2020 4* RB Tank Bigsby Commits To AU!

ellitor

41 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I saw 2 maybe three catches..one was a dink, but the other was a legit catch with hands about 15 yards down field.  QB made a great throw, but RB caught it and immediately made a great move.

He certainly looks SEC ready (for a freshman) and absolutely has several skills.  He is 100% legit.  We want this kid. 

Is he our top RB priority? I keep hearing that L. Toafili is our #1 right now, but from watching videos I like Tank better. I think he plays tougher competition just form the video but I don't know that for truth.

28 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Worst case, if South Carolina lands him it helps them bolster up to play UGA.  I had the same repsonse when we lost Griffin to Tech.  Let's make Georgia Tech a contender to have a good chance of upsetting Clemson and UGA.  Think of a frenzy it would be if Tech beat both Clemson and UGA in the same year.

I get the thought behind this

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I know our offense hasn't been a shining efficiency machine lately but my geez Muschamp is a cancer to any offense that he's near. Would wager a fair amount of money that he'll never win the SEC East while he's at USCe

Agreed X10

30 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Muschamp is a cancer to any offense that he's near.

What do you mean?

sdQLkp.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Interesting. Keith says SCe is the team to beat right now. Obviously I hope you are right.

All I know is I’m told we are good here.  Good as in his top group. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

All I know is I’m told we are good here.  Good as in his top group. 

Supposedly early PT is big to him. SCe seems to have an advantage there with Boobee here & if one or both DJ & MAR pan out.

On 5/29/2019 at 2:06 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

Is he our top RB priority? I keep hearing that L. Toafili is our #1 right now, but from watching videos I like Tank better. I think he plays tougher competition just form the video but I don't know that for truth.

I am just a fan, pls don't think I am an insider.   I went to Auburn, kicked a PAT once on the field (at night, I was there illegally), but that does not make me an insider.  Maybe it does, but not that kind.  

As a fan, I like Tank B more and hope we land this guy.  I think he and Armani are elite.  Maybe the most elite backs since M Dyer if we land those guys.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I went to Auburn, kicked a PAT once on the field (at night, I was there illegally)

I should have partied with you :(

• Like 3

On 5/29/2019 at 3:06 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

I get the thought behind this

Agreed X10

I think USCe would love to have the old ball coach back!  I do not see Muschamp ever winning more than 8 or 9 games at the most as HC their.

31 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I am just a fan, pls don't think I am an insider.   I went to Auburn, kicked a PAT once on the field (at night, I was there illegally), but that does not make me an insider.  Maybe it does, but not that kind.  

As a fan, I like Tank B more and hope we land this guy.  I think he and Armani are elite.  Maybe the most elite backs since M Dyer if we land those guys.  

They are in seperate classes....I think we have landed some elite backs in recent years...KJ...if you watched him in HS like i did you knew it was a matter of time before he became a star at Auburn...also i think we landed 2 elite backs last year in DJ and MAR....and I think Shivers could be a menace to all.....but yes i hope we get bigsby and hang on to Armani

• Like 2

My understanding from KN is Taofili is our #1 priority but Tank is high as well

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1

Nathan King • AuburnSports

isn’t old enough to have any memories of Tigers great Cadillac Williams running roughshod in Jordan-Hare Stadium, so Auburn pulled out the highlight reels during Bigsby’s official visit.

“I heard about it,” Bigsby said of Williams’s dominance in the backfield at Auburn. “‘Go crazy, Cadillac.’”

Bigsby, one of the top players in the southeast, said Williams has played a pivotal role in his recruitment with the Tigers, and his official visit to the Plains was no different.

“They made me feel like family,” Bigsby said of his visit. “Coach Cadillac, got to meet him more. Open person, very laid back.”

Rated as the nation’s No. 1 athlete, Bigsby wants to remain in the backfield in college. He’s projected as a South Carolina lean because the Gamecocks have made him a priority in their 2020 class, and they have promised him he’ll play running back. Some of his other expected top schools — Auburn, Alabama and home-state Georgia — are looking to experiment with his versatility across the field, while LSU has told him he’s on their board as a running back.

Noting that he has no plans for any other visits now, Bigsby knows he wants to commit before his senior season begins at Callaway High School (Hoganville, Ga).

But as has been the theme with his recruiting process, Bigsby said Sunday that he doesn’t necessarily have a set list of leaders when asked where Auburn stands in comparison to South Carolina.

“I don’t have any leaders for real,” Bigsby said. “I like it (at Auburn); I like it (at South Carolina). It’s just all about making the right decision. Hopefully I make the right decision.”

• Thanks 2

I know I am a homer, but if you are RB with a desire to play in the NFL and you are down to Auburn and USCe...it's not a decision.  I just don't want thUGA to get in this fray.

I have Tank as #1 on my big board.  The other back is #2 (wink).   

• Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, Beaker said:

I know I am a homer, but if you are RB with a desire to play in the NFL and you are down to Auburn and USCe...it's not a decision.  I just don't want thUGA to get in this fray.

I have Tank as #1 on my big board.  The other back is #2 (wink).   

Tank isnt even top 5 on mine.....This is a good RB class though.....Clemson has 2 of my top 5 committed....Tank would be around # 6-7 on my board

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Tank would be around # 6-7 on my board

And that's telling on how damn deep this RB class is.

Edited by ellitor

20 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Are you trying to say there is no telling how deep this RB class is?

I think he was saying "that is telling on how deep the class is". As in, if Tank is as low as 6 or 7 on some boards, that means there are a lot of really good backs. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I think he was saying "that is telling on how deep the class is". As in, if Tank is as low as 6 or 7 on some boards, that means there are a lot of really good backs. 

Got ya! I was trying but my little brain just wasn't putting it together. Yes it is a good RB class. Of course I'm no expert or close to it. I just go by the highlights I watch. Don't get me wrong....I'd be thrilled to land Tank. He is definitely a top tier RB.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Got ya! I was trying but my little brain just wasn't putting it together. Yes it is a good RB class. Of course I'm no expert or close to it. I just go by the highlights I watch. Don't get me wrong....I'd be thrilled to land Tank. He is definitely a top tier RB.

Same here, Pro. I'm not qualified to break down game film but RB is the one position where I'll watch tape and form a strong opinion on a guy, even if it's not 100% in line with recruiting rankings. I haven't looked at this year's class much but will probably watch some Hudl vids later in the summer. 

LOVE the guys we got in this past class. MAR was top 2-3 on my list very early in the cycle. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

barney-stinson.gif

• Like 2

I just hope Gus doesn't gift wrap Tank to USCe  by waiting on Taofili to make a decision.  IMO....don't slow play …..take Tank as soon as we can to not put AU in that position.  But what do I know!! 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

I just hope Gus doesn't gift wrap Tank to USCe  by waiting on Taofili to make a decision.  IMO....don't slow play …..take Tank as soon as we can to not put AU in that position.  But what do I know!! 

There is no slow playing going on. If SCe leads it's because they appear to be in a good bit better position for earlier PT which is something that is reportedly a big factor for him

• Thanks 1