2020 4* QB Robby Ashford

ellitor

My difference between the two is that one seems to be a real leader and the other at this point just does not have that attribute. RA has the better overall skill set but gets really down when things don't go his way and loses his cool which takes away from the skill set. In my opinion if you swapped Bo for RA Hoover would have won the State championship last year. Both are very good QB's. RA is a much better runner and probably has a stronger arm. Bo is the better leader and is more accurate. The good news for RA is he has another year of High School to work on things.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m excited to see Bo so it’s hard to get excited about another QB right now but he definitely should weigh all options before committing, and I would talk with Fields prior to buying what Kirby is selling. It’s becoming pretty obvious that Kirby’s skill set as a coach is only based on the talent level of the team. Saban will take his lunch money until he retires it seems. 

1 hour ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

I’m excited to see Bo so it’s hard to get excited about another QB right now but he definitely should weigh all options before committing, and I would talk with Fields prior to buying what Kirby is selling. It’s becoming pretty obvious that Kirby’s skill set as a coach is only based on the talent level of the team. Saban will take his lunch money until he retires it seems. 

Fields though he should have been starting over Fromm. That is the real reason he is leaving uga. If Fields were the starter none of what that baseball player said would have ever come up. Gave Fields a good "out" and maybe not make him have to sit out a year. 

37 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Fields though he should have been starting over Fromm. That is the real reason he is leaving uga. If Fields were the starter none of what that baseball player said would have ever come up. Gave Fields a good "out" and maybe not make him have to sit out a year. 

Maybe Kirby promised more playing time to get Fields on campus ? That’s why you talk to him not all the bs being bantered around.

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I can guarantee he will not have to sit out. NCAA does not want to go there with what the dumbass baseball player said

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I can guarantee he will not have to sit out. NCAA does not want to go there with what the dumbass baseball player said

But they will be starting a terrible precedent.    If everyone could transfer because of what some idiot says (or types) my goodness 

10 minutes ago, lala said:

But they will be starting a terrible precedent.    If everyone could transfer because of what some idiot says (or types) my goodness 

Free Agency in College Football is coming should Fields be granted a waiver.

Curt Flood of CFB.

15 minutes ago, lala said:

Understand......... jmo 

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Couldn’t agree more. No way the NCAA would want to contest this in this day and age. I personally think it’s BS but I haven’t been in Fields’ position. Smart move by him to use that idiot’ behavior to gain immediate eligibility. But, him and Martell on the same team.....damn, that ain’t fair.

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Couldn’t agree more. No way the NCAA would want to contest this in this day and age. I personally think it’s BS but I haven’t been in Fields’ position. Smart move by him to use that idiot’ behavior to gain immediate eligibility. But, him and Martell on the same team.....damn, that ain’t fair.

Rich get richer

36 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Understand......... jmo 

my wife and I had a debate about it earlier today.    Curious to see how this unfolds as it will have a big impact on transfers going further.   

6 hours ago, lala said:

my wife and I had a debate about it earlier today.    Curious to see how this unfolds as it will have a big impact on transfers going further.   

Well get her on here. There's a shortage of ladies voices on the board.

3 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

If Fields was so upset by the comments, why finish out the semester?

SHHH! Please don't use logic when someone is making a case to the NCAA to play immediately.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

SHHH! Please don't use logic when someone is making a case to the NCAA to play immediately.

Was that E using sarcasm? Well done!

This Ashford kid seems like a talent. Does AU lead for his signature now?

I must throw in my opinion again that any QB playing for us will need to seriously learn how to run for his life unless our OL recruiting gets a ton better. This is a very frustrating thing for me right now because I believe a team is only as good as the OL and DL quality it has.

3 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

This Ashford kid seems like a talent. Does AU lead for his signature now?

Guess is UGA leads due to QB depth chart.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Guess is UGA leads due to QB depth chart.

Interesting. Not sure he is a good fit for a pro style offense. Sure would be depressing to lose Fields then Ashford to UGA when the fit with AU is better. He could end up like Fields and transfer after a year or two. If he comes to AU, I seriously doubt he will transfer. 

Time will tell. JMO.

On 1/6/2019 at 7:35 PM, JFDTiger80 said:

Interesting. Not sure he is a good fit for a pro style offense. Sure would be depressing to lose Fields then Ashford to UGA when the fit with AU is better. He could end up like Fields and transfer after a year or two. If he comes to AU, I seriously doubt he will transfer. 

Time will tell. JMO.

Yeah I see the 247 crystal ball has 100% UGA. Cant say I understand in the least why Dwags are the clear leader. What has Kirby proven he can do with a dual threat qb besides run one off? I also really cant understand why Gus seems to have a problem closing these elite dual threats. He needs em. Hopefully he can get this kid. 

2 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

I also really cant understand why Gus seems to have a problem closing these elite dual threats.

He's got two now in Bo and JG.....can't see why another would want to come in as part of the same class. ...and not sure Ashford is in the "elite" classification anyway. ...would prefer to have him for baseball from what I hear. .

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

He's got two now in Bo and JG.....can't see why another would want to come in as part of the same class. ...and not sure Ashford is in the "elite" classification anyway. ...would prefer to have him for baseball from what I hear. .

Remains to be seen if Bo will be a true dual QB in college. I think they will run him enough just to keep teams honest instead of as a weapon a la Cam & Nick.

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Remains to be seen if Bo will be a true dual QB in college. I think they will run him enough just to keep teams honest instead of as a weapon a la Cam & Nick.

I figured that but see him as being more mobile than JS which would be a good thing..  JMO but if JS had more willingness to run, the offense would have been less predictable.    Hopefully BN will we equal or better passer and more poise in the pocket and willing/able to run often enough to keep defenses from ignoring his fakes. 

Archived