2020 4* QB Robby Ashford

ellitor

Just bad timing, you'd be crazy to commit a year or two behind Bo here, he beat Bo head to head though. He probably thinks he could do it in his mind but I'm sure people have told him no think about what you're doing

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Just bad timing, you'd be crazy to commit one year behind Bo here, he beat Bo head to head though. He probably thinks he could do it in his mind but I'm sure people have told him no think about what you're doing

To add to this Robbie's decision is also a baseball one. With AU & UGA baseball both being on the upswing the QB depth chart may be the difference maker. UGA has fromm, 3 walk ons, & a low 4* committed. If Fromm goes pro after next season Robby could compete for QB1 as a True Frosh. If Fromm stays for his SR year then Robby could compete for QB1 as a RS Fresh. Quite a bit longer line at AU than UGA ATM. I still want him even if he doesn't pan out as a QB because of his baseball potential.

19 hours ago, bg5 said:

I don't think it is a bad thing and my best guess is we lead for him. I know the coaching staff wants him but right now I don't. I'm not sure the attitude can be coached out of him. Its for sure not going to get better at Hoover next year.

We did lead but the performance of AU on the field opened things up again. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Just bad timing, you'd be crazy to commit a year or two behind Bo here, he beat Bo head to head though. He probably thinks he could do it in his mind but I'm sure people have told him no think about what you're doing

Bo’s talent compared to Hoover’s is vastly different. George Pickens can make anybody look good.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Bo’s talent compared to Hoover’s is vastly different. George Pickens can make anybody look good.

Reminds me of Johnny Manzell and Mike Evans. It turns out Mike Evans made Johnny Football look better even though he was a great talent. Ashford without Pickens may not look nearly as good.

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Sooo Bo looks good on the recruiting circuit just because of Pickens? Bo was also a senior and this guy was 15 but if you want him to not be good so be it. Sure tricked alot of d1 schools somehow

50 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Sooo Bo looks good on the recruiting circuit just because of Pickens? Bo was also a senior and this guy was 15 but if you want him to not be good so be it. Sure tricked alot of d1 schools somehow

I think he was talking about Ashford looking good because of GP and Bo didn't have a GP. Think I'm right there.

15 minutes ago, bg5 said:

I think he was talking about Ashford looking good because of GP and Bo didn't have a GP. Think I'm right there.

Yes and I'm making the point that Bo has benefited alot with GP himself, plus being a younger player he did more than enough to hold his own

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Yes and I'm making the point that Bo has benefited alot with GP himself, plus being a younger player he did more than enough to hold his own

Bo won the state championship without Pickens. 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Bo won the state championship without Pickens. 

The state championship! So Bo does everything by himself but other people need people? Ok. I'm just not going to believe that just anybody can run out and play QB. I'm not going to believe being a 15 year old starting your first game you beat and put up decent numbers against a team that won the state championship means nothing and he's horrible. I'm going to believe if he's actually horrible D1 team scouts wouldn't have been after him. I'm going to believe during up close evaluations somebody would say he's not good. That's just me. I know he's no Bo

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The state championship! So Bo does everything by himself but other people need people? Ok. I'm just not going to believe that just anybody can run out and play QB. I'm not going to believe being a 15 year old starting your first game you beat and put up decent numbers against a team that won the state championship means nothing and he's horrible. I'm going to believe if he's actually horrible D1 team scouts wouldn't have been after him. I'm going to believe during up close evaluations somebody would say he's not good. That's just me. I know he's no Bo

No one said he was horrible nor did I say his win against Pinson Valley wasn’t impressive. I just think any viable QB could look good with George Pickens. 

4 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

No one said he was horrible nor did I say his win against Pinson Valley wasn’t impressive. I just think any viable QB could look good with George Pickens. 

Ok you said you don't think he's impressiveI used the wrong adjective. And you seem to have a problem saying he beat Bo when they went head to head

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think PValley is 6A

So why are we talking such a big talent difference between schools?

59 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So why are we talking such a big talent difference between schools?

I'm not in this discussion other than to point out in this state there is a huge difference between the 7A teams & elite 6A teams. Thinking more on it Pinson while winning the 6A title probably at most could beat no more than 3 of the top 10 7A teams & there are only 32 teams in 7A. The 2 levels aren't comparable right now.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm not in this discussion other than to point out in this state there is a huge difference between the 7A teams & elite 6A teams. Thinking more on it Pinson while winning the 6A title probably at most could beat no more than 3 of the top 10 7A teams & there are only 32 teams in 7A. The 2 levels aren't comparable right now.

They're more comparable than 4A to 7A. And also in logic it makes me think why Hoover should even play, take this discussion Hoover qb isn't impressive....Bo is fantastic. Now if Bo had won he has even a greater story if he gets beat it's where it is now. That was my point as far as Pickens on Bo's teams during the recruiting process, if Pickens makes anybody looks good then does that mean alot of his evaluation is just boosted?

And lastly I remember watching Hoover play Florence in the playoffs, when Hoover was I guess I want say prime but at a very strong point and Florence had recently just been combined to become a 6A at the time....on paper it shouldn't have been a game and they weren't supposed to be comparable. I don't think they had any D1 players on the team, maybe one Southward played for troy and he was a very good player for them....but sometimes it isn't that way. That's why we play the games as they say. I imagine a super gifted player at the most important position could make some things happen. But I've always been a firm believer if you get the credit you can get some of the blame as well. Just personally how I view things

29 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They're more comparable than 4A to 7A. And also in logic it makes me think why Hoover should even play, take this discussion Hoover qb isn't impressive....Bo is fantastic. Now if Bo had won he has even a greater story if he gets beat it's where it is now. That was my point as far as Pickens on Bo's teams during the recruiting process, if Pickens makes anybody looks good then does that mean alot of his evaluation is just boosted?

And lastly I remember watching Hoover play Florence in the playoffs, when Hoover was I guess I want say prime but at a very strong point and Florence had recently just been combined to become a 6A at the time....on paper it shouldn't have been a game and they weren't supposed to be comparable. I don't think they had any D1 players on the team, maybe one Southward played for troy and he was a very good player for them....but sometimes it isn't that way. That's why we play the games as they say. I imagine a super gifted player at the most important position could make some things happen. But I've always been a firm believer if you get the credit you can get some of the blame as well. Just personally how I view things

I don't think most are downing RA as you appear to be interpreting posts in the discussion. For example I don't think posts like "George can make any QB look good" means nor implies RA is not good on his own nor implies nor means RA does not deserve credit for his abilities or stats he has put up. It's just been factual for the past 2 years or so than any QB working with George has benefited from it.

The main criticism I have seen on RA is his attitude. I won't touch that because I don't know the kid nor have seen him enough to have an opinion on that.

Just now, ellitor said:

I don't think most are downing RA as you appear to be interpreting posts in the discussion. For example I don't think posts like "George can make any QB look good" means nor implies RA is not good on his own nor implies nor means RA does not deserve credit for his abilities or stats he has put up. It's just been factual for the past 2 years or so than any QB working with George has benefited from it.

The main criticism I have seen on RA is his attitude. I won't touch that because I don't know the kid nor have seen him enough to have an opinion on that.

Well I actually just stated bad timing to come but he went head up with the best QB in state and won, didn't freeze up. Then the stuff you mentioned come up and it wasn't that stuff but prior in the thread I saw that the person who took offense to my post said he isn't all that impressive. I take that as a down, maybe most don't but I think we can all agree it's not praise. Me suggesting that Bo received some rewards from Pickens seemed to rub people the wrong way as well seemed like they didn't want that attached to the other QB but as you statedany QB in the last two years benefited from him. But it's all good I feel you. Thanks

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Ok you said you don't think he's impressiveI used the wrong adjective. And you seem to have a problem saying he beat Bo when they went head to head

You’re interpretation of my posts is so off and almost seems like you’re implying something that I feel a certain way about something that isn’t there. No one is taking offense to your posts nor do I have a problem saying Ashford beat Bo head to head with vastly better talent. But continue making wild misinterpretations of my posts if you want.

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thanks E, this is literally what I said and what I meant. 

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

You’re interpretation of my posts is so off and almost seems like you’re implying something that I feel a certain way about something that isn’t there. No one is taking offense to your posts nor do I have a problem saying Ashford beat Bo head to head with vastly better talent. But continue making wild misinterpretations of my posts if you want.

Thanks E, this is literally what I said and what I meant. 

Man I don't care if e didn't read all your posts and said that. You quote me then want to play victim...if you didn't take offense or I guess I should say feel so strong you had to disagree when I wasn't talking to you what do you call it? you even did your passive aggressive stuff with the vastly better talent. Fact is he lost, and truth be told it's not all that vast....he plays on a freaking team that won state....but I know he did it for his team this guy isn't impressive he rode along 😂

On 1/2/2019 at 2:22 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Think he probably lands at UGA but to be honest he’s not that impressive. JMO.

But these are your words you find the person that can interpret that different that what you said....and you tell me how this means "

I'm going to wait it out and people will forget this post and I'm going to say Bo isn't impressive imo and we'll watch the reaction I get and see if people see that as downing or this implies or.... means RA does deserve credit for his abilities or stats he has put up....

OK E said what you really meant...😂 I told e I was done so good talk!

Ok. enough about comparing Ashford to Nix. Let's talk about something real important.

What is it with the Yellow Hoover player socks?

Their colors having nothing yellow in them, and they definitely don't meld w/ the Hoover colors.

Archived