Gus donates 2 million towards Fball only complex

GwillMac6

I know he’s loaded but that’s still a lot of dough and a really class gesture. It would certainly not be expected of him to do this. Well done sir. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAG said:

Honestly Gus seems to have done a 180 since JJ has left and the school has secured him. Not bashing JJ because I honestly think he deserves thanks for where we are at in our men’s sports, but I wonder how cordial their relationship was. 

Gus and JJ spoke only when necessary to conduct business. They didn't get along at all.

2 hours ago, EclecticTiger said:

We may have differing opinions of his offensive coaching, his personality, and his personal hygiene habits, but we can all agree this is classy move on his part. This can’t be spun as being anything other than a positive thing for AU. 

War Eagle and beat the corndogs!

46 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Huh?

Some have noticed a tendency for Gus, perhaps as a nervous habit, to be caught by the camera quite often let’s say “repeatedly ensuring he has no bears in the cave”. 

And perhaps it’s because I’ve (and likely others) heard some turds refer to us as “boogs”, we are noticing it more.

I am critical of Gus when he goofs, and I'll praise him when he does good. This is great! I really want him to be a guy that we have for years and years to come. This is a great part of his legacy here. If he rides out the Saban storm and wins a title or two, all of our criticism will be but a memory. 

30 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Love fairweather fans. 

How is it fair weather? This is the culture a 7mil per year coach has built on the resources he has. It’s below expectations. That’s all.

57 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Love fairweather fans. 

i would love some fair weather. 75 perhaps. 50% humidity. partly cloudy.  sounds nice. 

i know what it looks like when we lose stuff like this and its easy to come out and say we told yo so. but with this SPECIFIC GAME, it is. we learned nothing, did not grow from last year. how many times do these situations happen in sports and the team comes back and just straight up ***** them up. long story short we didn't.

I dont know about you but do you think we could have settled for 20 million for 2 years perhaps??...

9 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Happens quite a bit

Really? Name the coaches that have donated $2 million to a football only complex at their University?

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Really? Name the coaches that have donated $2 million to a football only complex at their University?

Mark Richt just donated $1 million

Saban donated $1 million for athletics facilities

Taggert $1 million at FSU

Archived