Null



Sign in to follow this  
ellitor

2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 9/11/19)

Recommended Posts

Format & some info gathered from AUSportsNerd. He does great work & writes for CollegeandMag.com. If you are on twitter give him a follow.

Offers | Class Calculator

Recruiters: P = Primary, S = Secondary

2020 Commits
4* RB Tank Bigsby - 247 | Rivals | Highlights: P Rodney Garner S Cadillac Williams
4* WR Kobe Hudson - 247 | Rivals | Highlights: P Rodney Garner S Kodi Burns
4* WR JJ Evans - 247 | Rivals | Highlights:  P Kodi Burns S Kenny Dillingham
4* WR Ze'Vian Capers - 247 | Rivals | Highlights:  P Wesley McGriff S Kodi Burns
4* OT Javion Cohen - 247 | Rivals | Highlights:  P Kodi Burns S Kenny Dillingham
4* LB Trenton Simpson - 247 | Rivals | Highlights: P Travis Williams
4* LB Cam Riley - 247 | Rivals | Highlights:  P Kevin Steele S Travis Williams
4* LB Wesley Stiener - 247 | Rivals | Highlights: P Kenny Dillingham S Travis Williams
4* Juco CB Marco Domio -247 | Rivals | Highlights: P Marcus Woodson
4* S Chris Thompson Jr. - 247 | Rivals | Highlights: P Wesley McGriff
3* QB Chayil Garnett - 247 | Rivals | Highlights:  P Kenny Dillingham
3* WR Elijah Canion - 247 | Rivals | Highlights:  P Larry Porter S Kodi Burns
3* Juco OT Jonathan Buskey - 247 | Rivals | Highlights:  P Kenny Dillingham S J.B. Grimes
3* Juco OT Kilian Zierer - 247 | Rivals | Highlights:  P Kenny Dillingham S J.B. Grimes
3* OT/OG Jeremiah Wright - 247 | Rivals | Highlights: P J.B. Grimes
3* OG Tate Johnson - 247 | Rivals | Highlights:  P Rodney Garner S J.B. Grimes
3* OG Avery Jernigan - 247 | Rivals | Highlights:  P J.B. Grimes S Kenny Dillingham
3* DL Daniel Foster-Allen - 247 | Rivals | Highlights:  P Kevin Steele S Rodney Garner

Bold means updated notes on a recruit

Names To Know

QB

RB

WR

TE
5* Arik Gilbert - Monster recruit. UGA & Vols getting most buzz.
5* Darnell Washington - AU a real factor but may trail Bama & UGA
4* Jeremiah Pegues - Has become a major target. Visited for BCW. AU appears to lead

OL
3* Juco Brenden Coffey - May not be an EE & that has some schools slowing on him

DL
4* DT McKinnley Jackson - Visited AU multiple times & expected back soon. Most buzz with LSU, Bama, Rebels, & Miss St. also factors.
4* SDE Andy Boykin - Former AU commit. AU is leading again
4*DE  Zykeivous Walker - Physically impressive. AU heavy in the mix but UGA may lead.
4* DT Jay Hardy - Recently offered & visited AU
4* DT Nazir Stackhouse - UGA commit but has visited AU more times than UGA

BUCK
4* Phillip Webb - Shaping up as an AU/Bama battle
4* BJ Ojulari - Committed to Vols but rough season could open the door for AU

LB
4* Desmond Tisdol - AU full at LB

DB
4* CB Kendall Dennis - AU & Vols lead. Early PT at AU is big seller. Teammate of QB commit Chayil Garnett
4* Juco CB Brian George - #3 Juco CB, Visited for BCW & Picnic, AU-Gators or AU-Miami battle
3* CB/S Sidney Williams - AU leads big. Vols & LSU also in the mix. Bama & Clemson will be contenders if they offer.
3* Jamie Vance - Arkansas plans to visit AU for the July cookout
3* CB Jamorri Colson - Top 3 with Vols & SCe. Will OV.
4* S Ladarius Tennison - AU may lead Miami & Gators. Former Miami commit

Other Recruiting Notes

Class Ranks
Composite
247 only
ESPN (Will add 2020 team rankings link when ESPN posts it.)
Rivals

Recruiting Calendar
Recruiting Calendars FAQ

Quote

What is a contact?
A contact occurs any time a college coach says more than hello during a face-to-face contact with a college-bound student-athlete or his or her parents off the college’s campus.

What is a contact period?
During a contact period a college coach may have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, watch student-athletes compete and visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents.

What is an evaluation period?
During an evaluation period a college coach may watch college-bound student-athletes compete, visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents. However, a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents off the college’s campus during an evaluation period.

What is a quiet period?
During a quiet period, a college coach may only have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents on the college’s campus. A coach may not watch student-athletes compete (unless a competition occurs on the college’s campus) or visit their high schools. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student-athletes or their parents during this time.

What is a dead period?
During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

Different color shirting explained

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Some kids that have early interest according to 247, like E said though it doesn't mean a whole lot this early:

4* Dual Threat QB Robby Ashford from Hoover, AL

4* Running Back Daijun Edwards from Moultrie, GA

4* Running Back Roydell Williams from Hueytown, AL

3* Wide Receiver Eddie Williams from Phenix City, AL

4* Offensive Tackle Tate Ratledge from Rome, GA

4* Offensive Tackle Bryn Tucker from Knoxville, TN

5* Strong-Side Defensive End Myles Murphy from Powder Springs, GA

4* Strong-Side Defensive End Andy Boykin from Lagrange, GA (committed and uncommitted from us already but might still be in the fold)

3* Defensive Tackle Eric Taylor from Trussville, AL

4* Outside Linebacker Cameron Riley from Evergreen, AL

4* Athlete Enzo Jennings from Oak Park, MI

  

Out of these, I really like Ashford and Roydell Williams. Eddie Williams is also rather underrated and would be a good steal in this class.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Some kids that have early interest according to 247, like E said though it doesn't mean a whole lot this early:

4* Dual Threat QB Robby Ashford from Hoover, AL

4* Running Back Daijun Edwards from Moultrie, GA

4* Running Back Roydell Williams from Hueytown, AL

3* Wide Receiver Eddie Williams from Phenix City, AL

4* Offensive Tackle Tate Ratledge from Rome, GA

4* Offensive Tackle Bryn Tucker from Knoxville, TN

5* Strong-Side Defensive End Myles Murphy from Powder Springs, GA

4* Strong-Side Defensive End Andy Boykin from Lagrange, GA (committed and uncommitted from us already but might still be in the fold)

3* Defensive Tackle Eric Taylor from Trussville, AL

4* Outside Linebacker Cameron Riley from Evergreen, AL

4* Athlete Enzo Jennings from Oak Park, MI

  

Out of these, I really like Ashford and Roydell Williams. Eddie Williams is also rather underrated and would be a good steal in this class.

Adding this to the OP...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ellitor said:

Yup! Was going to add him & create a thread on him soon.

He's a stud.  

Also the Taylor kid from HT has a lot of developing to do.  Has good size but doesn't appear very strong for his size he still has 2 years though so maybe he can develop.  Definitely big and athletic enough to keep an eye on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, corchjay said:

Running back 

I want him for the name alone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, sure when corchjay says Tank Bigsby everybody chimes in but when I said it a couple weeks ago, crickets! J/k Glad corch is keeping track of this kid.

There is a 9th grader at Valley High to keep an eye on. B. J. Baker is running all over teams so far this year. @corchjay I havent seen him play but he seems like a good one from what I'm hearing.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Oh yeah, sure when corchjay says Tank Bigsby everybody chimes in but when I said it a couple weeks ago, crickets! J/k Glad corch is keeping track of this kid.

There is a 9th grader at Valley High to keep an eye on. B. J. Baker is running all over teams so far this year. @corchjay I havent seen him play but he seems like a good one from what I'm hearing.

I got dat skreet cred

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Oh yeah, sure when corchjay says Tank Bigsby everybody chimes in but when I said it a couple weeks ago, crickets! 

With due respect, when you posted about Tank there wasn't any AU buzz with him in terms of publicly reported. There is now. Lol

I hope AU hammers down hard on Tank, especially since UGA & Dell McGee hasn't made a push yet. I want to get a big of a lead on them as possible before they potentially come calling.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ellitor said:

With due respect, when you posted about Tank there wasn't any AU buzz with him in terms of publicly reported. There is now. Lol

I hope AU hammers down hard on Tank, especially since UGA & Dell McGee hasn't made a push yet. I want to get a big of a lead on them as possible before they potentially come calling.

I had never heard of him until Opelika played Callaway and he was running all over a team that usually has a pretty good defense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

I had never heard of him until Opelika played Callaway and he was running all over a team that usually has a pretty good defense. 

I hadn't either. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eddiewilliams.PNG

This would be Eddie Williams from Central High School. It's a VIP article but it was pretty easy to find the 2020 wide receiver from central high school on our offer list. Stated before that he's extremely underrated and would be a steal before other teams really catch on to how good he is. Clemson lead according to Crystal Balls (CB) but it's very early and always nice when momma is impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Zeek said:

Clemson lead according to Crystal Balls

That doesn't bode well for us especially at the WR position.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, fredst said:

That doesn't bode well for us especially at the WR position.....

Quite honestly, there's no reason we should *ever* beat Clemson straight up for a WR. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Quite honestly, there's no reason we should *ever* beat Clemson straight up for a WR. 

clemson.png

I can think of a reason not to go to Clemson...lol

Edited by Zeek
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think we would need balls of steel instead of crystal balls. Just an observation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Auburn needs to hammer hard and pull Dell McGhee away from Georgia's staff.

A new & refreshing post...

4ce.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 2:09 PM, augolf1716 said:

Football not BB

This is the same guy who calls people stupid if you get a day mixed up....you can't make this up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this