2020 4* RB Tank Bigsby Commits To AU!

ellitor

6 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Is this kid good enough to be RB2 going into next season?

@dyehardfanAU Good enough to be RB1 if he picks up the pass block schemes & lowers his tendency to fumble. Now whether Gus will play him as RB1 or RB2 given the number of RBs we have remains to be seen.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Again....not questioning that.....I just wish these recruiting services....universities...would get accurate measurements.

Rarely happens before kids get to the NFL. Gonna have to accept it I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Rarely happens before kids get to the NFL. Gonna have to accept it I'm afraid.

I know....doesn't mean I can't point it out and voice my frustrations with it!!!!!! 

I actually like that he is in that 5'10-5'11ish size....5'11 and 200-220 pounds is a legit SEC back. I am stoked about Tank. I haven't been as excited about a RB recruit since Roc Thomas...I am sure Tank's future at AU will be much better than Roc's was.

50 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I know....doesn't mean I can't point it out and voice my frustrations with it!!!!!! 

I actually like that he is in that 5'10-5'11ish size....5'11 and 200-220 pounds is a legit SEC back. I am stoked about Tank. I haven't been as excited about a RB recruit since Roc Thomas...I am sure Tank's future at AU will be much better than Roc's was.

giphy-13.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’m so excited for Tank. When is the last time we had a RB this highly rated commit to Auburn? 

https://247sports.com/Player/Jovon-Robinson-10271/junior-college-51171/ ................ #whatcouldofbeen

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’m so excited for Tank. When is the last time we had a RB this highly rated commit to Auburn? 

O and of course https://247sports.com/Player/Roc-Thomas-14990/high-school-4595/ 

Just now, McLoofus said:

I'll just say that name has crossed my mind recently. 

He should of easily been the best RB we had since Caddy and Ronnie. I hate the way it ended up for him..... TWICE at AU. He could of easily not re signed with us after the changing of grades or whatever it was coming out of high school but this dude loves him some Auburn man that he came back!!! And does he get rewarded for it!??! NOOOOOOO!!!!! It ends in drama and scandal like the first time. Dude just had some rough luck and tough breaks when he was here. And yah I get the second go around some of it was his fault but it is still such a shame and I feel bad for him.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If we’re just going off ratings Tank is a bit higher than Jovon was. Tank is more of an SEC, run you over back than Roc was imo. Did Tank drop to the #4 RB in the nation? I swear he was ranked #1 a week ago 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

He should of easily been the best RB we had since Caddy and Ronnie. I hate the way it ended up for him..... TWICE at AU. He could of easily not re signed with us after the changing of grades or whatever it was coming out of high school but this dude loves him some Auburn man that he came back!!! And does he get rewarded for it!??! NOOOOOOO!!!!! It ends in drama and scandal like the first time. Dude just had some rough luck and tough breaks when he was here. And yah I get the second go around some of it was his fault but it is still such a shame and I feel bad for him.

I don't know the story of what happened, so I can't assign blame or choose who to feel sorry for...

...except you and me, G! WE are who I feel sorry for! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

If we’re just going off ratings Tank is a bit higher than Jovon was. Tank is more of an SEC, run you over back than Roc was imo. Did Tank drop to the #4 RB in the nation? I swear he was ranked #1 a week ago 

Tank is the number 1 ranked RB for Rivals I believe. In the composite he is not ranked number 1.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, TvilleTyger said:

Long time member, 1st time poster.

Anyone notice Tank's drop in the most recent Rivals rankings.  He lost a star.

Yup. They warned us it was coming for a week. They didn't like his performance at the Under Armour All Star week relative to other RBs that were there.

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* RB Tank Bigsby Commits To AU!
1 hour ago, TvilleTyger said:

Long time member, 1st time poster.

Anyone notice Tank's drop in the most recent Rivals rankings.  He lost a star.

AU commits are usually underrated. Meanwhile, a recruit will get another star when Bama becomes interested. It’s nothing new 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

AU commits are usually underrated.

Actually on the whole not really Keith has documented it a few times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

AU commits are usually underrated. Meanwhile, a recruit will get another star when Bama becomes interested. It’s nothing new 

Results on the field suggests the exact opposite of this. Especially with the bama recruits.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup. They warned us it was coming for a week. They didn't like his performance at the Under Armour All Star week relative to other RBs that were there.

Which is stupid because his coach rotated him out every time he got going in the game. 

23 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Which is stupid because his coach rotated him out every time he got going in the game. 

I think it was more about during the week than the game.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I this it was more about during the week than the game.

That’s strange - I thought I read where he had established himself as RB1 during the practices. I assumed he just didn’t have a big game like Evans did

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

That’s strange - I thought I read where he had established himself as RB1 during the practices. I assumed he just didn’t have a big game like Evans did

Not strange at all. Depends on the site who reported it. I've seen recruiting sites say almost the exact opposite of each other watching the same prospects in All Star weeks.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 2:58 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Didn't he show up at AU the second time with a lot of bad weight?  I seem to remember that being part of the problem.

5 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Didn't he show up at AU the second time with a lot of bad weight?  I seem to remember that being part of the problem.

No idea about that. Maybe someone who has a better memory can opine on that. I just know He was in Malzahns doghouse a lot. Even when it was clear from the middle of the season on that Jovon was clearly the better back Gus still gave way to many carries to Peyton Barber. It was maddening. Especially in the Ole Miss and Georgia games where all we had to do was ride Jovon to the finish line and we would of won both games.

• Like 2