#1 Hoover @ #5 Hewitt Trussville 7 PM Kickoff

ellitor

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoover takes the turnover and a long grinding drive results in. TD.  35-28 

Pickens with a couple catches on the drive.  Ashford suffering from cramps in his calf and is very erratic throwing the football 

I think Ashford is a fine QB but his throwing has been absolutely horrible tonight.  Probably a lot to do with lower leg cramps.  Just can't get any lower body into his throws.  

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Pickens with the 3rd drop in the game.  

Maybe needs a little humble pie!!

56 - 28 final.  Lots of great football players on both teams and will more then likely see each other again in the playoffs because the North region is so weak.  

All the big name players for HT came to play.  

Quick with great blocking,  Eric Taylor with a great interception, JJ and Worsham is the best combo in the state at WR,  Paul Tyson a very solid night, Goodwin with around 250 yards rushing, Malachi Moore(overrated) did a decent job on Pickens.  

Pickens first reception and run after the catch for the TD was unbelievable and shows the talent he has.  

JJ with 4 catches 152 yards

Pickens 5 for 130.  

Lots of concerning comments about Pickens... not a fan of that personality type. Feel bad for Ashford, it sound like the wheels just kind of came off all at once for Hoover tonight.

I’ve called out Pickens before... I think E may have watched most of the game and some others have commented that they like the swag from the WRs but I’ll default to @ellitor for further comments on the taunting penalty tonight if it’s swag or overboard in his opinion...

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Lots of concerning comments about Pickens... not a fan of that personality type. Feel bad for Ashford, it sound like the wheels just kind of came off all at once for Hoover tonight.

Ashford s cramps didn’t help their O but HT was just the better team tonight.  They still have all the talent in the world to be state champs

Swag is different from unsportsmanlike conduct/taunting! The latter  costs the whole team and can kill a drive. Don’t know in high school football, but two taunting penalties will get you tossed out of the game in college I believe! Not only that, it is bad sportsmanship and CGM won’t tolerate that crap! I love this kid though , and I pray the light will come on that says when you’re that good taunting isn’t necessary!

Bottom line George is way to arrogant and Robbie isn't ready for primetime. George is super cocky and Robbie has a terrible attitude. Niblet needs to get hold of both of them but he won't. My opinion, he likes that George is cocky and for whatever reason will not stop Robbie from acting like a baby. I know that's harsh but the QB needs to be the leader and Robbie doesn't even go near the offence on the sideline unless they score. Otherwise he goes as far away as he can and hangs his head or acts like he is hurt.     

1 minute ago, bg5 said:

Bottom line George is way to arrogant and Robbie isn't ready for primetime. George is super cocky and Robbie has a terrible attitude. Niblet needs to get hold of both of them but he won't. My opinion, he likes that George is cocky and for whatever reason will not stop Robbie from acting like a baby. I know that's harsh but the QB needs to be the leader and Robbie doesn't even go near the offence on the sideline unless they score. Otherwise he goes as far away as he can and hangs his head or acts like he is hurt.     

Huge difference here.  15 year old first year starter and an 18 year old top 50 in the nation player.  

I think Ashford was legit in cramping tonight.  He had a great night making plays out of nothing on scrambles but his passes weren't close... well the exception of the 3 that hit Pikens right in the hands and drop city.  

Javaris Johnson continues to impress me. I can see him dearly in very nicely in that Ryan Davis role in our screen game. Pickens it's a freak but I hope his attitude gets better. I think we have a great wr room and look forward to the future

Archived