2020 4* RB Tank Bigsby Commits To AU!

ellitor

On 8/10/2019 at 5:10 AM, ellitor said:

Yeah... About that opinion you had of Texas A&M & Florida having better recruiting classes...

At the time I made my comment, both were ranked ahead of Auburn in the 247 Composite. So it was not an "opinion." It was a fact. Auburn was behind in the SEC in recruiting at that time. And you KNOW that.

Once Auburn pushed them aside and moved up, I was much happier and I said so.

• Facepalm 3

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@auskip07 If you are asking about Worm that's the fans' assumption but he can do more than that. Tank is a feature back all the way.

Asking about tank,  since his hands looked to be very good already.   He has the size of an every down back.    Nice combo.    I hope to see more of worm this year. 

Edited by auskip07
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Most of his work was with the 2nd team. Plus after Boobee got a few carries early he was held out because the staff know what they have in him. HJ & Worm both did well with more touches Thursday. Apparently Worm had a few break away runs that were blown dead because the staff wanted to run more plays from that part of the field.

I keep hoping the coaches will put them in some rotational cycle, maybe a complete series here and there, to allow them to develop and give us some legitimate backup/starter options. It just seems a shame to keep their skills on the sidelines week after week without any consistent attempt to develop them.

9 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I keep hoping the coaches will put them in some rotational cycle, maybe a complete series here and there, to allow them to develop and give us some legitimate backup/starter options. It just seems a shame to keep their skills on the sidelines week after week without any consistent attempt to develop them.

I wouldn’t sleep on Martin either, because he’s got something to prove in his last chance.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, logan adams said:

Do you think Joiner getting a lot of carries in the first scrimmage was just an anomaly?

Im not implying they dont want to use him, I just think in the ways Gus would like to use him, there always ends up being someone else who eats at that role. Big back out the backfield who catches short passes and does the wheel? That was Cox, but Shenker also got looks last season where Joiner didn't. Big back that has deceptive speed? Maybe he can get a few looks there but it's not like Boobie isn't already a power back in his own right. A straight up TE? We already got those and they dont even get touches. I feel like Joiner should get touches, I just dont know if he will, that's all Im saying

2 hours ago, AURex said:

At the time I made my comment, both were ranked ahead of Auburn in the 247 Composite. So it was not an "opinion." It was a fact. Auburn was behind in the SEC in recruiting at that time. And you KNOW that.

@AURex As i pointed out 50 million times now to you & you refuse to comprehend is average rating per commit matters much more than total score. I have explained the elementary concept as to why which I am not going to waste on again. Through this entire cycle for for most part of this decade we had & have a higher average rating than Florida. Most years we've been ahead of Texas A&M too. We we're a miniscule 4 100ths of a point behind Texas A&M in commit score average before the Tank commitment & now we are ahead of them in average & total score for that matter. You seem to only care about the number on the far right column on composite team rankings. The column that maters more is 1 column to the left of that number. Factually Texas A&M & Florida is not nor has not been for the past decade, miles ahead of us in recruiting as you claimed the other day.

If you are making these posts despite all the facts i've laid out before you just to troll or get me riled up, that is in no way cool or funny so please stop.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

average rating per commit matters much more than total score. 

You probably made that too small for him.  Might want to make it larger so he doesn’t miss that.  

• Haha 1

IF this helps, these teams are neck and neck in the recruiting rankings With only 14 recruits Texas has by far the better class. When they add 10 more players their score will be much higher. As E said overall recruiting average is a much more telling sign. 

Screenshot_20190811-190735_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Im not implying they dont want to use him, I just think in the ways Gus would like to use him, there always ends up being someone else who eats at that role. Big back out the backfield who catches short passes and does the wheel? That was Cox, but Shenker also got looks last season where Joiner didn't. Big back that has deceptive speed? Maybe he can get a few looks there but it's not like Boobie isn't already a power back in his own right. A straight up TE? We already got those and they dont even get touches. I feel like Joiner should get touches, I just dont know if he will, that's all Im saying

I unfortunately believe the same as you. I would love for him to get a lot of carries, I just don’t see it happening. 

Tank is such a tremendous get! I'm ridiculously excited about picking him up.

• Like 1

Mismatch for sure, but that is what you are supposed to do in a mismatch.  

Those boys on defense will relish the moment in 2-3 yrs and say, "yeah when we played Tank, we didn't let him run all over us the way he did against bama!"   Haha, it'll happen.   

• Love 2

I'm pumped about Tank, but there's a good chance that team he was playing will show up in lots of RB highlight clips this year. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Man if Boobie really does that next step that Cadillac has been alluding to, I can't imagine how impossible it'll be to try to defend him and Tank in 2 back sets. 

My thinking is that if there's a back currently on the team that will explode into the "amazing" class it will be Worm Shivers.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

My thinking is that if there's a back currently on the team that will explode into the "amazing" class it will be Worm Shivers.

Spot on!

There we go agreeing again. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Sad but true!

Not as sad as if & when Bird & Jeff would. I think they may refuse to out of spite.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not as sad as if & when Bird & Jeff would. I think they may refuse to out of spite.

I don't mind agreeing with anyone if there is a logical argument that can be presented and I'd gladly admit being wrong if presented facts in a logical way as to why I am.

• Like 1

With our trio of talented Sophomores, DJ and MAR as FR, and Tank on his way, all being coached by Caddy, I feel good about RBU for the foreseeable future!!!

Correction:   I had forgotten that HJ got a RS last year, so he is a RSFR instead of a Sophomore. 

Edited by AUpreacherman22
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

With our trio of talented Sophomores, DJ and MAR as FR, and Tank on his way, all being coached by Caddy, I feel good about RBU for the foreseeable future!!!

Particularly with the oline recruits we will have coming in next year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Shivers could be something, I just don’t have any reason to believe Boobie won’t be something

Sure hoping Cadillac can get deep into CGM ear so that we finally start developing legitimate depth (not sitting on the bench depth) through meaningful game rotations. Not having that kind of "playing time" developed depth cost us in 2018 when KJ went down against Ala after Gus had run him into the dirt.

• Like 1