2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

3 hours ago, fredst said:

Bill Taylor approves of (and laughs at) this message

If only Bill Taylor, the elite LS and OL, could’ve been healthy. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, toddc said:

Are you being serious or facetious? I know the post you responded to was joking, but not sure if you were. We do need a good long snapper like BT to stay healthy because it was almost disastrous.

The last serious post I made on the OL-depth Long Snapper subject was in 2018 when certain posters said we didn't have 18 scholarship offensive linemen. So I posted an accurate list of the 18. Apparently some never got over it and for some reason they find a need to bring up the source of their embarrassment from time to time. Some form of CYA I suppose. Anyway, to answer your question, every post I've made on the subject since then has been tongue-in-cheek, though I must admit I was smiling so much that I bit my tongue a few times. Ain't they a hoot?

22 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Sheldon is from The Big Bang Theory.  He doesn't understand sarcasm but is incredibly smart.  It is a really funny show once you understand the humor of it.  Kind of like The Office, you have to understand the humor first.  Fun Fact for those that watched The Big Bang Theory:  The producers hire scientists to make sure everything they talk about or write down is factually correct.  The actress who plays Amy is actually as neuroscientist.  Here are some scenes with Sheldon:

And my favorite scene of all time with him:

No offense to those of you who enjoy this sitcom, but I have attempted to watch this several times and just don't find it to be funny at all.

After reading this I went looking he is a graduate 6'7" 318 pounds and they say he is a legit NFL Prospect. If we were interested and he wanted to come it would be for one year.  With Zirer recovering from an Injury it might be worth a look.

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Just saw where Devin Cochran has entered the transfer portal. Think AU goes after him? He’s a big dude and would probably play immediately 

@AuburnTiger4Life No word yet on Auburn interest in him. Will let you know if that changes.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Welp Sipposs just left. Guess is Punter Evan McGuire gets a scholly now.

Maybe....or they make a move on the SMU punter in the portal and ask Evan to walk-on or greyshirt.

26 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Maybe....or they make a move on the SMU punter in the portal and ask Evan to walk-on or greyshirt.

Probably have to offer Evan a scholly to land him now that he has a full ride offer from Georgia St.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Probably have to offer Evan a scholly to land him now that he has a full ride offer from Georgia St.

Hmm, true, true. He certainly has other options as well. I don't think he's a legit option at punter at the cfb level, more of a placekicker/kickoff guy. 

16 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Hey, this guy is one up on Siposs. Sackville has thrown a TD pass!

On 1/6/2020 at 10:43 PM, Mikey said:

The last serious post I made on the OL-depth Long Snapper subject was in 2018 when certain posters said we didn't have 18 scholarship offensive linemen. So I posted an accurate list of the 18. Apparently some never got over it and for some reason they find a need to bring up the source of their embarrassment from time to time. Some form of CYA I suppose. Anyway, to answer your question, every post I've made on the subject since then has been tongue-in-cheek, though I must admit I was smiling so much that I bit my tongue a few times. Ain't they a hoot?

You argued we had 18 scholarship OL?  Hah.

5 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

You argued we had 18 scholarship OL?  Hah.

Yes I did. And we did. Someone demanded that I list them. Much to their shock and displeasure I provided the list. We did indeed have 18 scholarship O-linemen. Hah.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yes I did. And we did. Someone demanded that I list them. Much to their shock and displeasure I provided the list. We did indeed have 18 scholarship O-linemen. Hah.

Can I see that list?  

13 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Can I see that list?  

Yes you can. It's very simple, really. Just get a 2018 roster, compare it to a list of 2018 scholarship players, identify and count those that are offensive linemen. You will find 18, or 3.6 deep for the five positions. If that's not enough exercise for you, follow the same process for the 2019 roster, report back and tell us how much over three-deep for the five positions were were this past year. Of course, I already know how many over three-deep we were on the O-line in both years and know who the players are but if I simply tell you the answer I'll deprive you of the feeling of accomplishment that comes from successfully doing your own work.

Justin Ferguson just wrote an in-depth article on The Athletic showing we’re we stand at each position. It’s a good read if you’re a member. Not sure how much I can put on here and not get in trouble, but I will say he has 16 offensive lineman listed with one unsigned commit (Jonathan Buskey).  

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yes you can. It's very simple, really. Just get a 2018 roster, compare it to a list of 2018 scholarship players, identify and count those that are offensive linemen. You will find 18, or 3.6 deep for the five positions. If that's not enough exercise for you, follow the same process for the 2019 roster, report back and tell us how much over three-deep for the five positions were were this past year. Of course, I already know how many over three-deep we were on the O-line in both years and know who the players are but if I simply tell you the answer I'll deprive you of the feeling of accomplishment that comes from successfully doing your own work.

After watching the Sheldon clips above, when I read this post, I  couldn't help but hear it in my head as if Sheldon were saying it.  Hilarious!

37 minutes ago, bigbird said:

3.6 per position...skill sets, body types, and abilities be damned!

Hell. He might as well count me. I am a security Guard and can be Offensive when provoked.

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

3.6 per position...skill sets, body types, and abilities be damned!

Yes, absolutely. The (erroneous) statement was made that we didn't have that many scholarship O-line players. I proved that we did. Arm length or how their mama's biscuits taste were not part of the conversation.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hell. He might as well count me. I am a security Guard and can be Offensive when provoked.

No, you don't count. You aren't on a football scholarship at Auburn.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yes, absolutely. The (erroneous) statement was made that we didn't have that many scholarship O-line players. I proved that we did. Arm length or how their mama's biscuits taste were not part of the conversation.

It was about depth. You're trying to say centers and long snappers can play tackle and that's BS. Your 3.6 per position is a mind numbing stance.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

No, you don't count. You aren't on a football scholarship at Auburn.

That's weird because you counted walk-ons on your list

On 1/12/2020 at 11:55 PM, Mikey said:

3.6 scholarship players per position you say?

Archived