Whitlow and Shivers

Mid Atlantic Tiger

No disrespect to Kam Martin but IMO these 2 guys are our best backs and it will be a blast to watch them as they grow in the next few seasons!! 

Like to see Asa get some look too....did make a good catch on the wheel route....but I knew when he came in he was going to run the route; needs to see the field or the opposition will know when he is in...but do agree about 25 and 28...

Just now, tigerman1186 said:

Like to see Asa get some look too....did make a good catch on the wheel route....but I knew when he came in he was going to run the route; needs to see the field or the opposition will know when he is in...but do agree about 25 and 28...

Could be but the shift is what threw LSU off....once AM was lined up next to JS the defense lost track of him...but he did make a nice catch and run....and that 20 looked like Boobee's 28....or the other way around.....got them mixed up a couple times today.

1 minute ago, The Plainsman said:

Just got back from the game.  Did he get hurt?  2 carries?

I think we all got hurt... and they didn’t even buy us lunch first 

3 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

He didn't get hurt.  He was simply ineffective.  The coaches went with Whitlow and Shivers as the game progressed.  Whitlow and Shivers will be #1 & #2 next week, I think.

Just now, The Plainsman said:

No, not that I know of. Gus can never seem to decide through spring, and fall camp who his best running back is. It usually takes three or four games into the season. Of course we have also seen this same thing play out at the QB position a few times with him as well.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think we all got hurt... and they didn’t even buy us lunch first 

True. True.  You know, It was pretty flat inside JHS all game.   Just not “lit” like for precious big games in the past. 

2 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

He didn't get hurt.  He was simply ineffective.  The coacches went with Whitlow and Shivers as the game progressed.  Whitlow and Shivers will be #1 & #2 next week, I think.

Thanks.  Two carries I believe is what I read.   Ooof.  

Just now, The Plainsman said:

True. True.  You,. It was pretty flat inside JHS all game.   Just not “lit” for other big games. 

Thanks.  Two carries I believe is what I read.   Ooof.  

It’s the quietest LSU game I’ve ever been in honestly. The heat and the 2:30 slot killed any home field advantage we might have had.

Cleary that Alabama game deserved the prime time slot...

It's just another disappointing loss that should have been a win.  Just so maddeningly typical.

We absolutely should have won this game.  We made their average QB look like a budding star.

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It’s the quietest LSU game I’ve ever been in honestly. The heat and the 2:30 slot killed any home field advantage we might have had.

Crowd was very docile for a game of that magnitude. Don't get me wrong, it got loud at times, especially 4th quarter, but not the sustained energy you would come to expect. Never felt the "buzz" outside the stadium either. Think the heat had a lot to do with it.

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Crowd was very docile for a game of that magnitude. Don't get me wrong, it got loud at times, especially 4th quarter, but not the sustained energy you would come to expect. Never felt the "buzz" outside the stadium either. Think the heat had a lot to do with it.

Honestly, not as an excuse, I think it’s a different game if it was slotted for 6:00 pm after the sun would have been already below west upper deck.

Two years ago the crowd had LSU off kilter.

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We were the best game in the conference.  CBS gets first pick, not ESPN.  We got the right time slot as far as respect goes.

It was definitely NOT quiet in the upper deck.  We were loud on defense and quiet on offense, like you are supposed to be.  And of course, all the screaming and booing the refs.  It got quiet the 17 times ? that LSU players got hurt and stopped our momentum. I'm sure some of them might have actually been hurt.  

11 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

It was definitely NOT quiet in the upper deck.  We were loud on defense and quiet on offense, like you are supposed to be.  And of course, all the screaming and booing the refs.  It got quiet the 17 times ? that LSU players got hurt and stopped our momentum. I'm sure some of them might have actually been hurt.  

Nice to hear. Felt like the crowd came in and out where we were, but it was definitely loud in the 4th q.

6 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I can always count on you making sure your area is loud. Since I was on the couch I kept texting me husband “um y’all need to be louder - this is ridiculous!” I’m sure he loved it. 

Whitlow is the clear number one.

Shivers you can see the potential, but the game is a little fast for him right now.  Thinking too much and not hitting and exploding.  A few more carries and he is gonna go off too.

The main thing we need is a center not getting pushed back every play or needing help. 

Archived