Be safe, our Carolinas AUFamily members!

AUsince72

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

Did the camera move or is the pier gone?  Last time i looked at it the pier was there..

Oh, geez. I see what you're seeing. Not sure - but a lot of these live webcam feeds I've been searching for do pan/zoom or even switch to other cameras at regular intervals.

5 minutes ago, looney said:

Oh, geez. I see what you're seeing. Not sure - but a lot of these live webcam feeds I've been searching for do pan/zoom or even switch to other cameras at regular intervals.

7 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Did the camera move or is the pier gone?  Last time i looked at it the pier was there..

No it is back now, but I thought the same thing when I first looked.  But as I was watching they switched it to another camera and the pier was there.

4 hours ago, looney said:

My wife and I (in Atlanta, and not used to having kids in the house) have taken in as much of our Wilmington (Hampstead) family as we could. We have a zoo, but at least they're safe.

Also, I have made everyone aware that at 3:30 on Saturday, Nick Toons must yield to football.

For those of you sticking around on the coast - you're braver than I would be. I survived Hugo in '89 from (near) Charleston and couldn't imagine wanting to ride out something like that again.

Stay safe.

That a boy show'em who's boss

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

?

Charleston Hugo had just moved there living in a company apartment until our house was completed. Well house was gone next day but thank goodness for us it was only on week three of construction

House was being built in Goose Creek

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Charleston Hugo had just moved there living in a company apartment until our house was completed. Well house was gone next day but thank goodness for us it was only on week three of construction

Rough go of it, that.

Keep us updated and if there is anything we can do for y'all, please don't hesitate to ask.  Praying from Houston for y'all.

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I did...Golf intercepted it.

You remember the game hungry hungry hippo?  It looked a lot like that.

I'm starting to see why you don't like him.

37 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

If you don't have beer you should be ashamed of yourself. 7 cases at least is standard for a hurricane 

Who said I didn't already have some? 

Bird's beer tastes better, though. Because he paid for it.

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm starting to see why you don't like him.

Who said I didn't already have some? 

Bird's beer tastes better, though. Because he paid for it.

bird never pays for anything after 10 long years I should know. He is a cheap ass............see if he remember the time in San Antonio Rivercenter Mall Hooters. 

Just now, augolf1716 said:

bird never pays for anything after 10 long years I should know. He is a cheap ass............see if he remember the time in San Antonio Rivercenter Mall Hooters. 

I hope so, because I want to hear all about it.

56 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Go Spurs, Go!

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

House was being built in Goose Creek

My grandmother’s house in Pawley’s Island, SC ended up with 6 feet of water in  it during Hugo.  Everything had to be ripped out and replaced.  Unfortunately, she did not have flood insurance.

Archived