Gus donates 2 million towards Fball only complex

GwillMac6

WAR DAMN GUS MALZAHN!!!! 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well someone’s confident in their future I would say. Now he needs to solicit matching funds from Double Bubble. WDE!!!

Glad to hear this. This tells me that Gus is here to make a name for himself and place him in the best coaches Auburn has ever had. We will have the kind of season we all have hoped for. I hope this facility comes to fruition soon and very soon. This will take recruiting up a notch or so to push the top teams hard for the number 1 class in the nation on a consistent basis.

19 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Well someone’s confident in their future I would say. Now he needs to solicit matching funds from Double Bubble. WDE!!!

Yup. 

He obviously believes in Auburn and his relationship...this sets everything in a different light. Just wow. 

Saban donated $1 mil to their football only complex. Gus one-upped him big time!

Gus just may have changed my opinion of him.  Talk about stepping up to the plate!!!

I hope he does well enough to stay for a while.....this is the kind of place where if he gets fired four years down the road some folks will want to take his name off the building...?

This is really great to see.  I hope the board and other donors will do their part to make this happen.  

And now he is back to $5 mill this year.  No more complaints about not being worth $7 mill this year.  Haha. 

Hell yeah that’s a message to donors “let’s get this damn thing rolling.”

I like what Greene said about making sure it’s not outdated in 5-10 years and having the iPhone 12 while everyone is on the 10. No cutting costs baby let’s grow this campus into a juggernaut lol.

I know the initial proposal was 30 million, if that sticks Gus just gave 1/15 of the total cost. Really that’s a lot if you think about it! 

Great move by Gus. Even better would be a more consistent performance to inspire confidence among the money folks to get them to invest the needed money to get AU facilities back up to snuff. That seems to be what's holding up the big plans for AU. Today's another big chance to show he's got things trending up.

That is really high for a football coach to donate. Usually a coach puts in about 1 million, when I have seen it before. Have you ever known a coach to put in that much before? He's just starting to make the big bucks.

Ofc, this could be not a one time donation but over a period of years, i guess.

Honestly Gus seems to have done a 180 since JJ has left and the school has secured him. Not bashing JJ because I honestly think he deserves thanks for where we are at in our men’s sports, but I wonder how cordial their relationship was.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Now come out and crush LSU and get this ball rolling. 

$2 million from Gus and a 20+ point win would go a long way...

We may have differing opinions of his offensive coaching, his personality, and his personal hygiene habits, but we can all agree this is classy move on his part. This can’t be spun as being anything other than a positive thing for AU. 

War Eagle and beat the corndogs!

Archived