California man arrested for trying to stab GOP House candidate

Auburnfan91

CBS NEWS September 12, 2018, 1:32 PM

California man allegedly tried to stab GOP congressional candidate while yelling slurs against Trump

A California man was arrested Sunday after allegedly attempting to stab a Republican congressional candidate with a switchblade, according to the Alameda County Sheriff's Office

The man, identified as 35-year-old Farzad Fazeli, reportedly approached Republican candidate Rudy Peters in an aggressive manner and made disparaging, profanity-laced remarks about the GOP and President Trump, according to witness statements. Peters, who is running against incumbent Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell, was campaigning at a fall festival in Castro Valley, California. 

During the incident, Fazeli allegedly pulled out a switchblade knife and attempted to stab Peters, but the knife malfunctioned. Peters then got into a physical altercation with Fazeli.

"He would have stabbed me," Peters told CBS San Francisco. "I mean, he had it out saying, 'I'm going to kill you MF-er! I'm going to kill you!' I could see his thumb trying to get the knife out."

Peters, who was not injured in the incident, told the station he "jumped around the table" and grabbed the suspect, wrestling him to the ground.

read more at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-man-allegedly-tried-to-stab-gop-congressional-candidate-rudy-peters-while-yelling-slurs-against-trump/

I give kudos to Eric Swalwell for condemning the attack and condemning violence in general.

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

You can thank Maxine Waters for promoting violence.

You are correct P T. Abundance of violence being promoted by the anti-trump side. Of course Maxine gets a pass. She is Maxine, you need to recognize and understand, plus be very tolerant.  

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

You are correct P T. Abundance of violence being promoted by the anti-trump side. Of course Maxine gets a pass. She is Maxine, you need to recognize and understand, plus be very tolerant.  

Gotcha but let's throw in Pelosi and this one:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/13/kamala-harris-edited-kavanaugh-video-made-for-tv-questions-draw-scrutiny.html

Archived