2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

48 minutes ago, Roos said:

Do we have any chance with Issiah Walker the big OT from the Miami area? 

he just de-committed from SCe

Not sure. Brenden Coffey and Jeremiah Wright are probably higher on the staff’s board anyway.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good I think Coffey and Wright are good choices. 

better than being way out on a limb with Walker

I love recruiting season. The highs and the lows, the impatience, the letdowns, the anticipation, the woe is me, the back and forth of why we are not getting these recruits, the BOOM'S when we land one, the signing day surprises, CRG ALWAYS getting good recruits, and the breakdown. 

Thanks for the fun read and keeping this Auburn junkie fixed up during the off season. Less than 2 months until kick off!!

War Eagle!

WE GOT DUDES DECOMMITTING FROM ALL STAR GAMES NOW AND FLIPPING TO ANOTHER ONE!!!!! lol 

erer.gif

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WE GOT DUDES DECOMMITTING FROM ALL STAR GAMES NOW AND FLIPPING TO ANOTHER ONE!!!!! lol 

A handful do it every year FWIW.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

A handful do it every year FWIW.

E WORK WITH ME AND LOOF HERE!!! HAVE SOME FUN WITH IT!!!! lol

On 7/6/2019 at 9:49 PM, War to the Eagle said:

Would gladly burn a football scholly to get SC.

I concur. Not sure we'll get a fball commit until closer to school year starting. 

21 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Not sure we'll get a fball commit until closer to school year starting. 

My bet is someone pops at or near the time of the recruiting picnic in a couple weeks.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My bet is someone pops at or near the time of the recruiting picnic in a couple weeks.

I think you mentioned that the earlier signing day has changed the pacing of things, as one would expect. But I also hope that the big surge we saw this past month was somewhat intentional on the part of the staff. I don't recall us ever seeing so much impact and momentum for a full month starting with BCW. Is that my imagination? Anyway, we obviously can't sustain that all summer, but I do hope we can take advantage of that momentum and maintain a pace that keeps our name at the forefront. 

Or maybe that's just a made-up thing and doesn't really make much of a difference. Maybe it just feels good for fans to not have to wait too long between commits. 

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is that my imagination

Not sure. Tag me later on it and I’ll look into the past five years to see if there is anything similar. I’m about to go see Annabelle and Child’s Play now.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure. Tag me later on it and I’ll look into the past five years to see if there is anything similar. I’m about to go see Annabelle and Child’s Play now.

Woot! Enjoy! Damn I would love nothing more on these hot and humid days than to sit in an air conditioned movie theater all afternoon. 

20 minutes ago, Roos said:

Are we still pursuing James Robinson OL from Montgomery, AL? 

Yes but Tennessee is trending. Not sure how old we are pushing given we are in good spots for Coffey and Wright.

Get Wright and Coffee to commit and that would be our best O-line class in an awful long time. With a good balance of JC players who could start in 2020 and other players who we would have time to develop.

Land those two and hit an unexpected home run with Chris Morris. Having two JUCO tackles, two HS tackles, and two HS interior players would give us flexibility to go after a stud who can fit multiple spots on the OL. Morris looks like that kind of prospect, would love to see us hard sell him with the hay in the barn. 

58 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Land those two and hit an unexpected home run with Chris Morris. Having two JUCO tackles, two HS tackles, and two HS interior players would give us flexibility to go after a stud who can fit multiple spots on the OL. Morris looks like that kind of prospect, would love to see us hard sell him with the hay in the barn. 

We may or may not take a 7th OL FWIW.

Oh I know. Need six. Then we can shoot for a top tier guy or bust. I’d be happy with Coffey, Buskey, Cohen, Wright, Jernigan, and Johnson. But if you put Morris with that group it’s fantastic. 

Archived