Player Departures 2018-19

Zeek

Very early for this topic but I'm a little bored and curious. Looking through our roster I really don't see anyone declaring early for the draft other than the one that most on here already know about.

Graduating:

QB - Devin Adams

RB - C.J. Tolbert

HB - Chandler Cox abd Chase Cramer

TE - Jalen Harris, Tucker Brown, and Robert Muschamp

WR - Ryan Davis, Will Hastings, Griffin King, and Dalton Brown

OL - Ryan Meneely

DL - Dontavious Russell and Andrew Williams

LB - Montavious Atkinson, Deshaun Davis, and Darrell Williams

P - Ian Shannon

Declaring for the NFL Early:

QB - Jarrett Stidham - I earnestly believe he should stay. Right now I think he's a second round pick at best. Next year we return our entire O-Line and the vast majority of the stud wide receivers that we have. Is it too much to ask for a quarterback to play at Auburn for more than two seasons as our starter? Greedy I know, and from others on here it sounds like he's all but guaranteed to leave.

DT - Derrick Brown - not positive that he is leaving and I'd love for him to stay but I could see him leaving early.

Left the Program:

John Broussard, CB

Aidan Marshall, P

Dismissed from the Team:

N/A

Let me know if I missed anyone! Thoughts on Stidham leaving? Anyone else likely to declare early?

War Eagle!

OL returning will be huge for new QB.

LBs will be biggest loss followed by Brown and Russell.

Ryan Davis and Hastings will sting but Auburn has quality depth at WR.  

1st game next year will be Oregon in Jerry World so hopefully it won’t be another top 10 matchup to break in a new Qb.  “Cough” Cord “Cough”

47 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Very early for this topic but I'm a little bored and curious. Looking through our roster I really don't see anyone declaring early for the draft other than the one that most on here already know about.

Graduating:

QB - Devin Adams

RB - C.J. Tolbert

HB - Chandler Cox abd Chase Cramer

TE - Jalen Harris, Tucker Brown, and Robert Muschamp

WR - Ryan Davis, Will Hastings, Griffin King, and Dalton Brown

OL - Ryan Meneely

DL - Dontavious Russell and Andrew Williams

LB - Montavious Atkinson, Deshaun Davis, and Darrell Williams

P - Ian Shannon

QB - Jarrett Stidham - I earnestly believe he should stay. Right now I think he's a second round pick at best. Next year we return our entire O-Line and the vast majority of the stud wide receivers that we have. Is it too much to ask for a quarterback to play at Auburn for more than two seasons as our starter? Greedy I know, and from others on here it sounds like he's all but guaranteed to leave.

DT - Derrick Brown - not positive that he is leaving and I'd love for him to stay but I could see him leaving early.

Left the Program:

John Broussard, CB

Aidan Marshall, P

Dismissed from the Team:

N/A

Let me know if I missed anyone! Thoughts on Stidham leaving? Anyone else likely to declare early?

War Eagle!

the only hope i have of stidham returning is i read where his and his future wife's family both have big money. i did not fact check it but i believed it and i hope i stidham might have more to prove if say he does not win the heisman. i believe like you another year would benefit him. i do not see it but i am sure he still has some rust in some area's that he could improve on. but if he goesi would have no hard feelings and wish him well. as for number five i hope he stays. i wish sensei mud had stayed. i believe him leaving was a mistake. heck he does not even have a rookie card. but the future looks to be bright. our talent level is enough to help us win any games we play and i believe gus is improving as well.

51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Marlon Davidson and Nick Coe are both draft eligible, if I'm not mistaken. I don't see both of them coming back. Just hoping one does. 

These are the 2 I was thinking on the fence.  Coe is going to have to come up big though since this is his first year getting extensive playing time.  

However, I do believe that MD could very likely be gone.  MD & DB are two of the most disruptive forces on the DL.  I could see the 2 of them moving on after this year.  Don't get me wrong, I SO HOPE THEY STAY 1 MORE YEAR.  But I doubt it.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

He is good as gone after this year. There isn't a ton of good QB in this draft so he will go first round. But shouldn't we hope he leaves? Since if we win the natty what's the point? 

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Stidham’s future father in law owns all or part of the Houston Rockets I believe?  Maybe it was the Astros?

CEO of the Rockets

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Davidson, Brown, Coe, Dean, Stidham all gone if they stay healthy.  IMO

I see all of those, but Coe. I just think he'll stay one more. IMO, he needs to.

I can also see J. Davis feeling things out.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

the only hope i have of stidham returning is i read where his and his future wife's family both have big money. i did not fact check it but i believed it and i hope i stidham might have more to prove if say he does not win the heisman. i believe like you another year would benefit him. i do not see it but i am sure he still has some rust in some area's that he could improve on. but if he goesi would have no hard feelings and wish him well. as for number five i hope he stays. i wish sensei mud had stayed. i believe him leaving was a mistake. heck he does not even have a rookie card. but the future looks to be bright. our talent level is enough to help us win any games we play and i believe gus is improving as well.

Sensei Mud leaving was down right a shame. Wish he could have returned like other sports. Could you imagine our D-line this year with him back here?

It depends on how the rest of the season goes (success, health, etc.) But...

Stid will go. (probably the only one on offense)

Brown, MD, Coe, J Davis, and Dean will probably all test the waters.  I would expect a minimum of 3 of those guys to go.  Next man up! (as CKS says)

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Sensei Mud leaving was down right a shame. Wish he could have returned like other sports. Could you imagine our D-line this year with him back here?

Hopefully Moultry gets it together. But Big Kat is looking awfully good.

Coe and Brown are on pace for pretty incredible years...Id be surprised if they stayed

Stidham is widely viewed as a top 5 prospect at worst it seems. The NFL pundits honestly respect him alot more than collegiate analysts (I personally side with the latter as I dont see bonafide NFL starter for reasons, but), so it just depends on who he listens to.

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Coe and Brown are on pace for pretty incredible years...Id be surprised if they stayed

Stidham is widely viewed as a top 5 prospect at worst it seems. The NFL pundits honestly respect him alot more than collegiate analysts (I personally side with the latter as I dont see bonafide NFL starter for reasons, but), so it just depends on who he listens to.

Stid might just be results oriented. Win a conference champion, or greater, and he’s 100% gone. If we underachieve maybe he gets a bad taste in his mouth.

IF, and I know it’s all but impossible, all of our non-seniors return holy crap will be loaded. Linebacker would essentially be our only question mark; most fans trust that Steele would pull through.

It would be tremendous if Bo Nix could redshirt a year, play his four games, and learn behind Stidham’s example.

We can dream...

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Marlon Davidson and Nick Coe are both draft eligible, if I'm not mistaken. I don't see both of them coming back. Just hoping one does. 

I think Coe comes back, but Davidson spending three years dominating on the D-line for a good Auburn defense is hard to overlook.

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Coe is in his first year starting, and he's a redshirt sophomore. That's why I don't see him leaving.

16 hours ago, Zeek said:

Let me know if I missed anyone!

OL Tyler Carr left before the start of fall camp. He could have graduated, not sure about that but leave he did.

Jarrett Stidham was tinkering last year about going. No way he stays after this year. Also, I am sure as a grown man, he would like to make a lot more money for himself, no? Never understood the idea that someone would stay just because their family isn’t hurting for money. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Jarrett Stidham was tinkering last year about going. No way he stays after this year. Also, I am sure as a grown man, he would like to make a lot more money for himself, no? Never understood the idea that someone would stay just because their family isn’t hurting for money. 

Some guys just love the college experience, but he's engaged, sooooooo... :laugh:

Archived