2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/11/2018 at 4:12 PM, Zeek said:

Some kids that have early interest according to 247, like E said though it doesn't mean a whole lot this early:

4* Dual Threat QB Robby Ashford from Hoover, AL

4* Running Back Daijun Edwards from Moultrie, GA

4* Running Back Roydell Williams from Hueytown, AL

3* Wide Receiver Eddie Williams from Phenix City, AL

4* Offensive Tackle Tate Ratledge from Rome, GA

4* Offensive Tackle Bryn Tucker from Knoxville, TN

5* Strong-Side Defensive End Myles Murphy from Powder Springs, GA

4* Strong-Side Defensive End Andy Boykin from Lagrange, GA (committed and uncommitted from us already but might still be in the fold)

3* Defensive Tackle Eric Taylor from Trussville, AL

4* Outside Linebacker Cameron Riley from Evergreen, AL

4* Athlete Enzo Jennings from Oak Park, MI

Out of these, I really like Ashford and Roydell Williams. Eddie Williams is also rather underrated and would be a good steal in this class.

I think one factor that may tilt Ashford in our direction over UGA is baseball. I think we clearly have the better program and Butch is a super recruiter and one of the top  baseball coaches in the SEC.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:01 PM, doc4aday said:

I think one factor that may tilt Ashford in our direction over UGA is baseball. I think we clearly have the better program and Butch is a super recruiter and one of the top  baseball coaches in the SEC.

Baseball may be a wash. UGA was really good last year also. Looks like the UGA QB depth chart has them in the lead right now.

This sounds intriguing.

Christian Academy of Louisville's John Young offered by Georgia and Auburn

John Young has had a busy Friday. He announced offers from Georgia and Auburn this afternoon and it appears these new opportunities have made things complicated for what looked like a recruitment in clear focus of five to six schools.

Last time we spoke, Young gave an unofficial top five but since then he has determined that was premature and he is giving a seriously look to all new programs who are interested in him.

The new interest does not however, affect his plans to choose and announce his school on July 6th, which is his 18th Birthday.

"The new interest from these great schools is exciting and humbling. I want to get down to Auburn and Georgia and meet the coaches and see those campuses but I have set a date for my decision and when that date comes I'm done, it's over," expressed Young. "I plan on taking my official visits this Spring and shutting it down on July 6th, that's what I've decided and I'm going to stick to that."

Georgia's offensive line coach Sam Pittman reached out to Young today and extended an offer.

"Coach Pittman told me he watched my film for the first time today," said Young.

"I don't know what took so long but I knew we had to offer you right away," that's Young quoting Pittman.

While Young posted the Georgia offer before the Auburn offer, he gave a behind the scenes look at how both schools approached him and divulged that Auburn actually offered him first.

"Georgia wanted me to visit March second but I already had plans to visit Auburn. I wanted to wait to get to Auburn and get a picture with the coaches before announcing their offer. But when Georgia offered me today I decided to just posted them both today," confessed Young. "Honestly who offered first isn't a big deal, I'm just excited to get down to both schools because they're great programs and I'm obviously pumped they think I'm good enough to play for them."

While Sam Pittman is Young's point man from Georgia, Auburn's offensive line coach JB Grimes is Young's main recruiter from Auburn.

"My guy at Auburn is JB Grimes he's the offensive line coach there. He told me that I have the frame and potential to be great at Auburn and wants the chance to coach me to the next level. It's humbling to hear that," said Young.

Georgia and Auburn have not had a traditional presence in Kentucky, they have recently offered four quarterback Beau Allen and from Lexington Catholic and four-star athlete Vito Tisdale from Bowling Green. Young was the first 2020 Kentucky prospect to receive an offer from Auburn in his class, and the first Kentucky prospect to receive an Auburn offer since Landon Young in the class of 2016.

"I understand that Kentucky is an under recruited state and some of these schools don't have a coach who is in charge of Kentucky so when one of these schools like Georgia or Auburn reach out I'm humbled and honored to be recognized," said Young.

Both schools have expressed interest in Young at tackle and Young is receptive to that but isn't apposed to moving inside in the SEC.

Other schools still in the mix for Young are Kentucky, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Louisville, and surprisingly North Carolina. Young is set visit UNC on March 9th.

"I love coach (Lonnie) Galloway," professed Young.

Galloway was formerly an assistant offensive coordinator and wide receiver's coach at Louisville and has history with the four-star offensive tackle prospect.

"Coach Galloway is cool, he's always been my guy. He was the one from the old Louisville coaches to offer me and he's one of the few coaches who have actually seen me play in person," said Young. "I'm going to go down there and visit Chapel Hill on the ninth, I'll probably visit Georgia shortly after that."

Dave's deliberations:

What looked like a condensed battle between Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State has now expanded. Young says that both Auburn and Georgia will be given serious consideration as well as North Carolina. If you ask me I think Kentucky is uncomfortably in the driver seat here with Georgia and Auburn on their back bumper with Louisville and the Big Ten schools fading in the rearview. Young's recruitment once had a Big Ten flavor but it appears that the new offers from the SEC have cleansed his palate and things won't come into focus until he takes his official visits in the coming months.

LOL coach steele!!!! 

1 minute ago, AlaskanFAN said:

84900CA6-EDB4-43AA-9DF3-466F7F7C22C2.jpeg

those rat bastards.....well looks like we’re gonna have a fight on our hands for this guy!

Kids really seem to like the University of Auburn more than AU these days :[

For what it’s worth we are expected to have a better public grasp of what the staff is looking at on the DB board after next weekend. It’s the second big Junior Day for the 2020 class.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For what it’s worth we are expected to have a better public grasp of what the staff is looking at on the DB board after next weekend. It’s the second big Junior Day for the 2020 class.

Safety:

2 sr

2 so

With signing a few tweeners  last year, I'd say we're looking at a 2-3 safety class.

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Safety:

2 sr

2 so

With signing a few tweeners  last year, I'd say we're looking at a 2-3 safety class.

Cool. I was meaning more on the end of names popping up  of which there hasn’t been many yet. 

Nice class so far 2 OL, 2, WR, 2DL, 1 LB good balance Offense and Defense and all seem to be really good players 4 4* and 3 3* and I believe all the 3* have potential to be 4* as year progresses.

Class of 2020 position-by-position preview: Running backs

Quwohh8z5kfge0tkm35t

Cartavious "Tank" Bigsby visited Auburn last week.
Rivals.com

31 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

So the Tank Bigsby kid isn't on this list.  Does that mean we are not pursuing him?

Yes he is @LKEEL75. LOL He's on there twice. Tank is is just a nickname. Rivals doesn't use nicknames on their profiles.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:32 AM, Roos said:

Any word on Omari Porter, DB, I think is Larry Porters son? is he a take? 

On 2/19/2019 at 11:46 AM, ellitor said:

Would require having an AU offer which he doesn't have.

He is really starting to pick up some strong offers.   Michigan and KY to name a couple.  

On 2/20/2019 at 10:45 PM, ellitor said:

Not exactly a flattering picture of Malzahn if you ask me :moon: 🌫️🌫️.    🤣

Archived