10 years ago today

Brad_ATX

Just now, akcwde said:

Please let us just forget!?

Why would you want to?  How many schools can say they won a football game 3-2?!  I'll brag about that until I'm dead.

i remember wanting to pull my hair out afraid we would screw up but we did not. our team showed a lot of heart in that game.

I was in Vegas for that game and placed my first sports' bet on that spread (it was 7 or 9).  I said goodbye to my 20 at halftime and was just relieved we won.  That was the game Lester luckily wasn't severely injured.

I was still working in minor league baseball and the season had just ended.  This was the first game I watched with my then girlfriend (now wife), who is not from SEC territory or even really cares.  I'll never understand how she stayed with me after that night because of how infuriated I was at this game.

38 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Why would you want to?  How many schools can say they won a football game 3-2?!  I'll brag about that until I'm dead.

That game was bad for Auburn fans’ blood pressure around the world! My post was in humor. 

I was an intern on an Internal Medicine rotation at the VA. I’ll never forget laughing up and down the corridors all night long.  

I was going to post this with the same title (the original thread title was 'Never Forget'), but given that 9/11 was two days ago, I feared I would anger people for saying that.

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I was going to post this with the same title, but given that 9/11 was two days ago, I feared I would anger people for saying that.

That's what I thought he thread was going to be about...Haha.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Pat Dye still doesn't understand why that game upsets people. 

I didn't know that but seriously if he could have done more than kick field goals against Michigan with Bo Freaking Jackson then we might have been National Champions that year so I can see why he might think that way. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I didn't know that but seriously if he could have done more than kick field goals against Michigan with Bo Freaking Jackson then we might have been National Champions that year so I can see why he might think that way. 

This is said with love and respect: this might be the first time I've ever seen someone explain the joke I was making while not knowing that I was making one. Haha perfect!

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is said with love and respect: this might be the first time I've ever seen someone explain the joke I was making while not knowing that I was making one. Haha perfect!

All's good. I thought he may have actually said that. Wouldn't be the first thing he's said that made little sense. I still get bothered by that game and the Wrong Way Bo Iron Bowl. Could have, should have won that game. 

I cussed and yelled a lot that night! Because of that game, my two dogs leave the room every time when I put my AU gameday jersey on. Seriously, for the last 10 years, they have left whatever room I was in when they see that jersey on me. Blessed to still have those two dogs though, truly some of my best friends ever!

Edit: As fellow AU fans, you know there have been several more games since that had added to my dog's perception of that jersey. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Pat Dye still doesn't understand why that game upsets people. 

Sure….   I remember a quote from yesterday on another thread...…….."Just  win baby"...   obviously the guy did not really mean that. :)

Kept track of that game while I was at an event on my phone with ESPN gamecast. Could not believe what was unfolding and that the only points we gave up were from a freakin' holding penalty in the endzone

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Pleasantly surprised at the lack of self-righteous indignation myself.

tumblr_o6l45eaY0q1rrkahjo2_540.gif

Archived