Auburn lacks the respect it deserves

WFE12

The team showed no fire and no energy in the 1st qt. Some of the things I saw blew my mind. Missed assisgnments etc.. we scored 14 before the half and 7 in the second half.. just wasn’t good enough. We were not good enough to overcome ourselves. The penalties were ridiculous. Our front 7 is suppose to be elite but they were handled by the LSU offensive line who had one starter out.  It was a piss poor performance. Started the game bad and ended it bad.  Not one of our positions was better than LSUs today. The very sad part is that their QB was much better than ours. I expected more than that. Auburn hasn’t earned anyone’s respect.. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

The team showed no fire and no energy in the 1st qt. Some of the things I saw blew my mind. Missed assisgnments etc.. we scored 14 before the half and 7 in the second half.. just wasn’t good enough. We were not good enough to overcome ourselves. The penalties were ridiculous. Our front 7 is suppose to be elite but they were handled by the LSU offensive line who had one starter out.  It was a piss poor performance. Started the game bad and ended it bad.  Not one of our positions was better than LSUs today. The very sad part is that their QB was much better than ours. I expected more than that. Auburn hasn’t earned anyone’s respect.. 

Agree with most of this, but Burrows was not way better than Stidham.  At one stretch, Burrows had gone 6-for-23.  That's atrocious football.  Also, our front 7 completely shut down the run.  The pass rush left something to be desired though.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Agree with most of this, but Burrows was not way better than Stidham.  At one stretch, Burrows had gone 6-for-23.  That's atrocious football.  Also, our front 7 completely shut down the run.  The pass rush left something to be desired though.

and yet his coach kept the team in a position to win.   SMH

Been following Auburn football since 1980.  As stated by someone else in this thread, the only time we came close to annual respect was the 80's.  And that was simply due to the consistency.  The 1993, 2004, and 2010 teams were truly elite.  But overall no consistency for the past 30 years.

If you are an Auburn football fan, then you better get used to this.  Gus is a good 2nd tier college HC.  His tendency to win the occasional gigantic upset combined with the fact that there are virtually no great head coaches in the league right now will keep him employed at Auburn for the foreseeable future.

10 hours ago, AuMarine said:

^^^^ This sums the performance up nicely.  ^^^^

Both sides of the ball had good moments but bottom line is the Offensive Line sucks.  I'm not blaming Grimes as I'm guessing there's still too much CHH influence he's having to fight, but the line should be turning the corner by now.  Stidham would be fine if he could trust his line, as receivers ARE getting open but Stids is more worried about the pass rushers than the open receiver.  Boobee & Worm earned every yard they got, despite the Line.  

As for the Defense, it's easy to blame the DB's and Refs for the "timely" PI calls but the Vaunted front seven got ZERO pressure on the "inferior" LSU QB allowing for those PI opportunities to arise.  Burrow didn't have to be accurate as you could tell part of their strategy WAS to get PI calls....and it worked.  However, if there would have been sufficient pressure that strategy would not have worked.

Lastly, I will not call this a #ButGus game by any means, but the lack of fire and seeming preparation in the first quarter brought that to mind.  However, I put that more on the players as they just did not seem as fired up from the start as you would expect.  I mean, it's freaking LSU!  How do you NOT come out on fire?!?!

Unfortunately, now Arkansas is a "?" game.  Anybody who thinks it's an easy win now, does not know "Auburn Football" nor did they watch this game.  Bert's no longer at Arky, so even Gus doesn't have that "incentive" he's had the last few years.

They need to get both lines fixed Stat, or there's 3-4 more L's on the horizon.  

Sorry, hard to be positive after that crap-storm yesterday.

I’d argue they get more than they deserve. Only dropped 2 places in the AP poll after losing at home to a 10.5 underdog. Neither team should be top ten though. 

LSU has beaten 2 top 10 teams, both away from Baton Rouge. They “deserve” to get a top 10 ranking right now. We’ll see if they can sustain, it’s a long season.

Archived