2020 4* RB Tank Bigsby Commits To AU!

ellitor

Tank has earned a 5 Star on the 247 Sports Composite Rankings.

Congrats Tank!!

Auburn commit earns 5th star in 247Sports Composite rankings

9323056.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs 

One of Auburn's most important 2020 commitments has earned his fifth star in the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

Tank Bigsby, a running back from Callaway High (Ga.), now is the No. 27 overall recruit nationally. That's up five spots from No. 32. Bigsby, whose team still is alive in the Georgia state playoffs, has around 1,400 rushing yards this season despite missing more than two games with an ankle injury.

In a 41-20 win over Atlanta Douglass last week, the 6-feet, 210-pound Bigsby rushed for 171 yards and four touchdowns on 20 carries.

An early enrollee, Bigsby said after attending the Iron Bowl last weekend that he was shutting down his recruitment and was locked in with the Tigers.

Here is 247Sports' most recent scouting report on him:

"Possesses a thick and muscled build. Already has significant bulk in his lower body. At 206 pounds in the summer prior to his senior season, Bigsby won’t need to add any weight until he gets to the college level. Tests as a very good, but not great athlete for the position. Has improved his top-end speed between his sophomore and junior years. Has been very productive as a runner playing in the lowest public classification in the state of Georgia, averaging more than 9 yards per carry. Plays with good vision and does a nice job picking his way through the line to get to the second level. Has quick feet and is capable of making subtle cuts to set up defenders. Shows the ability to break down linebackers and defensive backs in space. Has solid top-end speed but lacks an elite top gear heading into his senior season. Can get caught dancing, causing him to lose his balance at times. Bigsby projects as a multi-year contributor and potential feature running back at the Power 5 level with the upside of developing into an NFL Draft Pick."

Bigsby is the highest-ranked player on the Auburn commit list this cycle. As of Tuesday, the Tigers had 21 commitments and the No. 8 recruiting class in the country. Bigsby, who had more than 2,000 rushing yards in 2018, committed to Auburn this summer over programs such as Georgia and South Carolina.

Some of his past accolades include:

-Class AA Georgia Player of the Year by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a junior.

-Class AA All-State selection by the AJC as a junior.

-Region 5-AA Player of the Year by the AJC as a junior.

-Class AA Georgia Player of the Year finalist (finished second) as a junior.

Edited by Auburn Kev
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Tank has earned a 5 Star on the 247 Sports Composite Rankings.

Congrats Tank!!

Meant to post this a couple hours ago but I got sidetracked. LOL

Sure hope Tank can hold off that UGA pressure. They love some 5*.  Hopefully Big Tate can help  fight off the dog.s

3 minutes ago, autan said:

Sure hope Tank can hold off that UGA pressure. They love some 5*.  Hopefully Big Tate can help  fight off the dog.s

They don’t want him and Kirby burned the bridge 

28 minutes ago, autan said:

@autan I guess you missed the big story over the weekend about him saying he shut down his recruitment and he’s not even considering any more visits to UGA.

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 5* RB Tank Bigsby Commits To AU!
22 hours ago, ellitor said:

@autan I guess you missed the big story over the weekend about him saying he shut down his recruitment and he’s not even considering any more visits to UGA.

Glad to hear it. UGA fans are being smug cause some guy they believe in is hinting UGA is going to flip a SEC West RB. Won’t say who. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Glad to hear it. UGA fans are being smug cause some guy they believe in is hinting UGA is going to flip a SEC West RB. Won’t say who. 

It wasn't long ago that UGA fans were saying they had five 5* silent commits. Lets hope LSU knocks them around a good bit Saturday.

• Like 2

Just now, Mikey said:

It wasn't long ago that UGA fans were saying they had five 5* silent commits. Lets hope LSU knocks them around a good bit Saturday.

I believe they will. Still not convinced Georgia didn’t sacrifice a soul for wins over us and Florida. They’re not that good imo. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5

So, uh, Coach Lac... Remember when Gus hired you, and I, uh, said things other than "BOOM THIS IS AN AMAZING HIRE WELCOME HOME ALL THE RUNNING BACKS WAR DAMN CADDY FOREVER"? Yeah my B, my dude, my B.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Their scoreboard is better than the small 1960s one we have (opposite our massive one)

Edited by Zeek
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

This kid has grown a lot in the past year....and I do not mean size wise. His game has really improved and I loved him from his tape last year. I am believing more and more after watching more of him he may be a day 1 impact player. I know we have a good, deep RB room but my lord Tank is the full package...size, power, speed, vision, and tremendous balance.....hands...brain...I love eeem.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

This kid has grown a lot in the past year....and I do not mean size wise. His game has really improved and I loved him from his tape last year. I am believing more and more after watching more of him he may be a day 1 impact player. I know we have a good, deep RB room but my lord Tank is the full package...size, power, speed, vision, and tremendous balance.....hands...brain...I love eeem.

What has improved in his game? Have you seen him play live or just highlights?

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

What has improved in his game? Have you seen him play live or just highlights?

No just highlights. His vision has always been good but that and his balance appear to be the biggest areas of improvement IMO

13 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I think Malik Miller has been here for 10 years 

Pretty sure M Miller was on that 2013 squad and Chiz recruited him.  Maybe 2012 - gonna have to fact check that.  😏

• Haha 2