Dixie 1860 Passes Away

AU-24

It is with a heavy heart, I let the Auburn Board know, upon request from the grieving family, that we lost a great Auburn man, from a great Auburn family the other day. Many of you on here know him, and were friends with him, as he used to post as Dixie 1860.

Hard for me to talk about these things, so I’ll say goodbye to my friend as he now watches Auburn from the best seat in God’s universe. Jay (Dixie) was all Orange and Blue!

I’ll post his obituary, and let you read more about him yourselfs.

Mods, please let this stay here for a few days then put in the appropriate place.

http://m.crowellbrothers.com/obituaries/wall?obituaryId=3280856

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay hadn't been in the best of health for awhile now, but his passing still came as a shock to those of us that came to know him well. You will be missed my friend, RIP Jay.

So sad to hear this. We don't know each other well, but we still feel it when one of the fam passes on. @Dixie1860, you will be missed by all! May God comfort your family and friends. You were way too young, but sometimes, God has other plans. Say "hi" to my mom and dad for me when the Greatest Auburn Club in the sky gets together. ?

May God bless his soul and bring peace and comfort to his family.  War Eagle and God bless!

Archived