Be safe, our Carolinas AUFamily members!

AUsince72

I'm saying prayers for y'all in the Carolinas and Va & Ga coasts.  Stay safe from Florence and God bless!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!  It is definitely looking to be pretty catastrophic along the coast.  I am inland by a few hours so not sure exactly yet what we'll see.  I hope it weakens quickly.  My prayers go out to all those in its path, especially those living at the coast or those who have property there!

I think our area is looking at some inconveniences- minor flooding, maybe power outages- but nothing serious. 

Having been thinking primarily about this storm for a week now and what it might mean for my family, I feel so, SO badly for those further up the coast. In some areas, the best case scenario is having the ability and resources to rebuild your home, and to have an employer who will still be there for you when it's over, and to be able to evacuate cleanly and safely. The worst case scenarios are really bad, and there will be a lot of them. 

3 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

WOW!!! That flag is going crazy!

Yeah. Hopefully the wind, at least, chills out before it makes landfall. 

Gonna be a lot of rain. A lot of rain. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. Hopefully the wind, at least, chills out before it makes landfall. 

Gonna be a lot of rain. A lot of rain. 

Where is this camera located in relation to the coast?  Sorry not familiar with that area.

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Where is this camera located in relation to the coast?  Sorry not familiar with that area.

After a little digging, it appears to be about 34 miles off the coast of NC

3 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

39 mi SE of Southport, NC. At 11:00 AM, the center of the storm was still 145 miles off the coast.

Good news is that the wind has calmed down a bit.....but lots of rain in our future....

Just now, AU64 said:

Good news is that the wind has calmed down a bit.....but lots of rain in our future....

Apologies if you've stated your area of residence before and I've forgotten, but if you're in the path, I'm sending you all the good mojo I've got. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Apologies if you've stated your area of residence before and I've forgotten, but if you're in the path, I'm sending you all the good mojo I've got. 

no longer in the path....up on NC border just above Spartanburg....and looks like the latest track will take it south of us....but with a hurricane, who knows..?

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

no longer in the path....up on NC border just above Spartanburg....and looks like the latest track will take it south of us....but with a hurricane, who knows..?

Same story here, except we're south and that's "supposed" to be a good thing. Like you said...

My wife and I (in Atlanta, and not used to having kids in the house) have taken in as much of our Wilmington (Hampstead) family as we could. We have a zoo, but at least they're safe.

Also, I have made everyone aware that at 3:30 on Saturday, Nick Toons must yield to football.

For those of you sticking around on the coast - you're braver than I would be. I survived Hugo in '89 from (near) Charleston and couldn't imagine wanting to ride out something like that again.

Stay safe.

Archived