2020 Recruiting Thread (OP Update 1/30/19)

ellitor

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

That’s not a good sign. 

Maybe. Maybe not. It’s been known at least on the pay sites for a while that Auburn was going to sign at least one juco DT.

1 hour ago, WarEagle2423 said:

That’s not a good sign. 

I agree. "First P5 offer" leaves me underwhelmed. It's not necessarily terrible I suppose, he could be one of those diamond in the rough guys. Or not. There isn't a whole lot of SEC-level talent that goes un noticed these days.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

I agree. "First P5 offer" leaves me underwhelmed. It's not necessarily terrible I suppose, he could be one of those diamond in the rough guys. Or not. There isn't a whole lot of SEC-level talent that goes un noticed these days.

That's definitely a fair assessment but the staff has known for a good while they where going to try to get a juco or GT DT. Also he had no college offers out of high school. It's possible he is just now starting to blossom. He's gotten 40 lbs bigger in under 2 years & the weight looks pretty good on him. Lastly, to play devil's advocate we were DJ Williams 1st P5 offer last year & at the end of the cycle some regarded him as one of the top 5 RBs in the class so diamond in the rough is definitely possible.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:29 PM, ellitor said:

I'm used to it. This was my childhood favorite kicker...

maxresdefault.jpg

the Great Dane! I remember him being the first to kick, and make, 3 50+ yarders in the same game. Nice weapon to have.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

That's definitely a fair assessment but the staff has known for a good while they where going to try to get a juco or GT DT. Also he had no college offers out of high school. It's possible he is just now starting to blossom. He's gotten 40 lbs bigger in under 2 years & the weight looks pretty good on him. Lastly, to play devil's advocate we were DJ Williams 1st P5 offer last year & at the end of the cycle some regarded him as one of the top 5 RBs in the class so diamond in the rough is definitely possible.

Whitlow wasn’t highly recruited if I’m not mistaken (I know he had offers) and I’m sure a lot of people thought Daniel Thomas wouldn’t amount to much either after he was signed at the last second but here we are....

Makes me think of Devaroe Lawrence's recruitment. IIRC, he was an unknown out of Georgia Military with very little interest from any other P5 (or even FBS?) schools. Ended up being probably the strongest dude in our DL rotation, provided awesome depth, and is starting to make a little noise in camp at Cleveland. 

That's a big leap from almost no info. Just kind of made me think of another athletic, under-recruited JUCO DL that we unearthed seemingly out of nowhere. 

Guys like Burks who were not shown a lot of love have a chip on their shoulder once they get a chance. That often leads to great work ethic and a player who gets better every year and every game. The fact he has added that much solid weight in a short time speaks volumes on how hard he is trying  to improve.

2021 OT Savion Byrd.

I am tickled that he will be at the game. It will be a hard pull to get him out of Texas. A great showing Saturday sure wouldn't hurt.

5 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am tickled that he will be at the game. It will be a hard pull to get him out of Texas. A great showing Saturday sure wouldn't hurt.

Same school as safety commit Chris Thompson.

Please sweat baby Jesus let us develop a pipeline to Duncanville!

Lots of drama happening in Knoxville right now, and most likely will escalate during the week and down the road. I was wondering if UT has any potentials that we would be interested in?....Its about to get ugly there with the next loss

19 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Hearing bad things about Brian George maybe?

Not necessarily. Per Jason Caldwell George has gone quiet since his AU OV. That tends to make programs look in other directions for protection.

I thought you might like this @bigbird!

Eric Reed. Ole Miss commit.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:45 PM, WarEagle2423 said:

That’s not a good sign. 

Auburn was the first P5 to offer DJ Williams also.

Remember: he was App State bound until they saw his film, then everybody jumped on board.

On 8/29/2019 at 6:39 PM, bigbird said:

Same school as safety commit Chris Thompson.

Please sweat baby Jesus let us develop a pipeline to Duncanville!

That would be equivalent to any single Miami program IMO.   Probably moreso.   If we build a pipeline with Duncanville, we get more credibility in one of the hottest, most concentrated collections of D1 talent in the country (Dallas- Ft Worth).  

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Not familiar with that emoji. Anyone want to help a brother out?

It's kinda like a flag. He's saying he's touched down in Auburn for a visit

Archived