2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You're such a jerk...

...Bring me a plate?

I'd rather have a bowl. 😁

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd rather have a bowl. 😁

I knew you Texans were particular about your bbq but... but... but I'm not getting your joke and now I'm really feeling self conscious.

Looks like AU is in a good spot with what's left on the board combined with what they have committed.   Lots of players who come from the red clay areas

QB - done, got a good one

RB* - Tank, Toafili, Roydell,    (Get 1)

WR* - done   (EJ an x factor)  

TE* - Pegues

OL - Get 2 of Coffey, Bass, Wright, Robinson . (some would throw in Dumerville, Morris, Omari as options)

DT - Mckinley, Dmarjhe, Nazir, The Hardy Boys

DE/Buck - Webb, Donnel, Olujari, Walker, Boykin, Sings .    (Between the options at DT and DE have to feel good of RG pulling 4 of those)

LB -  Tisdol    (Great position to be in here)

CB - Dennis, Vance, Colson, Pouncey,  the Juco guys

S - Rashad Torrance,  Eric Reed, Javier Morton, Tennison . (Similar to the DL,  getting 4 out of the names here at CB and S is very doable)

*  ATH -   These are 4 recruits that would be pivotal in helping shape the class.  The versatility each brings gives you some wiggle room at multiple positions and comes in handy when you are limited to 25.  At least we were taught to recruit like that.  Along the lines of a Karlos Dansby...  Could be WR, TE, LB, S.     (Should mention that this is just based on the E's list and what film is available.   Have no idea about grades or if they are a team fit etc.) .  

Jaheim Bell - Not mentioned much by AU sources.  Not sure why exactly.  Should be a priority recruit.  Could play WR, Hback, TE, RB.  Would not lose any sleep taking him over Tank at RB even or him over EJ at WR

Pegues - TE, Hback, but would love to see him at DT

Eric Shaw - WR, TE, Hback, Buck, DE, LB, S prospect

Tennison - Should throw him in here too.    RB, KR, S, Nickel

1 hour ago, TKO55 said:

Jaheim Bell - Not mentioned much by AU sources.  Not sure why exactly.  Should be a priority recruit.

@TKO55 Not being mentioned by AU sources because he wants to be WR only. If he was open to playing DB, which is where AU likes him, then he would be on lists & talked about more. As you noted above we are done at WR barring EJ Williams wanting in.

If AU offers this kicker he will be getting a thread...

Thompson kicker on Auburn's radar, visiting this weekend

Nyr19cwz5tlcnuiqvjzp

Thompson kicker Evan McGuire with Auburn special teams analyst Jonathan Rutledge.

Auburn hasn’t offered a kicker in the 2020 class, but that could change soon.

Thompson kicker Evan McGuire was a standout at Auburn’s kicking camp June 10 and will be back on campus this weekend for an unofficial visit.

McGuire, who is ranked the No. 1 placekicker by One On One Kicking and a five-star and No. 10 kicker by Kohl’s, is scheduled to be in Auburn Friday and stay until Saturday.

“I’ll walk around, tour the campus and meet with the coaches,” McGuire said.

McGuire has been in contact with special teams analyst Jonathan Rutledge. He’s also spoken with special teams coach Larry Porter.

“They said they are always looking (for a kicker) and said I am one of their top recruits there,” McGuire said.

Should Auburn extend an offer, it would all but end McGuire’s recruitment.

“Honestly, it probably would. It would be very exciting,” McGuire said. “I would say I’m an Auburn fan. I’ve been to a lot of games. My mom is an alum and my sister goes there now.”

McGuire has offers from Army and Campbell and interest from Oklahoma State, Mississippi State, Louisville and Memphis, among others. He doubles as a kicker and punter for Thompson and could do the same in college.

“Auburn is recruiting me as a combo (kicker/punter),” McGuire said.

McGuire’s longest in-game field goal is 49 yards. His personal best in a non-game situation is 60 yards. He was one of only two Class of 2020 kickers this summer to hit all field goal attempts during the 2019 National Kohl’s Showcase Tour.

Evan, who is left-footed, is 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nyr19cwz5tlcnuiqvjzp

1) That picture looks totally fake and photoshoped
2) the video did not load correctly...

8 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

It's not.

8 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Embedded & plays correctly for me. Any suggestions @TitanTiger or @stoic-one?

44 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Working for me.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

It’ll probably be wise if we offered. Siposs is a junior right? So if we offered he said he’d go ahead and commit so that’ll sure up our future punting

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

It’ll probably be wise if we offered. Siposs is a junior right? So if we offered he said he’d go ahead and commit so that’ll sure up our future punting

TBH I like him better as a KO & FG kicker. His punt average was 37 yards.

That left foot would drive me nuts when lining up for a kick lol

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That left foot would drive me nuts when lining up for a kick lol

I'm used to it. This was my childhood favorite kicker...

maxresdefault.jpg

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah I seen that. But in the highlights it looks like he couldn’t load up like he wanted to. Every single punt looked like it was almost blocked

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Both work for me as well.  Perhaps an ad blocker is messing with it?

IDK. I turned my adblock on & it still worked.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

With his size and hard work he can easily had 5-6 yards to his punting average. My youngest son plays Rugby and his punting improved dramatically between his junior and senior years and has gotten even better as he has gotten older. A good coach will help the average so with a Redshirt year he might be a great punter. 

11 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Yeah I seen that. But in the highlights it looks like he couldn’t load up like he wanted to. Every single punt looked like it was almost blocked

Yeah. I don't put too much stock in average punting distance. Especially in high school. 

I'm glad we're taking a kicker this year. Personally, I'd like using a scholarship on a kicker every other year.

The lack of a DB commit gives me a little heartburn, but everything I've heard about our position for Pouncey is great. I like Kendall Dennis. Personally, I hope we come back to Sidney Williams. He has the length to play CB or Safety. The CB/S spots feel like we need to start making some hay, but it also feels like it could tip the same way LB did, where we land the first one and have three within a month.

6 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'm glad we're taking a kicker this year

Not a definite yet that we are.

So the big thing concerning us is where does Phillip Webb end up this weekend. AU, LSU, Bama, & FSU all trying to get him to visit.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So the big thing concerning us is where does Phillip Webb end up this weekend. AU, LSU, Bama, & FSU all trying to get him to visit.

Keith posted that article today. Apparently Webb said he has no leader at this time. If we can get him on campus, that would be so clutch. 

19 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Keith posted that article today. Apparently Webb said he has no leader at this time. If we can get him on campus, that would be so clutch. 

I know. Despite what he said publicly LSU may still be leading.

Archived