2020 4* QB Robby Ashford

ellitor

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ole Miss is not a bad place for a kid planning to play football & baseball. They have a good baseball program.

In your opinion E, why have we missed out on two recruits that can play both baseball and football?  I figured we would be the destination for that with our baseball program on the rise.  Those were a bit of a shock to me, although I understand if Auburn was the one that cooled on Robby.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

In your opinion E, why have we missed out on two recruits that can play both baseball and football?  I figured we would be the destination for that with our baseball program on the rise.  Those were a bit of a shock to me, although I understand if Auburn was the one that cooled on Robby.

AU stopped recruiting Robbie when Chip left as stated a page or 2 back. Who is the other recruit you are talking about.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

AU stopped recruiting Robbie when Chip left as stated a page or 2 back. Who is the other recruit you are talking about.

The LSU commit who played DB I believe.  The name is alluding me at the moment.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The LSU commit who played DB I believe.  The name is alluding me at the moment.

Maurice Hampton from the last class. A couple things. 1. LSU is a college baseball blue blood. 2. He committed to LSU 2 full years before AU ever got involved in his recruitment. AU never stood much of a chance on him.

• 2 months later...

Even though I don’t like Hoover I want to wish Robbie Ashford the best in terms of recovery. He fractured an ankle in Hoover’s game versus Thompson. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:12 AM, ellitor said:

Even though I don’t like Hoover I want to wish Robbie Ashford the best in terms of recovery. He fractured an ankle in Hoover’s game versus Thompson. 

Well I love Hoover but in the long run even though I think Hover will lose a few games with Robbie out this may be the best thing for the team. Robbie has a real attitude. His body language on the field is terrible when anything goes bad and being a leader it brings the rest of the team down. Hoover could be eliminated from the playoffs by the time he gets back.   

4 hours ago, bg5 said:

Robbie has a real attitude. His body language on the field is terrible when anything goes bad

You’ve posted this numerous times. Not sure this was the best time to repeat it given an injury just occurred. 

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, ellitor said:

You’ve posted this numerous times. Not sure this was the best time to repeat it given an injury just occurred. 

You are correct sometimes I forget these are just kids. It's frustrating to watch but criticizing during an injury is the wrong time to vent that. My bad!!!

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

Auburn needs to go get Robby Ashford and develop him. Because he plays baseball you could get him and he could still play football using the baseball scholarship.

That ship has sailed...........stop being auburn4ever II

37 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

Yeah today I opened up the talk for Robby Ashford and of course today he decommits from Ole Miss. Im a burner account.

It's a joke you aren't going to get newbie. Not really related you wanting Robbie so much.

1 minute ago, Mysticbear said:

I don't want Robby I just don't want to have to use a scholarship for 2 qbs and I feel like if we got Robby he would be a good back up and maybe eventual starter.

We'd still have to use a scholly on him as said earlier.

4 hours ago, fredst said:

Is Mystic a burner account for a4e?

Surely it has to be. Like he lost his password or something. 

10 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Surely it has to be. Like he lost his password or something. 

I know MysticBear and he is ok just coming on and trying to be provocative. Smart guy just trying to stir the pot. Definitely not in the A4E category.

4 hours ago, bg5 said:

I know MysticBear and he is ok just coming on and trying to be provocative. Smart guy just trying to stir the pot. Definitely not in the A4E category.

Gee....don't we have enough internal "pot stirrers" without having to import more from outside?

But, maybe after he's had his bit of fun, he can take a look at the Arky guy who is here frequently and a good contributor without being provocative......offering some pretty good insight,  IMO,  about other parts of the SEC.  

For example, would be interesting to know what's cooking at MSU and whether they are ready to drop to the bottom of the SEC?  

46 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Gee....don't we have enough internal "pot stirrers" without having to import more from outside?

But, maybe after he's had his bit of fun, he can take a look at the Arky guy who is here frequently and a good contributor without being provocative......offering some pretty good insight,  IMO,  about other parts of the SEC.  

For example, would be interesting to know what's cooking at MSU and whether they are ready to drop to the bottom of the SEC?  

Just FYI he is a big Auburn fan so not from outside. Probably better equipped to post on Basketball stuff than Football.

29 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Just FYI he is a big Auburn fan so not from outside. Probably better equipped to post on Basketball stuff than Football.

😀 OK..another internal pot stirrer huh..

Archived