gus as he starts his rewatch of all of Malzahns press conferences from this season!!!! hahaha.

51 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol this is just going to fly over Mike's head. He is just going to mumble something that is totally irrelevant to the subject manner in his oscar the grouch like demeanor and then be on his merry way to his daily routine of gazing all starry eyed in to the eyes of Gus as he starts his rewatch of all of Malzahns press conferences this year!!!! hahaha.

Bill Taylor approves of (and laughs at) this message

Archived