2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

I deleted my post. Sorry about that.

No worries. I would have moved it to the football forum but wasn't sure which current thread it fit with. lol

It's a post that can greatly derail a thread. Thanks for your understanding.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Not concerned about rush end/buck?

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No

In terms of recruiting for this class I agree with Bird. We are in a good spot to land 1 of BJ Ojulari or Phillip Webb & may get both.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

In terms of recruiting for this class I agree with Bird. We are in a good spot to land 1 of BJ Ojulari or Phillip Webb & may get both.

If we land both I'll definitely agree with the both of you.  Just pulling in 1 of the 2 would be good but not great at the position, imo.  It's one of our biggest needs, again imo.

12 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

If we land both I'll definitely agree with the both of you.  Just pulling in 1 of the 2 would be good but not great at the position, imo.  It's one of our biggest needs, again imo.

Derek Hall and Colby Wooden make it less important to me for this class

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Derek Hall and Colby Wooden make it less important to me for this class

Fair point, and maybe I'm just gun shy, but with the lack of results from previous recruits I really want to see us keep the pipeline of WDE/Buck recruits flowing.  It's a position that has been a weak point too often in the past, putting our secondary in a bind at times.

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

Fair point, and maybe I'm just gun shy, but with the lack of results from previous recruits I really want to see us keep the pipeline of WDE/Buck recruits flowing.  It's a position that has been a weak point to often in the past. 

I can see that. For me, the depth at DT is just more of a concern for me.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm not arguing that at all.  We definitely need DTs in this class and wouldn't even mind adding a JuCo at the position if they were good enough.

It says in 247 that he & his family visited FSU last Tuesday before the dead period began. 

he has 5 CB"s all to FSU. 

looks like he is locked in with FSU. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Did Phillip Webb ever visit Auburn last week?

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

With you on the depth, however RG typically pulls a couple rabbits out of his hat. 

27 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

With you on the depth, however RG typically pulls a couple rabbits out of his hat. 

I feel like the more we say this one of these years it will come back and bite us in the ass. So for now I will knock on wood just to be safe. 

r.gif

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

This is the recruiting forum & the 2020 class recruiting thread. Let's keep Gus's on field decisions & issues in the football forum unless those decisions are affecting recruiting. Right now it doesn't appear to be a factor with recruiting.

Gus’s staff continues to retool the program despite what the Gus is running the program into the ground and lame duck recruiting truthers have proclaimed in exclamation point and GIF form. 

Paydirt time for our coaches, players, and our recruits. 

9 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Did Phillip Webb ever visit Auburn last week?

No but his recruitment is somewhat open again so that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Just now, ellitor said:

No but his recruitment is somewhat open again so that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Who is this year’s Ledarrius Cox?

You know...the guy consistently  pegged to our recruiting class but in the end doesn’t make it. 

I predict Pegasus 

Diamond-Painting-Horse-Flying-The-Horse-

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hoping there isn't one.

As do I. I feel like he could’ve already committed though and he is apparently eating himself out of tbe TE position if he’s 280 pounds. 

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Gus’s staff continues to retool the program despite what the Gus is running the program into the ground and lame duck recruiting truthers have proclaimed in exclamation point and GIF form. 

DA79FE1E-FFE7-4D0D-AF4B-88B83EF3C31A.gif

Since we are thin at DT, would the staff consider moving A Jackson or T Manning back to DT? 

or are we too thin on the OL to think about it? 

20 minutes ago, Roos said:

Since we are thin at DT, would the staff consider moving A Jackson or T Manning back to DT? 

or are we too thin on the OL to think about it? 

DT is deeper than the Marianas Trench compared to OL.

Archived