Dixie 1860 Passes Away

AU-24

Some of us have known this very sad, unexpected news for awhile now and it came as a shock to us. Jay was a great guy and one of the best Auburn fans I have ever known. Thanks Jay, for all the PMs in our little group, the fun times and the comradery. Jay, you are truly missed my friend. War Eagle to you one last time. May God bring peace to Jay's family.

Rest In Peace

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Some of us have known this very sad, unexpected news for awhile now and it came as a shock to us. Jay was a great guy and one of the best Auburn fans I have ever known. Thanks Jay, for all the PMs in our little group, the fun times and the comradery. Jay, you are truly missed my friend. War Eagle to you one last time. May God bring peace to Jay's family.

Rest In Peace

Well said IM

May God Bless and comfort family and friends. One last War Eagle friend.......

I did not know him but I do remember reading his posts. He always seemed to know what he was talking about. RIP DIXIE 1860 and prays for your family.

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

It is with a heavy heart, I let the Auburn Board know, upon request from the grieving family, that we lost a great Auburn man, from a great Auburn family the other day. Many of you on here know him, and were friends with him, as he used to post as Dixie 1860.

Hard for me to talk about these things, so I’ll say goodbye to my friend as he now watches Auburn from the best seat in God’s universe. Jay (Dixie) was all Orange and Blue!

I’ll post his obituary, and let you read more about him yourselfs.

Mods, please let this stay here for a few days then put in the appropriate place.

http://m.crowellbrothers.com/obituaries/wall?obituaryId=3280856

Prayers for the family.  

God is good, so there’s an a aufamily forum in heaven for sure! See you there someday brother.

He used to post all the time. He has posted rarely in the last couple of years. He was really in to his AU recruiting and had very good takes. Rest in Peace, Jay. 

Praying that God holds his family in his hands and gives them comfort.

My favorite Bible verse is Isaiah 40:31:

But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;

they shall mount up with wings like eagles;

they shall run and not be weary;

they shall walk and not faint.

RIP Jay and War Eagle! My prayers and condolences to your family as they navigate this tough time.

RIP Jay and War Eagle!  My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.  Realized he's mys sisters age at only 48 years old.  So sorry for the loss.

Archived